X-Men vs Avengers: More iconic?

47 posts in this topic

Avengers are currently the it superhero team but a decade ago the X-Men were the first superhero team to slay the box office (and their comics have always been more popular than any Avengers comics)

Did the Avengers surpass the X-Men as the most iconic superhero team?

Image result for x-men vs avengers

Can't wait for the MCU crossover movies in the 2020s :fan: 

X-Men ***** on Avengers :chick2:

2 minutes ago, yASSsss said:

tenor.gif?itemid=10875831

Xmen!!! Avengers are just current.

Disney just Acquired the rights to X-men, so they’re about to be mains again.

X Men had it a few years way back, the 90s/00s cartoons also helped that as well but the movies were just so-so. Avengers outsold, outfranchised, outtoysed, outsequeled, outcartooned, outcasted and outlasted Xmen in all categories including gifs. It's all due to he actors chemistry tbh. Avengers surpassed immensely, even other franchises, it's only competitor rn is GOT not Xmen. People are pumped for both on April. It's crazy. 

The major factor of the Avengers success were really the actors tho, stats wise. but I gotta admit the interesting characters are in the X-men. 

X-Men, Avengers started gaining traction later on but it's bigger and it may end up being more iconic at the end.

X-Men was the first IT team but the mediocre movies really damaged their appeal while the exact opposite happened for the Avengers, their hit movies made their popularity and icon status SKYROCKET. 

Marvel has the X-Men back now so it remains to be seen whether they can undo the damage done to the X-Brand (or if they even want to). I'm skeptical but open to being proven wrong. 

1 hour ago, Legendairy said:

X Men had it a few years way back, the 90s/00s cartoons also helped that as well but the movies were just so-so. Avengers outsold, outfranchised, outtoysed, outsequeled, outcartooned, outcasted and outlasted Xmen in all categories including gifs. It's all due to he actors chemistry tbh. Avengers surpassed immensely, even other franchises, it's only competitor rn is GOT not Xmen. People are pumped for both on April. It's crazy. 

46 minutes ago, HotFriedChicken said:

X-Men was the first IT team but the mediocre movies really damaged their appeal while the exact opposite happened for the Avengers, their hit movies made their popularity and icon status SKYROCKET. 

Marvel has the X-Men back now so it remains to be seen whether they can undo the damage done to the X-Brand (or if they even want to). I'm skeptical but open to being proven wrong. 

The Avengers are the biggest superhero group. 

Anyone who says Avengers can’t be older than 15 lmao 

3 hours ago, yASSsss said:

And folks, there you have it.  Not to mention, X3 being the best of the franchise, too, but don’t @ me on that.

:zzz:

I don't care I just want all of them in the same movie

latest?cb=20111208002319

1 hour ago, Blood Magic said:

The Avengers are the biggest superhero group. 

At the moment!

The fact that we're going to get an Avengers vs X-Men movie in the near future :jonny5:

X-Men 

Best superhero team ever. 

X-Men its not an argument so don't @ me

X-Men of course :alexz:They have the highest selling coming book ever, have more iconic storylines(Phoenix Saga Days of Future Past, Age of Apocalypse) and more iconic villains :foxaylove2:

There's a reason Marvel sold the rights to Spider-Man and X-Men when they went bankrupt.  They will surpass the Avengers again once they start making appearances in the MCU. Won’t be surprised if the next Avenger movie is  the AvX story line.

Storm alone is bigger than the universe.

x-men, obviously

even in just the film category, x2 is better than any avengers movie, not to mention how much more iconic the comic books are

X-MEN will always be the most iconic Superhero Group ever.

2 hours ago, Anye said:

Storm alone is bigger than the universe.

Ooopt tea is served I see

X-Men for sure