Condolences to our New Zealand & Muslim members affected by the Christchurch mosque shootings Read more... ×

93 posts in this topic

Little Dark Age
20 minutes ago, ProblematicStan said:

What???? TUN was for 17 weeks on top 10 and 7 weeks at #1.  "7 Rings" is 7 weeks on top 2 and coming back to #1.

Also BIWYG,IB is rebounding coming again for top 10 in 2 weeks.

I'm aware I kinda meant radio longevity. obviously the era is doing incredibly well but there's no denying the amount of singles she's put out has cut some of the runs a bit short

Witnessed ET
1 minute ago, Henstridge said:

Well does new hit single mean it's the next single, because that's what iheart called it, and I'm pretty sure a radio company would know what a single is

well idk what iheart said but I cant take Pharrell's three quick words seriously. Although I wouldn't mind this song as a single.

alfonso12

I really love this song (probably my fav out of the non-singles) but I don't think it's a good single choice.

AMIT
38 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

It’s bc of tge hype that it got. But in terms of being a single material. It ain’t it :/

From a twitter thread :skull: How is not single material when the public continues to stream it more than every other song from the album :skull:

I remember people saying Needy would just be a frontloaded fad in the album thread and it's STILL the most streamed album track a month later :bibliahh:

She needs a ballad single too and this is the best chance they could ask for. It's an amazing choice.

ProblematicStan
11 minutes ago, Little Dark Age said:

I'm aware I kinda meant radio longevity. obviously the era is doing incredibly well but there's no denying the amount of singles she's put out has cut some of the runs a bit short

Oh this is true!!! :hug:

Disruptive

Not the best single choice but I love it nonetheless. 

Hopefully it can be a big hit for her :duca:

WestCoast

needy being so short kinda hurts it imo :rip: If she re-released it with a feature it could be dope. 6LACK would be sooooo dope on this record. 

STONE

I can't see this song doing well on radio :dancehall:, Fake Smil, Bad Idea, NASA, or even In my Head sounds like a song would do better on the radio.

BeenTheShit

Why would she release Needy!?  It's a good album track but definitely not single material like NASA and Bloodline. :tsk:

Jude
44 minutes ago, WestCoast said:

re-release it ft. 6LACK queen :fan:

She sounded like an angle and her pitch was perfect. :weeps:

OMG. This song is really made for her, and only for her. :clap3:

Eternium
5 minutes ago, Jude said:

I can't wait! Idc if it smashes or not. I'm here for the emotional video. :jonny6:

The only thing worse than Ariana’s single choices is her videos. Imagine wanting to see a low budget Hannah Lux Davis video set to a meandering, generic attempt at R&B. This is her revenge for the way we snubbed the awful R.E.M. :jonny: 

Jude
1 minute ago, Eternium said:

The only thing worse than Ariana’s single choices is her videos. Imagine wanting to see a low budget Hannah Lux Davis video set to a meandering, generic attempt at R&B. This is her revenge for the way we snubbed the awful R.E.M. :jonny: 

Nnnnnnnnn I will scream if she trolls us with a horrid generic video.

Taste of Honey
1 hour ago, WestCoast said:

needy being so short kinda hurts it imo :rip: If she re-released it with a feature it could be dope. 6LACK would be sooooo dope on this record. 

I think it's way too introspective for a feature, but if it had to have one 6LACK would be a good choice. Something like his verse here would fit:

tylerrcrush
3 hours ago, Little Dark Age said:

at this point it seems like they'll milk the album for as many top 10s as possible even if none of them serve longevity.

not a bad strategy. hope they'll do something for ghostin, bad idea and bloodline too

The first single from this era was her longest top 10 run ever. And 7 rings is going on 6 weeks in the top 10, every week either at #1 or #2. :rip:

FAN

This will definitely underperform. Buwyg,ib is already a lot weaker than the first two singles on the chart and this song is just not it. It excelled upon release because it’s at the top of the album like lots of album tracks do. Bloodline is the obvious summer single choice, especially with pop making a comeback on the charts. 

Selenurr

She said a big f you to all of the bloodline and nasa stans

kii