Condolences to our New Zealand & Muslim members affected by the Christchurch mosque shootings Read more... ×

Videogames everyone loved but you didn't

78 posts in this topic

MirrorcleMonster

So, I've realized that everyone seems to rank Persona 5 as their #1 in the series, which is surprising to me since i found it pretty disappointing.

The design choice was amazing, personally not my style 100% but it all looked really great. The dungeons were really well designed too, although I had no trouble with previous entries' dungeons and I found the stealth mecanic quite annoying. The music was also generally good. But the plot... It's not that it is bad, but I feel like it takes itself too seriously and it's too dense, there's no time to breathe. Persona 3 and 4 dealt with serious topics like murder, bullying, suicide, drugs etc but there were always moments where the plot focused on the characters involved and their relationship with one another. In Persona 5 it rarely happens, and when it does it doesnt feel like it's enough.

Also, I found the plot pretty predictable, and you could see Goro's reveal coming basically since the first scene he appears in. Probably the biggest disappointments were the rehashed characters: Ryuji is Junpei from P3 mixed with Yousuke from P4, Ann is Yukari from P3 mixed with Rise from P4, Morgana is a more annoying version of Teddie from P4 (they literally copied the whole "what am I?" "am I a human?" plot), Makoto is a dumber Mitsuru from P3 (couldn't they come up with something other than the Student Council president thing?), Haru is literally the blandest, most uninteresting and useless to the plot character they've ever done. Then Futaba and Yusuke are at least characters we have't had in previous games, a bit anime troop-ey but i liked both. 

But my biggest problem were the social links, called "confidants". it was my favourite aspect in previous games, and here they were really boring. Most of the themes treated were already done in previous game, they felt so uninspired

Also, it's become a meme now, but the way Morgana restricts you from doing this and that all the damn time is SO annoying 

I know for a lot of people Persona 5 was their first Persona game, so I understand that they felt impressed by everything, but as a long time fan I felt like I was playing a beautiful rehash of the previous games

---

Are there any games that you find are overrated? 

rihannabiggestfan

Dragon Age: Origins has up to a 91 on Metacritic, and I'm like wtf how! It was terrible imo

Dante

Pokemon.

Loved watching the series and collecting those cards but those games never interested me.

PromptingSilver
Just now, Dante said:

Pokemon.

Loved watching the series and collecting those cards but those games never interested me.

:dancehall: using Pikachu for 20 years alone doesn't tire me

rihannabiggestfan

How could I forget Pokemon and Skyrim (Oblivion is a million times better)

Erreur2 La Nature

There's no games that I played but really hated or at least I don't remember it.

Recently, the game that disappointed me the most is Smash Ultimate, for the online, the lack of mini games and a real adventure mode. Still a v good game though.

WestCoast

Zelda :rip: I tried to force myself to like because everyone loves Zelda, it but I honestly find the puzzles tedious and boring to get through. 

UnusualBoy

Mario Car and the Zelda, GTA and the FIFA games. I am more into adventure or horror games. Pokemon being the exception.

Ohno

GTA 5 :rip: such a downgrade from the fourth one imo I didn't even finish 50% of the story (online mode is poppin tho)

MirrorcleMonster

I tried Animal Crossing once and I still can't understand how someone can find that interesting or remotely fun

Brando

Need for Speed and similar racing games 

Gourgeist

Anything developed by Naughty Dog

Imagen relacionada

AlphaOmega

The ****ing Last of Us. I actually hate that damn game and mad I spent money on it. 

PrinceJawbreaker

The Last of Us

Speezy

Skyrim,Halo, Madden NFL, Sonic ,Fallout

MirrorcleMonster
4 minutes ago, Gourgeist said:

Anything developed by Naughty Dog

Imagen relacionada

1 minute ago, AlphaOmega said:

The ****ing Last of Us. I actually hate that damn game and mad I spent money on it. 

1 minute ago, PrinceJawbreaker said:

The Last of Us

this is surprising :omg: what didnt you like about it?

TaggedGalaxy

Breath of the Wild. The girls of ATRL love to hype it up as some kind of masterpiece but the game is straight up garbaj, it’s boring and even though it has a large world most of it is just big open fields with little to do. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is everything BOTW wishes it could be, that game is packed with some much content. 

feelslikeadream

Banjo Kazooie. I love collecting/3D platforming games, but the TERRIBLE controls for swimming and flying sections made the game pretty much unplayable to me.

SpaceMan

The like of Nintendo in-house games

Super Smash Bro, Mario Odyssey, Zelda are all horrible :biblio:, I only like original Mario and Mario Kart

AlphaOmega
2 minutes ago, MirrorcleMonster said:

this is surprising :omg: what didnt you like about it?

I hate the stages, weapons, and clickers - which is basically the entire thing. The entire game feels like a grind and it has those HORRIBLE Naughty Dog controls and takedowns that were implemented into Uncharted (first game). 

HabbGaga
8 minutes ago, PrinceJawbreaker said:

The Last of Us

8 minutes ago, AlphaOmega said:

What about it? 

Subomie
Posted (edited)

Crash Bandicoot. I don't like the PS1 trilogy at all, platformers in general from that time are some of my least favorites.

Okami too, but I'm willing to put some of that down to not vibing well with the Wii motion controls. I bought it on PS4 now and gonna try it again sometime.

Pop

Fortnite and all MOBAs

too fast and annoying