Condolences to our New Zealand & Muslim members affected by the Christchurch mosque shootings Read more... ×

136 posts in this topic

monstereo

Oprah cancelled him, radios are refusing to play him, artists are removing their features with him, etc etc

Has he been added to the Harvey Weinsteins/Kevin Spaceys/etc list of cancelled public figures?

Has his legacy been ruined? Can he come back stronger than ever?. :celestial5:

Shelter
1 minute ago, Serpentine said:

Are you blind or can't you see that "STOP with the MJ Threads" message at the top of the forum?

It says baiting threads 

monstereo
1 minute ago, Serpentine said:

Are you blind or can't you see that "STOP with the MJ Threads" message at the top of the forum?

this isn't a for/against thread.

We are here to discuss MJ's legacy.

FloridaKilos

No. The allegations are dated, inconsistent, and false. Wade’s lies have been proven. The fact that he started a donation organization titled “The Robson Family Fund”, then changed it to something about sexual abuse victims. :rip: Shameless leech.

Oprah is also a shameless leech. The only reason she did that After Special was to rake in ratings and profit. Oprah is tedeering on the brink of people not giving an actual **** what she has to say anymore. So, her co-signing this mess propels her celebrity just a little bit longer until that happens. Wade, James and Oprah, as well as the director of the documentary all deserve to be in prison for life.

frenchyisback

I am disgusted by the ANTI MJ bias on this board.

ANTI MJ post keeps popping like mushrooms undisturbed but try to make a thread defending him and you're thrown out.

Black men are never innocent even after acquittal so I ain't tripping anyway.

Black = GUILTY 4 LIFE.

The only acquittal people seem to always be soooo hot and bothered Black men's acquittals....  all the while Polanski is still treated like royalty and winning awards left & right...

Also, whatever happened to the report button?

Koons

It's difficult to say. 

Lots of people are saying this is a minor blip (including the celebrities that knew him that are coming to his defence) and will be forgotten eventually. That does happen a lot and we do forgive/forget very easily.

However on the other hand, we're in a stage of huge cancel culture, whereas the second someone does the tiniest thing wrong they can never live it down. And this is probably the biggest example of a huge sick revelation coming out since the Weinstein thing. So it feels difficult to imagine people ever moving past it.

But yeah, people usually do move on eventually, and MJ's huge, so I think he might be okay.

I'm interested to see what happens though. I wish there were some way for the 100% undeniable truth to come out, not just accusations throwing backwards and forwards, so we could all see for the last time what actually happened, and whether people should be 'canceled' or not.

discreetinside

What? He's been six feet under for 10 years counting now so NO there's no comeback for sure. Also his legacy was too big to be over with all these pedophile sh!t been circulated since the 90s.

IsidoraMarí

Oprah's own mother doesn't trust anything she says.

Radio didn't play him before he was white and he still conquered

Drake been a weak jew.

Weinstein and Spacey were actually guilty.

His legacy will never be ruined as long as African Americans exist.