Jump to content
Condolences to our New Zealand & Muslim members affected by the Christchurch mosque shootings Read more... ×

Spotify Ad: Telling Apple to Play Fair

120 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

discreetinside

 

I shouldn't be laugh at Spotify but this video was a lowkey kii :bibliahh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ordinarynam

Well, in the end Apple is still paying more money to the artist then Spotify

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oxygen

They better gather Apple :jonny5: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Can't_M!ss_This

Guess they support Elizabeth Warren for president. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MardinBeksloy

Can anyone explain what’s going on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dolce Vita

They dragged a bit:bibliahh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oxygen
3 minutes ago, MardinBeksloy said:

Can anyone explain what’s going on?

If you were to subscribe to Spotify in the app on an iPhone or iPad, Apple takes a 30% cut. They also restrict Spotify's access to Siri and advertising to iPhone users.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Can't_M!ss_This
Just now, MardinBeksloy said:

Can anyone explain what’s going on?

Spotify is mad because  needs to pay to run the servers that host the Spotify app, the bandwidth that delivers the app and other things. Like if you pay for Spotify with your iTunes account, Spotify charges you 12.99 so that they can still make 9.99 to make up for millions of people paying .33 cents per month. Their bad business sense has led to them being angry.  has the most secure app platform in the world. It’s not cheap to run. Every app is inspected to make sure it’s not malware. They also mention Siri not being able to play Spotify songs. 

 

Is it fair? I think it’s business. You know Spotify wouldn’t give Apple an advantage. Because that’s how it works. Adroid is way more of a hit to their bottom line than Apple’s fee. All of those fake Spotify apps that block ads are what they need to be focusing on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pop

Drag them. Apple is definitely setting up a monopoly and should be punished asap. They really are becoming 90s Microsoft. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cain

Screaaaming, the explicity of it all. :deadbanana4:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ziam

Apple is so greedy. I am so glad they are starting to decline for good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Reinvention

Good on them - I've always found the way Apple copied and then tried to destroy Spotify as disgusting. The facts are we were all being held HOSTAGE to digital music sales from the iTunes store as the only legal way to listen to music for many, many years until Spotify finally offered as a viable streaming platform that gave us an opportunity to FINALLY listen to all the music we want to for a fair, affordable price.

 

Of course Apple fumed and then made their own inferior device, FINALLY caving in only after immense pressure and seeing profits diminish.

 

To this day it completely bemuses me why people would want to support Apple Music after being ripped off by the company for years, and to this day they are actively suppressing any competition - and if Spotify were to ever collapse, obviously Apple Music would hike its prices like there's no tomorrow. They clearly want to have the monopoly on digital music and you're fools to let them.

 

#SupportSpotify

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mark Rih

Looks like we AM users truly won

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cloudbusting
19 minutes ago, ordinarynam said:

Well, in the end Apple is still paying more money to the artist then Spotify

I was about to say the same thing like, are y'all gonna play fair with the artists who bring people to your platform in the first place too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Valentine

omg I had no idea. I would love if Siri could control my Spotify

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will

People always acting surprised and victimized by the App Store rules that have been in place from the beginning and apply to everyone lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oxygen
3 minutes ago, Reinvention said:

Good on them - I've always found the way Apple copied and then tried to destroy Spotify as disgusting. The facts are we were all being held HOSTAGE to digital music sales from the iTunes store as the only legal way to listen to music for many, many years until Spotify finally offered as a viable streaming platform that gave us an opportunity to FINALLY listen to all the music we want to for a fair, affordable price.

 

Of course Apple fumed and then made their own inferior device, FINALLY caving in only after immense pressure and seeing profits diminish.

 

To this day it completely bemuses me why people would want to support Apple Music after being ripped off by the company for years, and to this day they are actively suppressing any competition - and if Spotify were to ever collapse, obviously Apple Music would hike its prices like there's no tomorrow. They clearly want to have the monopoly on digital music and you're fools to let them.

 

#SupportSpotify

And they are about to do the same thing to Netflix :doc: 

 

22 minutes ago, ordinarynam said:

Well, in the end Apple is still paying more money to the artist then Spotify

Because they have the profit they make of all their other products to do so. Spotify is yet to make any profit :rip: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ziam
1 minute ago, Will said:

People always acting surprised and victimized by the App Store rules that have been in place from the beginning and apply to everyone lol 

this is not the issue. the issue is apple forbidding spotify to let users know they can get subscription for cheaper if they pay through their website

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TrashyNavy

Spotify won. Apple has always been trash. Yes they are being greedy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Michael196

Spotify can seethe!!:bibliahh:

AM is waaaay superior and are entitled to their own rules! If spotify is that bothered they can remove tge app from the app store and make it unavailable to apple products' users :keir:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
levi_valvi
2 minutes ago, cloudbusting said:

I was about to say the same thing like, are y'all gonna play fair with the artists who bring people to your platform in the first place too?

maybe if  it was a level playing field spotify would be able to pay artists more than they do currently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites