Jump to content

Top Female Artists of all time on the HOT 100

38 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Rihanna is going to surpass Janet, Whitney and Mariah VERY SOON.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A nice top 10 :clap3: and lol at some stan bases experiencing a quick little comeback success or drama fueled success trying to come for rihanna :fan:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Legends :clap3:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

legends only, pretty much the biggest female hitmakers of all time:alexz:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Top 5 is just :jonny5:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact Rihanna will climb higher soon :jonny5:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no gaga :weeps: ASIB is shook

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can’t wait for Rih to dethrone Madonna. :clap3: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, grAntVRIL said:

no gaga :weeps: ASIB is shook

She was always more than a pop product. Know that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poor gaga :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FloridaKilos said:

She was always more than a pop product. Know that.

Awww

 

---

Only legends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ONLY LEGENDS. 

 

Sorry if your fav didn't make it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wait... the Madonna fans claimed that Mariah was a one-hit-wonder from the 90s and also unknown in America. 

 

so what's the truth?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, stevyy said:

wait... the Madonna fans claimed that Mariah was a one-hit-wonder from the 90s and also unknown in America. 

 

so what's the truth?

She is not big outside of the US. Not within the US. Only 2 No1s in the UK and generally not much success in Europe, Latin America, Australia etc..

 

No one ever said Mariah was not popular in the US.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mediabase said:

She is not big outside of the US. Not within the US. Only 2 No1s in the UK and generally not much success in Europe, Latin America, Australia etc..

 

No one ever said Mariah was not popular in the US.

Oh you're right. How embarrassing... What even are the lambs thinking. Last year she reveived a plaque which said that she had sold 17 million records in the United Kingdom... and that's her biggest market in Europe... cringe alert. 

 

Her 10 biggest countries:

 

01 - 70,700,000 albums sold - United States

02 - 18,100,000 albums sold - Japan

03 - 7,600,000 albums sold - United Kingdom

04 - 5,150,000 albums sold - Canada

05 - 4,900,000 albums sold - France

06 - 4,300,000 albums sold - Germany

07 - 3,975,000 albums sold - South Korea

08 - 2,950,000 albums sold - Australia

09 - 2,300,000 albums sold - Italy

10 - 2,000,000 albums sold - Brazil

 

As of by continent:

76,750,000 albums sold - North America (US / CA / MX)

30,500,000 albums sold - Asia 

29,850,000 - albums sold - Europe

3,450,000 albums sold - Oceania

3,100,000 albums sold - South America

1,500,000 albums sold - Africa

 

68,400,000 albums sold - world

76,750,000 albums sold - North America

 

I agree... a 90s act...

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rihanna will end up dethroning Madonna!!:jonny5:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, stevyy said:

Oh you're right. How embarrassing... What even are the lambs thinking. Last year she reveived a plaque which said that she had sold 17 million records in the United Kingdom... and that's her biggest market in Europe... cringe alert. 

 

Her 10 biggest countries:

 

01 - 70,700,000 albums sold - United States

02 - 18,100,000 albums sold - Japan

03 - 7,600,000 albums sold - United Kingdom

04 - 5,150,000 albums sold - Canada

05 - 4,900,000 albums sold - France

06 - 4,300,000 albums sold - Germany

07 - 3,975,000 albums sold - South Korea

08 - 2,950,000 albums sold - Australia

09 - 2,300,000 albums sold - Italy

10 - 2,000,000 albums sold - Brazil

 

As of by continent:

76,750,000 albums sold - North America (US / CA / MX)

30,500,000 albums sold - Asia 

29,850,000 - albums sold - Europe

3,450,000 albums sold - Oceania

3,100,000 albums sold - South America

1,500,000 albums sold - Africa

 

68,400,000 albums sold - world

76,750,000 albums sold - North America

 

I agree... a 90s act...

 

 

 

 

No one said she is a 90s act. She just hasn't had much success outside of the US compared to Madonna or Rihanna. Barely any No1s anywhere outside of the US whereas Madonna and Rihanna are the chart Queens.

 

Also, not sure what you're trying to prove with those album sales numbers. They are very inflated based on actual receipts from IFPI and Soundscan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mediabase said:

No one said she is a 90s act. She just hasn't had much success outside of the US compared to Madonna or Rihanna. Barely any No1s anywhere outside of the US whereas Madonna and Rihanna are the chart Queens.

 

Also, not sure what you're trying to prove with those album sales numbers. They are very inflated based on actual receipts from IFPI and Soundscan.

It's chartsmasters, honey. chartsmasters who is actually deflation MC's albums sales. 

 

Your point that Mariah only got a few international #1 singles is correct... However, she has had dozens of top 10 or even top 5 singles. 

 

I mean we are still talking about a woman who has roughly sold 90 million singles according to chartsmasters. So if you think that those stats are easy to get, then what are you calling Céline and Whitney who have sold less singles than Mariah? 

 

Or if we reverse singles / albums stats, digital artists who have sold more singles than Mariah but less albums than Mariah has sold singles? This comparison makes sense bc you are comparing a digital act (Rihanna) with an artist whose career was 15 years old when Itunes went global. 

 

It's fan fiction that Mariah Carey hasn't been a global hit maker. Her biggest singles markets by comparison to market were The UK, The Netherlands and Australia with New Zealand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rihanna needs a few more points in order to surpass Janet, Whitney and Mariah. She might achieve it with her new album.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see nothing but legends.

 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites