Condolences to our New Zealand & Muslim members affected by the Christchurch mosque shootings Read more... ×

One Day At A Time cancelled at Netflix

43 posts in this topic

Leptine
7 minutes ago, getback said:

a show with 3 seasons and I've never heard of it :rip: 

Which was basically the problem, the show was great and critically acclaimed, but Netflix never cared to promote it for real...

8 minutes ago, Maddox said:

**** Netflix

A mess.

Maddox
1 minute ago, Leptine said:

A mess.

I should've taken the hint since it's owned by Sony + they're now more focused on their "originals"... 

jxbuggie

I watched season 1 but could not get into it. Something about laugh tracks also the sense of humor, anyways I guess it was more of the sitcom type.

its_britney_bitch

I don't watch it but it's CONSTANTLY trending on Twitter and everybody is so mad about this... I know that's not always the best measure of popularity but surely that's good for something? :rip:

Maddox
11 minutes ago, Staryu said:

"In the end simply not enough people watched to justify another season" 

How sad :rip: 

Which is such a vague statement since we will never know how many viewers they needed because they only announce their own ratings at their own pace...

10 minutes ago, doonerr said:

Why isn't network tv doing this type of multi-cam sitcoms? This would fit perfectly with Mom on CBS

Idk if the CBS audience would watch it tbh

1 minute ago, Venom said:

WHAT THE ****! 

NO!

Is there anyway Netflix can sell it over to Hulu or something???

Sony is trying to ship it around other places

Leptine
18 minutes ago, Maddox said:

I should've taken the hint since it's owned by Sony + they're now more focused on their "originals"... 

I have an idea where the money went :mandown:

princeaiden

Just because it’s a show about minorities doesn’t mean it’s good, I watched this and it was awful :omg:

they DID market the latest season, I saw ads everywhere :sadviolin:

KylieistBoi

It is an amazing show and I hope someone saves it. I blame Alfonso Cuaron and his vanity project for this outcome :rip: It was easily the best comedy Netflix ever produced so I am fuming. 

Mr.Fenty
29 minutes ago, KylieistBoi said:

It is an amazing show and I hope someone saves it. I blame Alfonso Cuaron and his vanity project for this outcome :rip: It was easily the best comedy Netflix ever produced so I am fuming. 

Netflix didn't produce it tho :skull:

and that's the actual reason why they cancelled it. they are cancelling shows by side studios so Netflix can focus on their own projects