Jump to content

ATRL March Madness 2019 | WINNER!

747 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Tom Vercetti
Just now, minho said:

i'll just be upset when view doesnt win!

 

 

Wishful thinking on them getting past the first round here. I'll root for a 7th sense entry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
minho
Just now, Tom Vercetti said:

Wishful thinking on them getting past the first round here. I'll root for a 7th sense entry. 

neither of our picks even making the ballot, lbr

 

boybands is an okay idea but i think they don't quite have the same draw (or variety?) as girl groups. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tom Vercetti
3 minutes ago, minho said:

neither of our picks even making the ballot, lbr

 

boybands is an okay idea but i think they don't quite have the same draw (or variety?) as girl groups. 

yeah i don't think a boyband rate would work well since male-centric rates do not attract much attention. I'd rather it be more diverse like the UK artist one last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
supaspaz
21 minutes ago, Tom Vercetti said:

An easy win for I Want It That Way. 

This is why I need other ideas. ATRL doesn't care about men anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
volition

amazing winner, one of the best song of all time, glad it pulled through

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
andresg770

Superb and fun game as always!  Plus, talk about a DESERVING winner  :clap3:

 

Looking forward to next year!  I was gonna suggest a "best of the best" tournament for the 10th anniversary, but then I remembered that not all tournaments were for songs/music videos...  :michael:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Frozen99

so happy such a classic pulled through, great finale and a great winner

can't wait for next year :heart2:

 

4 hours ago, supaspaz said:

This is why I need other ideas. ATRL doesn't care about men anyway.

more britney more votes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KatyCatPH
7 hours ago, minho said:

i'll just be upset when view doesnt win!

 

 

I am with you on that sis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KatyCatPH
9 hours ago, supaspaz said:

Now I need to start thinking about what next year's theme is going to be. It needs to be something special for the 10th anniversary!

Then use the closing decade then. The most acclaimed albums/singles as per Metacritic/RS/P4K or any other reliable and credible sources

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Green

Legendary and perfect winner  :clap3:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
supaspaz
2 hours ago, KatyCatPH said:

Then use the closing decade then. The most acclaimed albums/singles as per Metacritic/RS/P4K or any other reliable and credible sources

That's actually a really interesting idea!

 

@minho also suggested a cool concept of "teen dreams," for songs released by teenagers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scarface

Wow I'm glad Be My Baby won :eek: The song that shaped pop music deserved this win :clap3:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scarface
10 hours ago, supaspaz said:

This is why I need other ideas. ATRL doesn't care about men anyway.

Do albums? Like best female albums of this millennium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
andresg770

What about Best New Artist winners/nominees (at either the Grammys, VMAs, etc.)?  Or maybe do what the Oscars won't do for us gheys and do a choreography rate  :alexz:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
supaspaz
47 minutes ago, andresg770 said:

What about Best New Artist winners/nominees (at either the Grammys, VMAs, etc.)?  Or maybe do what the Oscars won't do for us gheys and do a choreography rate  :alexz:

The best choreo breakdown from a music video?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
andresg770
17 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

The best choreo breakdown from a music video?

Sure! Or if that sounds like too much research to do (I wouldn't blame you), you could use the VMA Choreo nominees/winners  :cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
minho

you'd be closing out the '10s decade spotlighting teens!

 

i was thinking any single that was released when the artist was 19 or younger (just so we could include Control)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jqnetto

glad we concluded 3 piece groups are objectively superior. :heart2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
supaspaz
1 hour ago, jqnetto said:

glad we concluded 3 piece groups are objectively superior. :heart2:

It's just easier, isn't it? Though five members can be fun when there's one for everyone to identify with. Clearly, quartets can just fuck off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
andresg770
2 hours ago, supaspaz said:

It's just easier, isn't it? Though five members can be fun when there's one for everyone to identify with. Clearly, quartets can just **** off.

Um, what's this sacrilege??  :biblio:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
supaspaz
2 hours ago, andresg770 said:

Um, what's this sacrilege??  :biblio:

 

 

It was a joke! Without quartets, we wouldn't have "Pure Shores" or "Say My Name" or "He's the Greatest Dancer" or...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites