Condolences to our New Zealand & Muslim members affected by the Christchurch mosque shootings Read more... ×

Gaga only slays with less creative control, why?

78 posts in this topic

Bang Up
16 minutes ago, BadMonster said:

@Travis Bickle thinking he did something when he can't name a single example or reason of when she was a label puppet and what makes him say that :rip: she wasn't a puppet, she wrote some of her biggest hits in 10 to 15 minutes :rip:

TEOG was a mess cuz she had a conflict with the director and scrapped the original shoot and for the Joanne era she went in another direction, she tried something different

She doesn't have less creative control, she benefits from people channeling/filtering her ideas cuz she has too many of them, which could end up incoherent/messy/unfocused

Funnily enough, her "fails" have been fails because of external forces stifling her. TEOG, director wouldn't let her do what she wanted. Million Reasons, her label didn't give her any time to film. Gaga excels when she and her team are given the time and budget to do what they want. It's never about her needing other people to do anything for her, like "filtering her ideas," it's always about her just being given creative control. In the past, every time Interscope has tried to step in things have fallen apart. Look at the past few years. She was given control with her team. Part of her resigning to Interscope was that she had full control. Ever since, her career has been on the up and up. When you have someone like Gaga who does have a billion ideas, you have to give them time and space to filter them on their own. When she's confined, her vision gets muddied.

Bang Up
3 minutes ago, Koreku said:

My point

Her ideas are great but can benefit from the involvement of professionals that can take her vision and maximize it 

You lot have been pedaling this fallacy for years. Her team is filled with professionals and still sometimes her visions fall flat. So what does that tell you? That it has nothing to do with "professionals", right? It's not about that, it's about her being supported and given space and time to create. 

There have been plenty of things she has released with "professionals" by her side that her fans have hated and yet they still push this "she needs professional" theory. A big example is the Enigma costumes. Those were designed by none other than Nicola Formichetti himself, the person the fans so desperately wanted to come back. But the issue with that was that they were rushed. They had to put a lot of the Enigma show together really quickly because of something Nicola said. So again, going back to my personal theory of giving her the time and space to create. It's what all artists need.

Koreku
12 minutes ago, Bang Up said:

You lot have been pedaling this fallacy for years. Her team is filled with professionals and still sometimes her visions fall flat. So what does that tell you? That it has nothing to do with "professionals", right? It's not about that, it's about her being supported and given space and time to create. 

There have been plenty of things she has released with "professionals" by her side that her fans have hated and yet they still push this "she needs professional" theory. A big example is the Enigma costumes. Those were designed by none other than Nicola Formichetti himself, the person the fans so desperately wanted to come back. But the issue with that was that they were rushed. They had to put a lot of the Enigma show together really quickly because of something Nicola said. So again, going back to my personal theory of giving her the time and space to create. It's what all artists need.

I was talking about film director professionals, nothing else. My post had absolutely nothing to do with costumes :skull: 

PoisonPill

Gaga is at her peak when she has control but with a strong supporting team to smoothe the sharp corners. She gets into trouble when she has complete free reign and is allowed to indulge her worst instincts.

MissedTheTrain

Way to discredit every actress in existence with that OP :rip:  

Gaga slayed because of her performance, and she wrote the music.

Ghiles
11 hours ago, alfonso12 said:

The fact that you have the nerve to talk about creative control when the woman in your avi makes the most generic music one could imagine and that only had one successful era thanks to Max Martin. :lmao:

:rip:

vamp

Sometimes the experts know what they're doing and sometimes they don't. Gaga doesn't know when to let the experts do their jobs. She did ok with BTW by not involving the experts that much but Artpop would have been handled much better had she not have had as much creative control. The idea was good but the execution was bad and she needed a lot of help. Joanne was a much better album but she could have released that anytime. Wish she could have had a better executive album while she was still the main pop girl.

Cryptique

Certain fanbase are really getting brave with label puppet and no creative control claims :deadbanana4:

Yanko

The Op makes no sense and has no idea what he's talking about

Gaga wrote majority of ASIB soundtrack

she was in full control during TF/M era

you should focus on your faves-christina aguilera and kelly clarckson. What are they doing these days btw? 

Yanko
3 minutes ago, Cryptique said:

Certain fanbase are really getting brave with label puppet and no creative control claims :deadbanana4:

0 self awareness :deadbanana4: 

love100

Her ideas are amazing but people around her are untalented.. So sometimes the execution is terrible... Also her manager sucks because he doesn t tell her when she must stop

Mariano

Gaga has always had more creative control than ALL of your favs. ALL of them. So "less control" means nothing, considering:

1. She still decides what she wants to put out

2. She still writes her music

3. "less control" in gaga's case is still more control than your favs. 

At least you admitted that Gaga is SLAYING. Good for you :clap3: 

Mariano
18 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

That's an interesting concept. ARTPOP definitely backs it up. :siptea:

ahhcuvdsfabgwgwf you really THOUGHT.

The reason ARTPOP happened is Troy Carter trying to control Gaga and telling her to make radio friendly music and to dress pretty and she was doing the OPPOSITE on purpose. 

This is a well documented FACT.

You really thought tho, you did :lmao: 

Leon
13 hours ago, MrBeyonceFan said:

Seems like it.

Look at the Fame and the MASSIVE drop from her last two albums. It's quite telling!

I guess your fav needs control since her massive drop in sales after IMSF :ahh:

TKO

She defintely needs Superbowl, a Bradley Cooper movie or something to make her songs streaming numbers look decent. 

MrLovett
5 minutes ago, Mariano said:

ahhcuvdsfabgwgwf you really THOUGHT.

The reason ARTPOP happened is Troy Carter trying to control Gaga and telling her to make radio friendly music and to dress pretty and she was doing the OPPOSITE on purpose. 

This is a well documented FACT.

You really thought tho, you did :lmao: 

Didn't mean to get you worked up, just voiced my opinion. I still think the OP raised an interesting point. :michael:

Dr.Cake
1 minute ago, TKO said:

She defintely needs Superbowl, a Bradley Cooper movie or something to make her songs streaming numbers look decent. 

MR’s streams did not benefit from the SB at all. It only got a slow 2 days spike on Spotify US after the SB. The only reason why it became a 300 million streaming hit song and is on track to outstream your fave’s last Spotify exclusively promoted lead single is because it’s remembered and has AMAZING recurrent streams for years now (12 million monthly streams). 

A Bradley Cooper movie? Since when is Bradley Cooper a massive movie hitmaker if this is his directorial debut? The movie became a hit mostly cause the success and massive reception of its soundtrack, not the other way around.

Your post is off topic, completely embarrasing and out of touch with reality, Katy Kat. But it’s completely understandable you would try to push such a biased and try hard narrative, considering Gaga’s been stomping her heels on your fave’s musty career for years now. 

Try harder next time and please stay on topic.

TKO
19 minutes ago, Dr.Cake said:

MR’s streams did not benefit from the SB at all. It only got a slow 2 days spike on Spotify US after the SB. The only reason why it became a 300 million streaming hit song and is on track to outstream your fave’s last Spotify exclusively promoted lead single is because it’s remembered and has AMAZING recurrent streams for years now (12 million monthly streams). 

A Bradley Cooper movie? Since when is Bradley Cooper a massive movie hitmaker if this is his directorial debut? The movie became a hit mostly cause the success and massive reception of its soundtrack, not the other way around.

Your post is off topic, completely embarrasing and out of touch with reality, Katy Kat. But it’s completely understandable you would try to push such a biased and try hard narrative, considering Gaga’s been stomping her heels on your fave’s musty career for years now. 

Try harder next time and please stay on topic.

I said what i said Little Monster, just check your fave Spotify numbers. She struggled to cross the 200m mark with a single before she got the marketing machine behind ASIB. Now she finally gets some decent numbers after Oscar and insane promo and you all get brave. Let's see what happens when she makes a traditional release... like Perfect Illusion... or MIlion Reasons pre-Superbowl. :rip: 

Mariano
54 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

Didn't mean to get you worked up, just voiced my opinion. I still think the OP raised an interesting point. :michael:

oh c'mon :lmao:  Gaga didn't have more creative freedom during ARTPOP than she did with ASIB (soundtrack), BTW and TFM, so let's not. 

Dr.Cake
7 minutes ago, TKO said:

I said what i said Little Monster, just check your fave Spotify numbers. She struggled to cross the 200m mark with a single before she got the marketing machine behind ASIB. Now she finally gets some decent numbers after Oscar and insane promo and you all get brave. Let's see what happens when she makes a traditional release... like Perfect Illusion... or MIlion Reasons pre-Superbowl. :rip: 

MR would have reached the 300M mark with or without the ASIB exposure. It’s been constant in getting millions of streams for almost three years now and it doesn’t show any signs of slowing down.

How did she exactly “struggle” to reach 200 million if BR and PF are nearing 300 million streams and she has three other catalog songs past 200 million already? 

“Decent numbers”. I have to laugh. Shallow is currently approaching 500 million streams, currently gaining over 3,5 million daily streams (TOP 5 on SPOTIFY WW). This song is going to reach 900M - 1B streams in no time. If this is something you’d call decent, then what do you call your fave’s latest single barely scrapping 300 million Sportify streams after the exclusive release and playlist exposure after two long years? 

As far as ASIB goes, it’s nearing 1,3 billion streams and still gaining almost 9 million daily increases. That everything but “decent”.

Also, may I ask where is the “insane” promo you’re talking about besides the two televised performances the song has gotten? It wasn’t even played on radio since recently, nor did it get more Spotify exposure than the usual hit releases these days.

Perfect Illusion was an exception to Gaga’s usual releases. It was far from anything trendy, loud and raw. It hasn’t gotten any tv promo, radio or playlist exposure and the lack of its accomplishments don’t dimish the fact that the Joanne era was a hit.

I know it’s hard for you and other stans to cope with the fact that the only aspect you could drag her for used to be her weak streams and that’s not the case anymore, no matter the way you try to spin it.

She’s now stomping on every platform and aspect and you’re left with nothing but your stale hate and receipts. It’s 2019, Katy Kat, a year in which the mighty have fallen and are currently scrapping the bottom of the Hot 100 and dropping off the chart shortly after, while the once called “streaming poisions” are prevailing in aspects no hater or fan would have ever though of.

It’s time to finally take the L and leave. 

TKO
9 minutes ago, Dr.Cake said:

MR would have reached the 300M mark with or without the ASIB exposure. It’s been constant in getting millions of streams for almost three years now and it doesn’t show any signs of slowing down.

How did she exactly “struggle” to reach 200 million if BR and PF are nearing 300 million streams and she has three other catalog songs past 200 million already? 

“Decent numbers”. I have to laugh. Shallow is currently approaching 500 million streams, currently gaining over 3,5 million daily streams (TOP 5 on SPOTIFY WW). This song is going to reach 900M - 1B streams in no time. If this is something you’d call decent, then what do you call your fave’s latest single barely scrapping 300 million Sportify streams after the exclusive release and playlist exposure after two long years? 

As far as ASIB goes, it’s nearing 1,3 billion streams and still gaining almost 9 million daily increases. That everything but “decent”.

Also, may I ask where is the “insane” promo you’re talking about besides the two televised performances the song has gotten? It wasn’t even played on radio since recently, nor did it get more Spotify exposure than the usual hit releases these days.

Perfect Illusion was an exception to Gaga’s usual releases. It was far from anything trendy, loud and raw. It hasn’t gotten any tv promo, radio or playlist exposure and the lack of its accomplishments don’t dimish the fact that the Joanne era was a hit.

I know it’s hard for you and other stans to cope with the fact that the only aspect you could drag her for used to be her weak streams and that’s not the case anymore, no matter the way you try to spin it.

She’s now stomping on every platform and aspect and you’re left with nothing but your stale hate and receipts. It’s 2019, Katy Kat, a year in which the mighty have fallen and are currently scrapping the bottom of the Hot 100 and dropping off the chart shortly after, while the once called “streaming poisions” are prevailing in aspects no hater or fan would have ever though of.

It’s time to finally take the L and leave. 

you are funny gaga stan