Lilly Singh to host NBC late night show

48 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I hope it flops like her unfunny jokes

Whoa. Real talk, that's crazy amazing. Youtubers are gonna takeover our current celebrity status as we know it.

I like Lily, she seems very nice and this is amazing for the youtube community but... she's not funny. This is bound to be a mess :skull: 

14 minutes ago, mathekr said:

I like Lily, she seems very nice and this is amazing for the youtube community but... she's not funny. This is bound to be a mess :skull: 

I mean neither is Jimmy Fallon so funny is not an essential requirement 

18 minutes ago, mathekr said:

They'll hire writers lol, as long as she can deliver a joke I'm sure it will be fine. 

She's great so I'm glad she got the job!

Out of all the Youtubers you can pick :ahh: Hope it's cancelled real fasT...

Carson Daly isn't really a comedy show tho, its more of interview and curiosity show

Damn this is a huge deal, go Lilly go :clap3:

I love Lily but that's just because we grew up in the same neighbourhood lol I hope she does well! She's one of the few youtubers I follow (more so her vlog channel just cause I don't care much for her skits)

This is AMAZING news. A woman of color booking a mainstream main network late night gig. And on top of that, she's a super cool millennial YouTuber. So excited for this. :clap3:

Good for her :clap3:

She's not funny imo BUT she is an awesome person (from what I can gather) and this will be good for her career. 

I love her and even met her on her book tour, though I haven’t watched it in a lonngggg time.

That being said, this is huge :clap3: She’s a bi-sexual woman of color as a show host. That’s insane. 

I do hope it’s not too similar to her YouTube content because they have to have different tones, otherwise it won’t work. 

2 hours ago, DONTYELLATME said:

Carson Daly isn't really a comedy show tho, its more of interview and curiosity show

This.  But IIRC, Carson's show DID start as a show in the same style as Leno's and Conan's; they just changed the format midway through.  Maybe the producers want to go back to the more late-night comedy format?

Wow, this is MAJOR. 

She has a beautiful spirit & her hustle is insane. I’m rooting for her! 

Canadians hitting it big :clap3:

Posted (edited)

I was a former fan since her videos started to become less funny but wow this is amazing  :clap3:

Why her? She’s not even relevant anymore, Liza Koshi surpasses her. Plus she’s really unfunny.

wow this is amazing :eek: 

Why are gays always so negative..? :biblio:   She has literally started from NOTHING and made her own way to this.. like there's nothing to dislike or be mad about, if u are not into her don't watch it dummies. 

1 minute ago, Jet said:

Why her? She’s not even relevant anymore, Liza Koshi surpasses her. Plus she’s really unfunny.

uhm yes she is relevant, she just announced her own Late Night Show on Jimmy Fallon..... like :rip: 

She has passed her peak on Youtube awhile ago - obvi, but she is upgrading now.  When her show starts she'll easily be the most relevant youtuber so yeah. 

I am not even a fan of her, why am I defending her :rip: