Condolences to our New Zealand & Muslim members affected by the Christchurch mosque shootings Read more... ×

Student suspended for posting bible verses for LGBT flags

55 posts in this topic

Messiah St. West
Posted (edited)

A high school student in Ohio is speaking out after she was suspended for posting Bible verses in her school in response to LGBT pride flags displayed in hallways.

Gabby Helsinger, a Lebanon High School student, posted a video on Facebook Friday claiming she is being punished for “targeting” the school’s Gay-Straight Alliance (GSA) club.

On Thursday when I got to school, I see that there were pride flags, posters around my school,” Gabby said in the video. “And I felt the need to write down some Bible verses so I could put them around my school. And I wrote them down and I put them around the lockers, the walls.”

Helsinger said she was coming back from lunch when she saw teachers taking the Bible verses down.

“The next day, I got called to the office and there is a letter that says that I have an ISS, which is an in-school suspension, and the reason why I have it is because ‘abuse of others, disrespect, rudeness’ because I put Bible verses up ‘targeting the GSA organization,’” she explained in the video. “I did not know what the GSA organization was or meant.”

Helsinger says she was not targeting any organization by posting verses from the Bible around the school.

Seeing that there [were] people in my school that needed help … ,” said Helsinger. “They don’t need to be living in the confusion of wondering if they should be gay, bi, lesbian, trans — anything like that. And I know that God is the only way that they can be healed by that, and that’s why I did it…

In the Facebook video, Helsinger said when the principal asked her why she posted the Bible verses, she said she did it because she wanted “to spread the word of God.” Helsinger said the principal asked her if she had permission and she answered that she did not because she didn’t know she had to ask for permission given people often post notes on students’ lockers.

In a Facebook post, Helsinger’s mother said she believes her daughter is being unfairly punished for sharing her beliefs.

Lebanon schools celebrates evil and punishes righteousness!!” she posted, adding that she appealed the punishment.  “Posting a Bible verse is not abuse of others, disrespect/insolence/rudeness and in no way was it targeting GSA.”

https://www.foxnews.com/faith-values/ohio-student-suspended-after-posting-bible-verses-around-school-i-wanted-to-spread-the-word-of-god

UnusualBoy

Her homophobic ass deserve it :clap3: 

Little Joannester

I hate it when people play dumb.

Bye Gabby, maybe you can ponder about your own lesbianess during in-school suspension. The self-hatred has to originate somewhere.

PrinceJawbreaker

it’s what she deserves. Electric treadmill! :clap3:

PrinceJawbreaker

hector.adriel

Convenient how she claims it was not targeted against LGBT groups yet she is not saying WHICH Bible verses she put on those lockers. Lol, bitch please. She knew what she was doing. 

Glad she was punished. She had no right.

JoshBTW

Miss piggy should learn the past tense correctly. Maybe she should be reading other books besides the Bible.

Lucas32
6 minutes ago, hector.adriel said:

Convenient how she claims it was not targeted against LGBT groups yet she is not saying WHICH Bible verses she put on those lockers. Lol, bitch please. She knew what she was doing. 

You just know she came in there with her mixed-fabric clothing after having stuffed her face with pork, thinking she was slik hanging up Leviticus 20:13 :dies:  

OT:  Deserved!

JoshBTW
10 minutes ago, Lucas32 said:

You just know she came in there with her mixed-fabric clothing after *having stuffed her face with pork*, thinking she was slik hanging up Leviticus 20:13 :dies:  

OT:  Deserved!

Is cannibalism also prohibited by the Bible?

LordMombi
Posted (edited)

Why love God when he made u Ugly & fat?!????  :psyduck::psyduck:

Digital

Someone tell her gluttony is a sin.

TtaraHae
8 minutes ago, LordMombi said:

:deadbanana:

jagger88788

Oh shut up pig. Join a sport and buy some proactiv and you might have a man in your life besides jesus 

James_Dean

Stupid bitch :coffee2:

C.Damen
15 minutes ago, LordMombi said:

10 minutes ago, Digital said:

1 minute ago, jagger88788 said:

Oh shut up pig. Join a sport and buy some proactiv and you might have a man in your life besides jesus 

Oh my goodness.

:deadbanana:

americanlife

She was wrong but y'all are just as bad being mean to her and calling her fat.

LordMombi
4 minutes ago, americanlife said:

She was wrong but y'all are just as bad being mean to her and calling her fat.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

But neither does a right then a left.

PFRR
Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, PrinceJawbreaker said:

:ahh:

46 minutes ago, hector.adriel said:

MTE. Like... She's literally contradicting herself in the entire video saying she was not 'targeting' anyone yet her excuse for doing all of this is due to the LGBT posters...

JonginBey

She must’ve posted Resentment lyrics instead of Suga Mama. As much as I love the former, everyone knows that’s generally the least fave from B’Day. She was bound to offend someone.

tumblr_inline_ntyufgzg4o1t2ul8e_500.gif

ColaFlavoredBussy

But why were there LGBT flags in schools? What have they do with education? They educated acceptance? :katie:

Troye
27 minutes ago, LordMombi said:

22 minutes ago, Digital said:

13 minutes ago, jagger88788 said:

I-, we-, :hoetenks:

Slamless

Good bye Gabrielle!