Jump to content
Zero Tolerance for Hate Speech Read more... ×

Apple Special Event | March 25th

133 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Poe Dameron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MonsterVSAnimal

I heard rumors that they’re not presenting any new devices (iPads, new MacBook OR AirPods 2) & not even their new iOS 13 w/ Dark Mode..... PLS ALL BE A LIE! It’ll be super disappointing if this whole event was only for their new “streaming” service or whatever they’re doing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Poe Dameron
1 minute ago, MonsterVSAnimal said:

I heard rumors that they’re not presenting any new devices (iPads, new MacBook OR AirPods 2) & not even their new iOS 13 w/ Dark Mode..... PLS ALL BE A LIE! It’ll be super disappointing if this whole event was only for their new “streaming” service or whatever they’re doing. 

iOS 13 isn’t announced until WWDC which is in June 

 

They can easily launch the new AirPods via a press released 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shinyshimmery
48 minutes ago, MonsterVSAnimal said:

I heard rumors that they’re not presenting any new devices (iPads, new MacBook OR AirPods 2) & not even their new iOS 13 w/ Dark Mode..... PLS ALL BE A LIE! It’ll be super disappointing if this whole event was only for their new “streaming” service or whatever they’re doing. 

iOS is in need of a MAJOR redesign :( I'm so bored of the flat/minimalist design. I'm curious to see what their streaming service has to offer... I feel like Netflix is a juggernaut at that rn... so it'd be interesting to see if Apple will be investing in their own productions... or just being more like a cable service replacement, since DirectvNOW sucks.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gayzayn

FINALLY an official announcement, im perched

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gui Blackout
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MonsterVSAnimal said:

I heard rumors that they’re not presenting any new devices (iPads, new MacBook OR AirPods 2) & not even their new iOS 13 w/ Dark Mode..... PLS ALL BE A LIE! It’ll be super disappointing if this whole event was only for their new “streaming” service or whatever they’re doing. 

It's absolutely for the streaming service

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dillan

If this is just for their stupid streaming service that no one cares about, I'm gonna be fuming

 

At least give us Airpods 2 and an iOS update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
STONE
5 minutes ago, Gui Blackout said:

It's absolutely for the streaming service

Same, it would be interesting. We already have Apple Music, I guess it's video streaming like TV shows and movies? Maybe even Anime? Or even Video-games streaming like Twitch??? Or the next generation game-streaming where they process the game for you and allows low spec devices to play on high spec required games? :duca:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Poe Dameron

It will be their tv/movie service and their new News subscription service which is why they acquired Texture 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nathanspears
34 minutes ago, STONE said:

Same, it would be interesting. We already have Apple Music, I guess it's video streaming like TV shows and movies? Maybe even Anime? Or even Video-games streaming like Twitch??? Or the next generation game-streaming where they process the game for you and allows low spec devices to play on high spec required games? :duca:

That's nothing new tbh, it already existed but then Sony bought the main company doing it and destroyed it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lemonaade

I probably won’t tune in (if it’s being broadcast), but I’ll look up the highlights maybe the next day or something if it’s interesting stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
STONE
12 minutes ago, nathanspears said:

That's nothing new tbh, it already existed but then Sony bought the main company doing it and destroyed it

That's why I am excited for someone else to do it, maybe they can make it work :dancehall: my poor ass cannot effort good spec of computer so i need this technology to popularize and commercialize sooner than later

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nathanspears
2 minutes ago, STONE said:

That's why I am excited for someone else to do it, maybe they can make it work :dancehall: my poor ass cannot effort good spec of computer so i need this technology to popularize and commercialize sooner than later

OnLive worked amazingly but I think the industry got scared, Sony bought it and got the patents and then just shut it down.

 

 

The technology isn't the problem, it's the industry.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
STONE
1 minute ago, nathanspears said:

OnLive worked amazingly but I think the industry got scared, Sony bought it and got the patents and then just shut it down.

 

 

The technology isn't the problem, it's the industry.

 

True. If this thing become big, I can see all these hardware companies FUMING like Nvidia, AMD, and Intel over this. They will probably will do everything they can to stop this  :bibliahh: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KimmyBella

What’s their new streaming service?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desire

I need an Airpods 2 announcement although I know it won't happen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Can't_M!ss_This
18 hours ago, MonsterVSAnimal said:

I heard rumors that they’re not presenting any new devices (iPads, new MacBook OR AirPods 2) & not even their new iOS 13 w/ Dark Mode..... PLS ALL BE A LIE! It’ll be super disappointing if this whole event was only for their new “streaming” service or whatever they’re doing. 

Odd since I’ve read that they’re most likely going to update the iPad Mini and standard iPad. AirPods are also rumored to be coming. And iOS 13 won’t be announced until this summer. 

 

16 hours ago, dillan said:

If this is just for their stupid streaming service that no one cares about, I'm gonna be fuming

 

At least give us Airpods 2 and an iOS update

iOS 12.2 is coming. It’s on its 5th developer beta. 

 

17 hours ago, shinyshimmery said:

iOS is in need of a MAJOR redesign :( I'm so bored of the flat/minimalist design. I'm curious to see what their streaming service has to offer... I feel like Netflix is a juggernaut at that rn... so it'd be interesting to see if Apple will be investing in their own productions... or just being more like a cable service replacement, since DirectvNOW sucks.  

iOS 12 was going to be a major change but they held off to refine things. It’s been 6 versions since the redesign and it was 6 before that so the time is now. Anyway,  will have original programming since that’s the only way to really make money and ensure an audience. They’ve already got a bunch of big names signed on including Oprah, Reese Witherspoon, Jennifer Anniston, Steven Spielberg and some producers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shinyshimmery
11 hours ago, Can't_M!ss_This said:

Odd since I’ve read that they’re most likely going to update the iPad Mini and standard iPad. AirPods are also rumored to be coming. And iOS 13 won’t be announced until this summer. 

 

 iOS 12.2 is coming. It’s on its 5th developer beta. 

 

iOS 12 was going to be a major change but they held off to refine things. It’s been 6 versions since the redesign and it was 6 before that so the time is now. Anyway,  will have original programming since that’s the only way to really make money and ensure an audience. They’ve already got a bunch of big names signed on including Oprah, Reese Witherspoon, Jennifer Anniston, Steven Spielberg and some producers. 

bummer, I kinda hoped it would've been a competitor to services like DirecTV now. For some reason, I don't find the idea of Apple making its own content appealing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Can't_M!ss_This
6 hours ago, shinyshimmery said:

bummer, I kinda hoped it would've been a competitor to services like DirecTV now. For some reason, I don't find the idea of Apple making its own content appealing.

Apple will most likely get streaming rights to content from other people as well. There have been reports that the content is family friends and that Tim Apple put the kibosh on a Dr. Dre show he deemed too violent and sexual. But those are just rumors. I highly doubt a selection of Family Friendly fluff will make it. It’s not going to get my coins and I’m the first to throw money at . 

 

I can also see them changing course if it did start slow. The great thing about business is that morals are only stood by if they’re profitable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Monster Megamind

Those airpods better not be more than 200 dollars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Reinvention

New iPhone no more than $800 USD with game changing features thanks xxxxx.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Poe Dameron
41 minutes ago, Reinvention said:

New iPhone no more than $800 USD with game changing features thanks xxxxx.

That’s in September 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites