Paula Abdul: New music and album coming

32 posts in this topic

Wow :clap3: and she looks amazing!

The true queen of pop making her return :duca:

Spellbound is THAT album, and y'all will deal. 

Come through! :duca:

Does she age???

She has been promising a new album for a decade. Shania Twain teas 

8 hours ago, stephen1108 said:

The true queen of pop making her return :duca:

Spellbound is THAT album, and y'all will deal. 

I just listened to Head Over Heels for the first time recently and it's really ahead of his time. I can't think if any pop star with an Asian-themed song before My Love is For Real.

8 hours ago, DatChickDoe said:

Well, a new album was supposed to come in the early 2000s, but she gave up on it. Spinning Around, the comeback song she co-wrote, went to Kylie Minogue.

8 hours ago, DatChickDoe said:

For more than two decades actually... Us Paula fans know to take her new album talks with a huge grain of salt.

3 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I just listened to Head Over Heels for the first time recently and it's really ahead of his time. I can't think if any pop star with an Asian-themed song before My Love is For Real.

She was also asked bout songs that she wanted to have as singles and she mentioned Ho Down and Under the Influence. Ho Down would have been a killer video visually and choreographically.

Paula makes great music. Can’t wait ! 

Her Loud is coming!!!! :jonny5:

4 hours ago, Inverted said:

it really captured the 90s perfectly :( r&B ballads, hip hop influenced tracks, pop tracks, jack swing, "vintage sampling" pop songs and yes even asian themed song sis DID THAT

4 hours ago, Swag said:

She was also asked bout songs that she wanted to have as singles and she mentioned Ho Down and Under the Influence. Ho Down would have been a killer video visually and choreographically.

i wishe performed aint never gonna give you up somewheere else in addition to only jay leno (?) that **** quality version of the performance on youtube does not do the song justice :( that CHOREO UGH

I’m mad we never got this 

8 hours ago, Melancholy said:

it really captured the 90s perfectly :( r&B ballads, hip hop influenced tracks, pop tracks, jack swing, "vintage sampling" pop songs and yes even asian themed song sis DID THAT

It deserved better.

8 hours ago, hellocory said:

I’m mad we never got this 

I remember this. I hate the excessive auto tune, but I loved the chorus they used in some MTV show opening credits:

Kylie's version has better vocals, but I domt like the production.

12 hours ago, Swag said:

For more than two decades actually... Us Paula fans know to take her new album talks with a huge grain of salt.

Well, it won't come out if there isn't enough demand. That's why she kept canceling yand rescheduling tour dates and claiming it was "technical difficulties."

I hope the current artists never get this rich and complacent...

10 hours ago, Melancholy said:

Yes a tour during HOH would have been it.

3 minutes ago, AvrilLaQueen said:

wow @Paula Abdul WON

giphy.gif

Spellbound Pt. II is coming.

On 3/16/2019 at 1:21 PM, Suspendedintheair said:

I hope the current artists never get this rich and complacent...

I don't think being complacent is the reason. She flopped hard with Head over Heels and probably lost confidence.

On 3/16/2019 at 2:46 PM, Paula Abdul said:

Spellbound Pt. II is coming.

Another album with mostly ballads? Yeah right. :rip: 

1 hour ago, Inverted said:

I don't think being complacent is the reason. She flopped hard with Head over Heels and probably lost confidence.

Another album with mostly ballads? Yeah right. :rip: 

I can agree "Will You Marry Me?" was a bad single choice. My Virgin label should had pick "Rock House" and "U" (feat. Prince)" as saviour hit singles. 

5 minutes ago, Paula Abdul said:

I can agree "Will You Marry Me?" was a bad single choice. My Virgin label should had pick "Rock House" and "U" (feat. Prince)" as saviour hit singles. 

Will You Marry Me? is one of the best songs on Spellbound. If it were released before your Vibeology disaster, it would have been a bigger hit. Rock House should have been the second single.

Promise of a New Day is your worst #1 (although I personally like it). I always thought the line was "evil's calling and calling your name". The song would have been better that way.

2 hours ago, Paula Abdul said:

Yass

She's performing at the BBMAs next week so maybe she'll release something soon. :michael: 

On 3/15/2019 at 11:51 PM, Inverted said:

just listened to Head Over Heels for the first time recently and it's really ahead of his time. I can't think if any pop star with an Asian-themed song before My Love is For Real.

On 3/16/2019 at 4:15 AM, Melancholy said:

Why did this album perform so poorly though? I understand the “calculated pop artists” were left behind at the beginning of the decade as R&B and rap took the baton and ran with it, but I think Head Over Heels captured the essence of the current sound and time. It’s in the same vein as Bedtime Stories (I find HOH to be far better), but how was Madonna able to get a #1 record out of it and nothing from Paula?