67 posts in this topic

2NE1Kmagic
Posted (edited)

Gorgeous

Kedzie53

She is so beautiful :jonny5:

Loved this performance. I wish those notes at the end were a part of the studio version 

DemiLovato

She killed that :jonny:she obvs hasn't got the "pipes" but it seems she's had a new vocal coach and is sounding great :alexz:she knows how to work the stage

BreatheMoi

Ok definitely one of better performances because she gave a little bit of everything here :jonny5: the voice is coming, she gets scared hitting high notes and you can tell tho :rip: 

Love Drought

Not available in my flop country :weeps:

PrettyHurts

:jonny:WOOOOOOOOOO she is sickening and that was great 

Now who do we have to get her a voice

normanikordeix

I'm in love with everything about this

RudeBoyy

Very reminiscent of Tinashe to me.

EthaneFenty

I really thought her vocals where better:ace: but anyways amazing performance otherwise. She has nothing but time to improve that tho

Amenemhat

future wife did that

this was boring, and the styling sucked. I don't understand, if you're gonna use prerecords why dodge the high notes? the adlibs were awkward and left a lot to be desired. overall not impressed, the live rendition needs a total remaster, it sounds so flat and weak. 

xH4RMONYx
Just now, RudeBoyy said:

Except she’s been charting for a year and touring on the biggest tour of the country! Don’t compare where there’s no comparison just cuz she’s a dancer! PERIOD

2NE1Kmagic
2 minutes ago, Amenemhat said:

don't understand, if you're gonna use prerecords why dodge the high notes? the adlibs were awkward and left a lot to be desired. overall not impressed, the live rendition needs a total remaster, it sounds so flat and weak. 

While I agree that her voice lacks power live, the instrumentation is anything but weak. I do also agree that the adlibs could've been arranged better, hopefully she plays around with it more and finds something that works during the tour

For only the 2nd performance of the song (1st televised), I found it to be very solid :michael:

Miss Korea

She really isn't a singer :psyduck: But it was cute

Miss Korea
8 minutes ago, RudeBoyy said:

That's an insult to Tinashe, who has been writing, producing, singing live properly etc for her entire career.

Bussea
8 minutes ago, xH4RMONYx said:

Except she’s been charting for a year and touring on the biggest tour of the country! Don’t compare where there’s no comparison just cuz she’s a dancer! PERIOD

Calm down :rip:

Thinking Of You

It was good, but if Chloe from Chloe x Halle ever goes solo and goes for a commercial sound, Normani will be totally overshadowded. I mean 1:12 and on from this performance is Bey-level (Chloe is the one in the long dress)

trainsskyscrapers

I'm happy for Normani. :clap3:

VMA stage next. 

trainsskyscrapers
3 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

It was good, but if Chloe from Chloe x Halle ever goes solo and goes for a commercial sound, Normani will be totally overshadowded. I mean 1:12 and on from this performance is Bey-level (Chloe is the one in the long dress)

Nope... we're not doing that.

If Chloe went solo she would be too vocally close tone-wise to B. Halle's light, jazzy voice evens her out.

RudeBoyy
11 minutes ago, xH4RMONYx said:

If you're saying that Normani is primarily a dancer, I definitely agree. 

12 minutes ago, Amenemhat said:

future wife did that

this was boring, and the styling sucked. I don't understand, if you're gonna use prerecords why dodge the high notes? the adlibs were awkward and left a lot to be desired. overall not impressed, the live rendition needs a total remaster, it sounds so flat and weak. 

I've heard the song, and lbr that high note was a scream with some audio effects and lots of reverb. Maybe she pre-recorded on a separate day, and could not hit it again? 

4 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

That's an insult to Tinashe, who has been writing, producing, singing live properly etc for her entire career.

I like Tinashe, but she does use pre-recorded vocals pretty frequently. I think she is a better singer than Normani, but the over the top additions to the production, the huge focus on choreo, the nasal pre-recorded vocals... I first thought of her.