Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New Kimbra songs on the Daffodils Soundtrack

9 posts in this topic

She acts in the film (I think it has only had a NZ indie theaters release so far) and has several songs on the soundtrack in collaboration with the New Zealand group Lips. Her solo songs are Silent Treatment (which is a slay, sounds like something straight out of Primal Heart), What the Hell, and Not Given Lightly, and then she sings as part of two other group songs and background vocals on another song.

Silent Treatment is so cute, I use it :jamming:

What The Hell doesn't sound like a Kimbra song, skip :katie:

Not Given Lightly is very cute :flower:

Crazy? Yes! Dumb? No! is very cute [2] :celestial3: Kinda gives me Vows vibes just a bit :heart2: Favorite after Silent Treatment :celestial2:

Silent Treatment > C?Y!D?N! >> Not Given Lightly >>> What The Hell :celestial6:

I love the name Kimbra. It sounds like the name of a Saban era Power Rangers villain. Who is she?

18 minutes ago, HotFriedChicken said:

I love the name Kimbra. It sounds like the name of a Saban era Power Rangers villain. Who is she?

She was the female singer on Gotye’s Somebody That I Used to Know which is her most mainstream moment of her career, but she also has 3 excellent albums. You should def check her stuff out.

25 minutes ago, jamesfog said:

Silent Treatment is so cute, I use it :jamming:

What The Hell doesn't sound like a Kimbra song, skip :katie:

Not Given Lightly is very cute :flower:

Crazy? Yes! Dumb? No! is very cute [2] :celestial3: Kinda gives me Vows vibes just a bit :heart2: Favorite after Silent Treatment :celestial2:

Silent Treatment > C?Y!D?N! >> Not Given Lightly >>> What The Hell :celestial6:

CYDN isn’t her. She must have helped write it or contributed background vocals and that is why she is credited but the primary vocals are the singer from the band Lips who created the play that led to the movie.

didn't know about this :heart2: thanks for making this thread!

What the Hell is my favourite for now; such a different sound for her!

are you sure Kimbra isn't the lead on Crazy? I've never listened to Lips before,

but if I compare Crazy with their most popular Spotify songs, I'd say it's Kimbra

2 hours ago, That Bad Eartha said:

CYDN isn’t her. She must have helped write it or contributed background vocals and that is why she is credited but the primary vocals are the singer from the band Lips who created the play that led to the movie.

I-

mess how didn't I notice that.. :toofunny3: :toofunny3: I guess they have similar voices

I'm positive this is Kimbra singing on CYDN, I've been a stan since 2012, I know her voice

9 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

didn't know about this :heart2: thanks for making this thread!

What the Hell is my favourite for now; such a different sound for her!

are you sure Kimbra isn't the lead on Crazy? I've never listened to Lips before,

but if I compare Crazy with their most popular Spotify songs, I'd say it's Kimbra

8 hours ago, jamesfog said:

I'm positive this is Kimbra singing on CYDN, I've been a stan since 2012, I know her voice

Y'all are right. The download I was using mistakenly had one of Rose's songs tagged as CYDN and the actual CYDN was named Bliss. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0