Condolences to our New Zealand & Muslim members affected by the Christchurch mosque shootings Read more... ×

50 dead in New Zealand terrorist attack

428 posts in this topic

FREE
18 minutes ago, Rainsford said:

And what's up with New Zealand police? The school shooting that happened here in Brazil, the police got there in like 5 minutes, while in New Zealand this guy was walking around freely for over 20 minutes. And there were a lot of cars running while he was shooting people, nobody that escaped called the police?

because unlike brazil shootings aren’t a normal occurance 

Rainsford
8 minutes ago, FREE said:

because unlike brazil shootings aren’t a normal occurance 

So police does nothing in New Zealand?

Tremor Christ
3 hours ago, Nerevanin said:

RIP to victims. Every such an act is terrible but there is something real vile about attacking people in their place of prayers, like a church or a mosque.

On the side not, to be honest, I'm quite surprised that something like that didn't happen earlier when you think of all the recent terrorist attacks (especially in Europe) by muslims against Christians / non-muslims and the recent rise of right political parties. Imo it took surprisingly long before some psychopath decided to get a "revenge" against muslims. I wish it wouldn't happen though obviously. :(

You are a sick person. You have no idea how many muslims died from terrorism or how many muslims are being targeted daily for their identity. Muslims are the ones that are affected by ISIS, Boko Haram etc & terrorism the most. They are the ones dying, in dozens, hundreds each time. Next time don't try to be slick and try to mask your hate behind this condescending demagoguery. You said christians & non-muslims are wise to not "get revenge" and kill muslims. I have no words to describe how sick what you said is.

Ash12345
3 hours ago, Lucas32 said:

You understand radical religious extremism is a far-right ideology or not?

I was just curious. This guy describes himself as a white nationalist eco fascist. He is anti capitalist, wants to raise the minimum wage, and believes that the People's Republic of China provides a good model for Western countries and that the world is overpopulated and headed towards serious environmental issues. I don't know how much those things are associated with what people consider far right ideology. 

It seems that like many radical Islamists, he is trying to provoke retaliation from his enemies to increase political polarization. He is hoping it will cause Muslims to commit acts of terrorism against Westerners and the political left to crack down on gun rights, especially in the US with the second ammendment.

Gavin Stenhouse
19 minutes ago, Tremor Christ said:

You are a sick person. You have no idea how many muslims died from terrorism or how many muslims are being targeted daily for their identity. Muslims are the ones that are affected by ISIS, Boko Haram etc & terrorism the most. They are the ones dying, in dozens, hundreds each time. Next time don't try to be slick and try to mask your hate behind this condescending demagoguery. You said christians & non-muslims are wise to not "get revenge" and kill muslims. I have no words to describe how sick what you said is.

THIS

Pirate

Wow. I thought guns are banned in New Zealand?! To cause that kind of damage he needed like a semi-automatic gun. I see there’s been a debate over whether this man is mentally disturbed or a terrorist. Those two things aren’t mutually exclusive. Either way... 49 lives were lost to senseless violence and hatred. 

My condolences and prayers to all the victims involved. 

fabbriche
3 hours ago, Lucas32 said:

You understand radical religious extremism is a far-right ideology or not?

Radical being far-right is an oxymoron. It is the reactionaries that are at the extreme right of the political spectrum and the radicals are at the extreme left.

Radicals are people who find themselves extremely discontented with the status quo and demand change. Reactionaries reject changes and modern values and would like to see society adopt former social norms and policies.

It's also worth noting that not all religious extremists are far-right or reactionaries. Many are far-left like the Calvinists in 16th century Europe, and the Nasserists and Baathists in the Middle East.

Kool_Aid_King

So I went to the mosque today and was elated to see over 600 people there. Everyone seemed so strong and brave. Really glad the community is standing together and showing strength among this awful event.

Soup in Teapot

I have been to ChristChurch in December 2018, it was a cruise trip from AU to NZ. Such a lovely and peaceful town. I feel so so so sorry for the victims and people that affected by this terrible terrible attack. 

Soup in Teapot

I am not to criticize specific countries, but according to my friends and classmates, there are more hate crimes/ behavior happenned in Australia and New Zealand these years. I just don’t get it why it’s so hard for some people to be nice and friendly.

Fizzy
5 hours ago, Nerevanin said:

RIP to victims. Every such an act is terrible but there is something real vile about attacking people in their place of prayers, like a church or a mosque.

On the side not, to be honest, I'm quite surprised that something like that didn't happen earlier when you think of all the recent terrorist attacks (especially in Europe) by muslims against Christians / non-muslims and the recent rise of right political parties. Imo it took surprisingly long before some psychopath decided to get a "revenge" against muslims. I wish it wouldn't happen though obviously. :(

You’re sick. You remind me of the shooter.  

IBeMe

@Nerevanin do you purposely put your head in the sand? These attacks against muslims arn't new. Did you forget Quebec City mosque attack that happened like 2 years ago? That's just one example of many that happen worldwide. This isn't new. 

Additionally yall need to know that the #1 victims of ISIS and terror groups ARE MUSLIMS. More muslims have died at the hands of terrorists then non muslims. Check the facts. Terror groups harm EVERYONE.

Nexto

RIP to all the victims. I can hardly imagine what the families must be going through.

Will this ever stop?

Nerevanin
2 hours ago, Tremor Christ said:

Honestly I'm not sure how you made that ^ out of what I wrote. I don't know if I worded it wrong, as English is not my first language, or you just completely missed my point, but I'm sorry that you came to that conclusion. :(

8 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

@Nerevanin do you purposely put your head in the sand? These attacks against muslims arn't new. Did you forget Quebec City mosque attack that happened like 2 years ago? That's just one example of many that happen worldwide. This isn't new. 

To be honest, I don't remember the Quebec City mosque attack you mentioned. :blush: I know that there are attacks against muslims but this is the first one of this scale in the "western" world I remember. Sorry if I offended you. :(

Tremor Christ
6 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

Honestly I'm not sure how you made that ^ out of what I wrote. I don't know if I worded it wrong, as English is not my first language, or you just completely missed my point, but I'm sorry that you came to that conclusion. :(

I guessed your wording was wrong so don't take my harsh reply personal but it is such a terrible thing to say. Intentional or not, we muslims have been dealing with this kind of slick condescending dehumanizing behaviour for so long that I could not hold back. Just know that muslims are the biggest victims of terrorism. Literally. Hundreds of muslims die because of it everyday. There's nothing that justifies any "revenge" against muslims, it's a borderline hateful narrative. Immigrants might make europeans uncomfortable but it's literally terrorism and violence that lost them their land in the first place.