Jump to content
Condolences to our New Zealand & Muslim members affected by the Christchurch mosque shootings Read more... ×

21 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

May

Almost everything that google tries to make ends up being a total flop :rip: why can’t they just stick to being a search engine?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Attitude

Apparently it's going to be a streaming only console. They were testing something called Project Stream with Assassin's Creed Odyssey last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ceremonials
2 hours ago, Attitude said:

Apparently it's going to be a streaming only console. They were testing something called Project Stream with Assassin's Creed Odyssey last year.

It wont. If its a streaming only thing it will be in a little stick like am Amazon Fire stick. If they’re making an actual console it will have games and exclusives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Can't_M!ss_This
1 hour ago, ceremonials said:

It wont. If its a streaming only thing it will be in a little stick like am Amazon Fire stick. If they’re making an actual console it will have games and exclusives.

I can’t see Google making a console that requires physical media when even Sony and Microsoft are looking into and moving ahead with cloud based gaming. I suppose it’ll have a hard drive and ditch the DVD drive as all consoles should do. 

————————————————————————

 

But this screams flop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ceremonials
7 minutes ago, Can't_M!ss_This said:

I can’t see Google making a console that requires physical media when even Sony and Microsoft are looking into and moving ahead with cloud based gaming. I suppose it’ll have a hard drive and ditch the DVD drive as all consoles should do. 

————————————————————————

 

But this screams flop. 

It can be all digital without being streaming only though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
G.U.Y

Imagine playing games on your phone, tablet on Ultra setting (+ $2,000) :jonny5:

This is the future :jonny5:(might flop the next 5 years tho)

At least Odyssey got some promo :jonny5:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ceremonials

Idk if the conference was different to the vid i just watched on Twitter but that has to be the worst marketing i have ever seen. :rip:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lovecatt

whew that conference was dreadful

 

They just kept throwing out ton of "hardcore gamer" keywords

 

fps

4k

amazing visuals

amazing tech

teraflops

hdr

battle royal

triple a

ambitious

 

I could not roll my eyes harder. too much fluff & promises but like zero actual games. This might have worked at like a regular google keynote but at an actual games conference? nah people can see through those lies. Streaming is definitely the future but like thats years away, especially in the US were the infrastructure is trash.  You can tell this was made by a ton of boardroom suits that have zero actual gaming knowledge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Attitude

The keynote was awful. I get that it was targeted towards investors, but it was worse than an E3 press conference and it's the same thing. :skull:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites