Spotify Ad: Telling Apple to Play Fair

120 posts in this topic

Okay the one argument on how Apple doesn't allow them to share their "deals" with the consumers such as .99 cent for 3 months premium...like Spotify sis...

How do the artists get paid if you're throwing out the premium service...the one that is actually supposed to make money...for dirt cheap??? Apple isn't doing anything wrong imo. It's their ecosystem, people pay into it, for it, and get the most out of it if they remain loyal to that brand because everything syncs up and simply works. Of course they aren't going to hand their competitors a pass... 

1) it's a business

2) from the stance they have taken on streaming, screwing over services that don't support artists the same way they do will never get in good graces wit them

okay i wonder if y'all are still going to support apple once they start pulling the same with their appleflix streaming service :biblio:

They're just ****ting on Apple because Spotify is SUEING SONGWRITERS who they already pay dust and Apple is just agreeing to pay songwriters a more fair price.

I don’t trust Spotify with the total BS they’re pulling on songwriters/publishers. Running an ad telling Apple to play fairly in light of that is gross and totally hypocritical. 

Meanwhile, Spotify has made a deal with Samsung to bundle Spotify with Samsung phones. :michael:

12 hours ago, slobro said:

Not people actually supporting anti-competitive monopolies for the sake of some stan war :skull:

If AM is that good they can succeed without putting unfair 'rules' on the competition and blocking their apps

MTE, Apple’s stubbornness seems to me as though they aren’t confident Apple Music could naturally beat out Spotify – which makes sense considering Spotify has almost 2x as many paid customers – and so are implementing shady restrictions to create a disadvantage, privately enough to be unbeknown to the consumer (until this exposé). :coffee2:

I’m interested to see how these anti-competitive business practices play out when Apple introduces their new streaming service to rival Netflix. I wouldn’t be surprised if they began imposing limitations to Apple TV, possibly replacing Netflix with their new service altogether. 

Sometimes I wonder why Apple doesn’t just use their hardware / software / customer reach to support these companies that have already perfected their services instead of trying to top these industries themselves, and then I remember they love money and will get far more from their own products than taking a cut for hosting a rival’s product.

Posted (edited)

It’s not exactly unknown. It’s been in place since 2011 and has been discussed in the past. Apple not playing nice with third party services has always been a discussion. That being said, Apple users are free to use other products instead and is why many people have switched. 

Frankly, it’s Spotify who have basically set the market price for paid subscription music streaming. At the end of the day, it’s worth more than what they asked people to pay for it and, not saying they should have to deal with the tax, but they need to stop taking not making enough money out on other people instead of changing their model. 

cry me a river Spotify, go make your own phone & servers 

I'm with Spotify. I have both Spotify and AM and only use Spotify. :clap3:

I think AM is kinda trash as a streaming app atm but why should Spotify be exempt from fees that all paid apps have? You are using Apple’s platform so pay your rent. 

1 minute ago, Whiterussianpls said:

I think AM is kinda trash as a streaming app atm but why should Spotify be exempt from fees that all paid apps have? You are using Apple’s platform so pay your rent. 

...and stop whining as a way for marketing.

On 3/13/2019 at 4:46 AM, cloudbusting said:

I was about to say the same thing like, are y'all gonna play fair with the artists who bring people to your platform in the first place too?

Dont forget the retaliated against artists who did temprary exclusives with Apple.

9 hours ago, Whiterussianpls said:

I’m curious as to why people feel it’s a trash app. I know you can’t answer for people in general but why do you feel that way?

Social democrat Swedish app won, greedy American app lost.

6 hours ago, Can't_M!ss_This said:

I’m curious as to why people feel it’s a trash app. I know you can’t answer for people in general but why do you feel that way?

For me personally, the UI design of AM doesn't encourage new music discovery, I prefer having "My Library" in later tabs. Also AM sometimes be tripping and skips several songs. Overall I don't think it is as refined yet as Spotify, quite a few small issues while I was using it, definitely better than Tidal tho...

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 7:44 AM, Reinvention said:

Good on them - I've always found the way Apple copied and then tried to destroy Spotify as disgusting. The facts are we were all being held HOSTAGE to digital music sales from the iTunes store as the only legal way to listen to music for many, many years until Spotify finally offered as a viable streaming platform that gave us an opportunity to FINALLY listen to all the music we want to for a fair, affordable price.

Of course Apple fumed and then made their own inferior device, FINALLY caving in only after immense pressure and seeing profits diminish.

To this day it completely bemuses me why people would want to support Apple Music after being ripped off by the company for years, and to this day they are actively suppressing any competition - and if Spotify were to ever collapse, obviously Apple Music would hike its prices like there's no tomorrow. They clearly want to have the monopoly on digital music and you're fools to let them.

#SupportSpotify

Apple's main business is selling devices. Having easier interface for music on their products is the worm on the hook, but their profits come from selling tech devices. They're not really in the music business like Spotify. 

"Hi I'm Spotify and I want more money. Waaaahh this isn't fair."...that is what I hear.

Apple pays artists more than Spotify - pot calling the kettle black.

Play fair Spotify, can't have what you can't give. :cm:

This is becoming too much

Apple putting limits on Spotify

Netflix not going to be available on Apple

Disney's upcoming streaming service vs Netflix coming soon + APPLE!

Sony not allowing crossplay with Microsoft (allowed for Fortnite)

SONY, DISNEY, APPLE, etc.

tenor.gif?itemid=5559629