Early entry ticket

22 posts in this topic

Has anyone in here ever bought an "Early Entry" ticket and can tell me how was the experience and was it worth it?

I did for Lana Del Rey last year and it was very worth it. I still had to get there like 10 hours early to be front row in GA, because everybody with early entry competes for the best spot by the barricade when brought in early. I ended up meeting Lana in the front row because of it and getting s picture with her, because of it.

3 minutes ago, TheSugarVenom said:

I did for Lana Del Rey last year and it was very worth it. I still had to get there like 10 hours early to be front row in GA, because everybody with early entry competes for the best spot by the barricade when brought in early. I ended up meeting Lana in the front row because of it and getting s picture with her, because of it.

How many people had that early entry ticket?

Is this directed towards shows in general? If so, I bought my sister early entry VIP to Khalid and even though we still had to get there early, we ended up center barricade, which IMO was def worth it - so many great pictures, video and interaction beause of it!

i bought an early bird entry ticket in 2012 when i went to see cher lloyd however the ticket company accidently sold everybody an early bird ticket which resulted in everybody getting let in early together 

9 minutes ago, Dovely said:

Is this directed towards shows in general? If so, I bought my sister early entry VIP to Khalid and even though we still had to get there early, we ended up center barricade, which IMO was def worth it - so many great pictures, video and interaction beause of it!

Yeah just concerts in general

How early is it usually?

5 minutes ago, CHERLLOYD said:

i bought an early bird entry ticket in 2012 when i went to see cher lloyd however the ticket company accidently sold everybody an early bird ticket which resulted in everybody getting let in early together 

Lol sounds bizzare

I did for Beyonce twice. It was worth it because I got to the front row - twice.

13 minutes ago, CHERLLOYD said:

3 minutes ago, 1RM5 said:

Yeah just concerts in general

How early is it usually?

'Early' depends on how big the artist is, how dedicated the fanbase is (or large venue capacity), how close you want to be, etc. Like @TheSugarVenom said, once you have early entry then you're competing with the people that WANT to be close as possible, and they WILL be there early. 

I'm trying to think back to how early we went. Doors probably opened between 6-7 and we arrived at the venue (8,500) around 12ish?

I never knew these existed. I buy from ticket scalpers so I can sit where I want :psyduck:

1 hour ago, 1RM5 said:

How many people had that early entry ticket?

A hundred something. But every concert and concert venue operates differently. I asked a lot of questions directly to the venue before my concert. Email them any questions you have and they’ll help you. 

1 hour ago, Dovely said:

'Early' depends on how big the artist is, how dedicated the fanbase is (or large venue capacity), how close you want to be, etc. Like @TheSugarVenom said, once you have early entry then you're competing with the people that WANT to be close as possible, and they WILL be there early. 

I'm trying to think back to how early we went. Doors probably opened between 6-7 and we arrived at the venue (8,500) around 12ish?

Yep doors opened for me at 6PM and I got there at 10AM thinking I’d be first in line but there were already 17 people in front of me just for early entr. I still got front row though and ended up being right center stage, so it was beneficial. I’d make a day out of it if you can. Be ready to sit in line for 10 hours and make friends with the other people in line. Bring a portable charger and some snacks and you’ll be fine. If you make friends with those in front and behind you, they’ll hold your spot for when you wanna go to the bathroom or get a quick bite to eat.

always. sucks to pay so much extra but it's a relief to have that assurance.

3 hours ago, TheSugarVenom said:

Yep doors opened for me at 6PM and I got there at 10AM thinking I’d be first in line but there were already 17 people in front of me just for early entr. I still got front row though and ended up being right center stage, so it was beneficial. I’d make a day out of it if you can. Be ready to sit in line for 10 hours and make friends with the other people in line. Bring a portable charger and some snacks and you’ll be fine. If you make friends with those in front and behind you, they’ll hold your spot for when you wanna go to the bathroom or get a quick bite to eat.

If i'll come like only an hour before the early entry do you think it'll be worth it cause I'll still be in front of the standard ticket holders or a bit of a waste?

3 hours ago, TheSugarVenom said:

A hundred something. But every concert and concert venue operates differently. I asked a lot of questions directly to the venue before my concert. Email them any questions you have and they’ll help you. 

Will do,thanks.

Hopefully they'll answer but Im not sure since English isn't their first languege lol

4 hours ago, 1RM5 said:

If i'll come like only an hour before the early entry do you think it'll be worth it cause I'll still be in front of the standard ticket holders or a bit of a waste?

Will do,thanks.

Hopefully they'll answer but Im not sure since English isn't their first languege lol

If you don’t care about being front row but wanna still be close, it’s probably worth it, otherwise you’ll be further back if you’re GA.

I did it a few years back for a Christina Perri gig. While I loved the concert, the 'early entry' was a complete con. It was a bundle which allowed early access to the venue, as well as some exclusive merch. I knew it was going to be a shamble when I got to the venue; they had no separate line or anything for early entry, and we were made to queue with the general admission. Long story short, we were let into the venue approximately 5 minutes before general entry. All the merch was on a table in a room on the other side of the venue. By the time we found the merch room, the general admission had already been let in and took up all the good spaces near the stage. Fundamentally, we paid an extra £20 a ticket for some small merch (a key ring, bag etc) and ended up in the middle of the crowd. 

I made an official complaint to the organizers. When I got a letter back, they simply "apologized" for my bad experience, but stated that under none of the advertisements for early-entry did it specify just "how early" it was. On that logic, they could've let us in one minute before the GA. I'll never pay extra again, a complete waste of money, :dies:

19 minutes ago, BlackStar_93 said:

I did it a few years back for a Christina Perri gig. While I loved the concert, the 'early entry' was a complete con. It was a bundle which allowed early access to the venue, as well as some exclusive merch. I knew it was going to be a shamble when I got to the venue; they had no separate line or anything for early entry, and we were made to queue with the general admission. Long story short, we were let into the venue approximately 5 minutes before general entry. All the merch was on a table in a room on the other side of the venue. By the time we found the merch room, the general admission had already been let in and took up all the good spaces near the stage. Fundamentally, we paid an extra £20 a ticket for some small merch (a key ring, bag etc) and ended up in the middle of the crowd. 

I made an official complaint to the organizers. When I got a letter back, they simply "apologized" for my bad experience, but stated that under none of the advertisements for early-entry did it specify just "how early" it was. On that logic, they could've let us in one minute before the GA. I'll never pay extra again, a complete waste of money, :dies:

This is standard.

Early entry is never that early, you are simply let in first.

It's always best to leave buying merch until after the show.

5 minutes ago, Kim Kardashian said:

This is standard.

Early entry is never that early, you are simply let in first.

It's always best to leave buying merch until after the show.

Sorry, my post wasn't clear enough. By 'merch table', I didn't mean general merch. Some 'free' merch came with the early entry ticket, and we were told by organizers there would be a room with the merch in for us to collect before the show, and that the free merch wasn't guaranteed if we opted to collect after the show. I always buy merch after a show, as there's no point in wasting time queuing when you could be getting a good spot in the crowd. 

I guess they did stick to their end of the deal with the "early entry", but still, I think it's a scam. Early entry should be at least 30 minutes before general entry imo. Gives people time to get merch, go to the toilet/get a drink, and find a space before the GA enter the venue. 

1 hour ago, BlackStar_93 said:

Sorry, my post wasn't clear enough. By 'merch table', I didn't mean general merch. Some 'free' merch came with the early entry ticket, and we were told by organizers there would be a room with the merch in for us to collect before the show, and that the free merch wasn't guaranteed if we opted to collect after the show. I always buy merch after a show, as there's no point in wasting time queuing when you could be getting a good spot in the crowd. 

I guess they did stick to their end of the deal with the "early entry", but still, I think it's a scam. Early entry should be at least 30 minutes before general entry imo. Gives people time to get merch, go to the toilet/get a drink, and find a space before the GA enter the venue. 

Oh yeah, that's definitely ****ty.

All the concerts I've been to early entry either gave you the merch in the queue or let you collect after.

2 hours ago, BlackStar_93 said:

Oh wow that sounds like a ****ty experience, I really want to believe this kind of "early entry" is rare.

27 minutes ago, Kim Kardashian said:

Oh yeah, that's definitely ****ty.

All the concerts I've been to early entry either gave you the merch in the queue or let you collect after.

Usually how early did you get in?

1 hour ago, 1RM5 said:

Oh wow that sounds like a ****ty experience, I really want to believe this kind of "early entry" is rare.

Usually how early did you get in?

Again, it's not about being in *early*, it's about being in before everybody else.

It depends how many early entry tickets are sold, and where you are in the early entry queue.

But basically, they just let all the early entry in and then the general admission in straight after.

Literally the best tickets for a show. Why? Meet&Greet experiences always end up being underwhelming due to time management and all that. On the other hand, early ticket shows almost guarantees a first line ticket and being front line in a show is f*cking amazing. You get to be closer to your fave acts more time than in  aM&G