ATRL's The X Factor: Season 2 | Round 3 - Bottom 2 (pg.35)

mxtthewdelrey

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mxtthewdelrey

• Fa1x intelectual

• Queen Conchita

• Kylie Jenner

1 hour ago, Sanctified said:

I thought it was, like a double entendre? Both physically and like a grudge. Bonnie McKee loves wordplay like that. The song was also inspired by Katy wearing a tight dress during the Teenage Dream sessions:

Bonnie Mckey is such a queen tbh.. has she made any recent hits for other artists?

36 minutes ago, Bawdee said:

i'm gonna have to pull out from the competition. it was fun being here tho xo

:( this is fastly turning to a the voice sort of elimination format with people leaving :'( nooooo stay ! 

• ATRL Moderator

I'm still sick :dancehall2: I rushed home when I got mxtt's tag though so I could at least turn in something. Here's the best #1 debut of all time, Fantasy: https://instaud.io/3Bsf

2 hours ago, J Legend X said:

Bonnie Mckey is such a queen tbh.. has she made any recent hits for other artists?

She did Dumb Blonde with Avril (and has really loud “backing” vocals on the chorus, basically all of the higher vocals on that song are Bonnie). Other than that she did “Too Soon” with Vanic and Maty Noyes a couple years back which is an absolute bop. Not sure of much else, last I knew she was “working on her own album” but I’ll take that info with a grain of salt knowing Bonnie. :laugh:

15 minutes ago, Sanctified said:

She did Dumb Blonde with Avril (and has really loud “backing” vocals on the chorus, basically all of the higher vocals on that song are Bonnie). Other than that she did “Too Soon” with Vanic and Maty Noyes a couple years back which is an absolute bop. Not sure of much else, last I knew she was “working on her own album” but I’ll take that info with a grain of salt knowing Bonnie. :laugh:

mess.. I hate dumb blonde...smh..hope bonnie releases a killer album and kill ageism !!

8 hours ago, Bawdee said:

Sorry for not being more helpful baby :'( thanks for playing

20 hours ago, J Legend X said:

Here's my submission.. a bit late, but better than never... I've been dysphonic because of a viral infection in the throat plus gastritis... but I'm here !! The show must go on !! hope you all like it...

@Lémur @KillingYourCareer @mxtthewdelrey @Queen Conchita

Hold it Against Me - J Legend X

https://picosong.com/wEjXk/

B**** I LIVE for the passion you put there, especially the last 30 seconds :jonny: 

17 hours ago, Bawdee said:

Are you sure sis? You can have the rest of the weekend if you want. I feel super disheartened by the turnout this round and decided i would rather just give people the time instead of having half of the contestants drop out

5 hours ago, Yomaku said:

B**** I LIVE for the passion you put there, especially the last 30 seconds :jonny: 

Thank you babe.. I actually enjoyed recording this, especially with the FF tour instrumental lol.. tried to cut some pieces to fit the structure I wanted and enjoy the whole process... xoxo

I'm also retiring for now, I realized I just can't can't keep up with the girls

dLgqF6ir.gif

2eaorjm.jpg

ATRL'S X FACTOR

SEASON 2, WEEK THREE

After a week extension ( :jonny:), here is our final line-up of entries for this week. Sadly this means we have had three drop-outs, but on with the show! @Queen Conchita @KillingYourCareer @Lémur if i could get your scores and critiques as soon as u can!

Team @KillingYourCareer

@feelslikeadream

"Fantasy"

(Mariah Carey)

Listen

@URBAN

"I'll Be Missing You"

(Puff Daddy f/ Faith Evans & 112)

Listen

Team @Queen Conchita

@Fa1x intelectual

"My Heart Will Go On"/"Harlem Shake"

(Céline Dion/Baauer)

Listen

@J Legend X

"Hold It Against Me"

(Britney Spears)

Listen

@Yomaku

"Part of Me"

(Katy Perry)

Listen

Team @mxtthewdelrey

@Sanctified

"Not Afraid"

(Eminem)

Listen

@ultraviolence.xx

"7 rings"

(Ariana Grande)

Listen

70 year old Emily

"We R Who We R"

(Kesha)

Listen

Honestly those who quit have no excuse for their laziness. If a 70-year-old pensioner with bad teeth like Emily could find time and strength to record a three-minute cover, then @Overprotected, @Kylie Jenner and @Bawdee could as well. You guys are disgraceful! And Lémur sucks as a mentor.

tumblr_pl8td9UsMQ1uzk1o3o1_400.gif

54 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Honestly those who quit have no excuse for their laziness. If a 70-year-old pensioner with bad teeth like Emily could find time and strength to record a three-minute cover, then @Overprotected, @Kylie Jenner and @Bawdee could as well. You guys are disgraceful! And Lémur sucks as a mentor.

Kill yourself, jk

35 minutes ago, Bawdee said:

I think it's cute that @KillingYourCareer decided to get brave and personally @ us to call us out. However, it's not that I didn't have time to record, I just didn't want to sound like their beloved fav - Fad I mean Katy Perry - anytime she tries to sing a note on a song that isn't acoustic. Or Sia on GMA singing Chandelier, for that matter. Poor Sia, voice of a Goddess croaking through sickness. Yikes. Can't really speak on the other girl like that, though. That's just her voice. 

How does it feel being outsung by a pensioner? Being sick isn't an excuse. You're not Mia!

THCKUwN.gif

Edited by KillingYourCareer

1 hour ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Tea

mHiWOpm.jpg

@feelslikeadream - the cover is in tune but I'd suggest a little more charisma in your voice, it's like you didn't want to wake up your neighbors because you kept your volume really low the entire time!

@URBAN - you submitted an hour after the round was announced, yet your output didn't sound rushed at all. Your voice serves color and seasoning, you've just got a very endearing tone that makes me super happy you're in my team, so once again, great job.

@Fa1x intelectual - once again, you served great entertainment value, even though the spoken first half is a bit too long (and in some parts, it sounded like you were trying to imitate 70-year-old Emily). In Italy our most popular talent show is 'Amici di Maria de Filippi', which for some reason has dancers, singers and stage actors competing against each other - a format I'll never understand, but if you were to move here, you could do BOTH actor and singer!

@J Legend X - this took me back to when I was 14 and I'd sing Hold It Against Me in the shower, trying my best to imitate Britney's vocals. :dies: I feel like you tried to do the same in the verses, and that's why you sound a tad whiny there. The choruses featured far too many vocal virtuosities. I love the drama in your cover, not so much the technical flaws.

@Yomaku - this sounds like one of those acoustic versions Katy does once in a while to show that she can sing in tune. And you did sing well, the only thing I missed here was the anger and the energy that lies in the message of the song. Apart from that you did a good job.

@Sanctified - you rapped well, see that you don't need any heavy auto-tune? My only complaint is that you're supposed not to be afraid to take a stand, but with those quiet vocals you deserved in the chorus, it seems more like you still need a bit more motivation to take said stand. A good job overall.

@ultraviolence.xx - you chose the easiest song to 'sing' in this bunch ('sing' because it's literally talking slowly), the only semi-difficult part would be the rap bridge which you did well. But overall, you did it exactly like Ariana and didn't even try to put a personal element in it at all, which would have been nice considering it's such a flat song to start with.

70-year-old Emily - it's no surprise to me that you served an empowerment anthem, as your mission here at the X Factor is to prove that no matter how many rejects you take, you should always be true to yourself and never give up. Your peculiar vocal style gives the song an extra factor that makes it very entertaining.

2 hours ago, KillingYourCareer said:

once again, you served great entertainment value, even though the spoken first half is a bit too long (and in some parts, it sounded like you were trying to imitate 70-year-old Emily). In Italy our most popular talent show is 'Amici di Maria de Filippi', which for some reason has dancers, singers and stage actors competing against each other - a format I'll never understand, but if you were to move here, you could do BOTH actor and singer!

You're not the first person to tell me this. I've been told I have a artistic bent for acting, screenwriting etc by some people. I like acting, singing, dubbing... I seem to have a myriad of hobbies and interests and I can't seem to choose between them.

As for sounding like 70-year-old Emily... I don't think I will reveal who I was trying to imitate now. Poor thing, you just dragged ha (no hard feelings for 70 year old Emily)

12 minutes ago, Fa1x intelectual said:

You're not the first person to tell me this. I've been told I have a artistic bent for acting, screenwriting etc by some people. I like acting, singing, dubbing... I seem to have a myriad of hobbies and interests and I can't seem to choose between them.

As for sounding like 70-year-old Emily... I don't think I will reveal who I was trying to imitate now. Poor thing, you just dragged ha (no hard feelings for 70 year old Emily)

Whoever you were trying to imitate, if she sounds like 70-year-old Emily, it's a compliment :clap3:

• ATRL Moderator

Thanks for the review, Luigi. Maybe the lack of charisma came from my being sick :emofish: (but maybe I just don't have any). 

I did try to be a little more ~powerful~ and belty in the second verse after what Tymps. said last week. I hope that was an improvement from last time!

14 hours ago, KillingYourCareer said:

@ultraviolence.xx - you chose the easiest song to 'sing' in this bunch ('sing' because it's literally talking slowly), the only semi-difficult part would be the rap bridge which you did well. But overall, you did it exactly like Ariana and didn't even try to put a personal element in it at all, which would have been nice considering it's such a flat song to start with.

well, i'd argue the first part, considering the verses are from a broadway song with lots of interval jumps. but it's tea that i did it basically exactly like ariana – i tried to add some harmonies that weren't in the original version, but that's hardly enough to make it original. :dies: thanks for your feedback :heart2: 

16 hours ago, KillingYourCareer said:

- this took me back to when I was 14 and I'd sing Hold It Against Me in the shower, trying my best to imitate Britney's vocals. :dies: I feel like you tried to do the same in the verses, and that's why you sound a tad whiny there. The choruses featured far too many vocal virtuosities. I love the drama in your cover, not so much the technical flaws.

thanks for the feedback... I had 10 rough days and I explained the reason why I sound "whiny" and honestly I really liked it because those cracks and little sounds are things I'm not able to do when I'm not sick or with dysphonia lol :laugh:... like I really had fun with it..and yes... I was not looking to imitate Britney, that's not the type of singer I am, I think we are expected to be ourselves and not do a karaoke version of the songs, for a reason I stan someone in the sig that oversings a lot :laugh:... 

Y’all are just taking your sweet ass time with this. :skull:

My excitement for this game is declining. 

Sidebar: Thank you @KillingYourCareer for being punctual and for being an awesome mentor.  

THIS is the reason I still in. I mean, who else would record this particular song unironically (aside from the original singer)? Clearly me. I have no shame for liking this

1 hour ago, URBAN said:

Y’all are just taking your sweet ass time with this. :skull:

My excitement for this game is declining. 

Sidebar: Thank you @KillingYourCareer for being punctual and for being an awesome mentor.  

^

Thanks for the review, KYC. You're not really wrong because I recorded chorus vocals first and then went to do the rap parts and wasn't feeling it, I didn't have enough energy. So I found a better location where I could really let go and put the anger into the song it needed. But I should have re-recorded chorus vocals there too with the same energy. :hug:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.