Condolences to our New Zealand & Muslim members affected by the Christchurch mosque shootings Read more... ×

Irish PM brings gay lover to meet Mike Pence and wife

43 posts in this topic

IsaiahFisher

D1ns0pLXQAAYvXr.jpg

The Irish prime minister, Leo Varadkar, who is gay, brought his partner to a meeting on Thursday with the US vice-president, Mike Pence, a conservative Christian once dubbed “the face of anti-LGBTQ hate in America.

Varadkar, who is in Washington this week to reaffirm the longstanding shared history between the two countries, brought his partner, Matt Barrett, to a St Patrick’s Day breakfast at the vice-presidential residence at the Naval Observatory.

Varadkar tweeted that he and Barrett had received a “warm reception” at Pence’s home, but in pointed remarks to Pence and gathered media, he also called out various forms of discrimination.

“I lived in a country where if I’d tried to be myself at the time, it would have ended up breaking laws,” he said. “But today, that is all changed. I stand here, leader of my country, flawed and human, but judged by my political actions, and not by my sexual orientation, my skin tone, gender or religious beliefs.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/mar/14/mike-pence-ireland-pm-leo-varadkar-meeting-openly-gay-irish-pm-partner-video

The boyfriend is cute

liberalmusiclover
7 minutes ago, KimmyBella said:

I bet the Pences talked sh!t after the gays left :mandown:

All while fantasizing of a gay threesome, I bet.  It's usually how bible thumping closet cases are...

kgeezy310
1 hour ago, DaddyIssuesX said:

not mike pence's wife looking like a fat rhea perlman :deadbanana4: the family is hideous

Nnnnn not a fat rhea Perlman!! :deadbanana4:

Elite Four Brad
1 hour ago, liberalmusiclover said:

All while fantasizing of a gay threesome, I bet.  It's usually how bible thumping closet cases are...

:gaycat5:

loveisdead9582

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5c8b3b1b432f54716b

and you know mike and mother were ridiculously bothered. It couldn’t have happened to a nicer couple