Spoilers | GOT Spoiler Thread | Well it's over.

10,093 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, @michael said:

I’m just so ready for this all to be over so I don’t have to ever think about it again. And my mom was really curious about starting the show but I just want to tell her to not even bother.

I used to tell a few of my friends who haven't seen the show to watch it before S8 airs so they'll catch up just in time but they've been busy and I certainly wont bother them about this anymore :skull:

15 minutes ago, ♚ PRiNCE HiGH ♚ said:

I used to tell a few of my friends who haven't seen the show to watch it before S8 airs so they'll catch up just in time but they've been busy and I certainly wont bother them about this anymore :skull:

I binged the show in order to catch up to the current season and I kind of regret it. Glad i got to watch a few amazing seasons but really hating the pay off of it all. If anyone hasn’t watched there is no need to binge. Slowly enjoy it lol.

The difference in Jon is staggering

I just can't :rip: They whitewashed him of all personality and took away his purpose and left him flailing about calling Daenerys "My queen"... until he stabs her in the guts this sunday :deadbanana4:

2 minutes ago, chris1991 said:

I binged the show in order to catch up to the current season and I kind of regret it. Glad i got to watch a few amazing seasons but really hating the pay off of it all. If anyone hasn’t watched there is no need to binge. Slowly enjoy it lol.

Yeah the final season significantly reduced the replay-ability this series had. I'm glad i did my rewatch before the S8 started so I'll be good for a long time

That new leak getting semi confirmed :skull:, I'm already seeing articles about Bran being evil and having plotted to be king the whole time. This is actually a good read and kinda even explains the whole NK plot and why Bran doesn't tell people things in advance. 

I actually hope this theory is true would help tie up the loose ends and question marks we have. 

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/a27487243/bran-is-evil-game-of-thrones-theory/

If D&D have any creativity they would use something like this to help explain things honestly because right now its all just a mess. 

can we talk About how Jon has never talked About his mother ONCE since he found out, something thats been haunting him all his life

The fact that this petition is going to have half a million signatures by the end of the day :deadbanana4: I do wonder how Dumb & Dumber are feeling about this... I’m sure it’s subverted all of their expectations :cm:

5 minutes ago, getinthezone said:

can we talk About how Jon has never talked About his mother ONCE since he found out, something thats been haunting him all his life

They have neutered him as a character. He doesn't get to reflect on his father being Rhaegar, his mother being Lyanna. On Ned's secret. On Dany being his literal family. His reunion with Bran and Arya is barely there, we dont' even see their reactions. We get nothing from him and Kit gets nothing to work with. He's not Jon Snow anymore and not in the way that Beric wasnt Beric, but in the way that he's not really a character at all. He's a plot device for a plot device.

can we also talk about how Arya wasnt turned in a WW? The NK grabbed her hand and bare neck for a MOMENT :deadbanana2:

Just now, ♚ PRiNCE HiGH ♚ said:

can we also talk about how Arya wasnt turned in a WW? The NK grabbed her hand and bare neck for a MOMENT :deadbanana2:

The cold should have killed her tbh. He's cold enough to withstand dragon flame (probably not the case in the books), but Arya survives his touch? Things you're willing to overlook when the show is leading to something, but since it isn't... i'm dragging every mistake they've made.

15 minutes ago, RainDreamer said:

That new leak getting semi confirmed :skull:, I'm already seeing articles about Bran being evil and having plotted to be king the whole time. This is actually a good read and kinda even explains the whole NK plot and why Bran doesn't tell people things in advance. 

I actually hope this theory is true would help tie up the loose ends and question marks we have. 

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/a27487243/bran-is-evil-game-of-thrones-theory/

If D&D have any creativity they would use something like this to help explain things honestly because right now its all just a mess. 

I think this is a stretch, because they actually spent time trying to convince everyone in the BTS that there were "signs" of her being mad. 

3 minutes ago, Ressti said:

He's a plot device for a plot device.

Nailed it. So was the whole R+L=J mess. His whole parentage ruveal was to simply, again, make dany look & go mAd. A plot device for a plot device for a plot device just so ****ing Bran can sit on the throne

rFumOKF.gif

1 minute ago, Ressti said:

The cold should have killed her tbh. He's cold enough to withstand dragon flame (probably not the case in the books), but Arya survives his touch? Things you're willing to overlook when the show is leading to something, but since it isn't... i'm dragging every mistake they've made.

Lemme go make 10 more accounts to sign the petition

rFumOKF.gif

6 minutes ago, Ressti said:

They have neutered him as a character. He doesn't get to reflect on his father being Rhaegar, his mother being Lyanna. On Ned's secret. On Dany being his literal family. His reunion with Bran and Arya is barely there, we dont' even see their reactions. We get nothing from him and Kit gets nothing to work with. He's not Jon Snow anymore and not in the way that Beric wasnt Beric, but in the way that he's not really a character at all. He's a plot device for a plot device.

I really wonder what their thoughts were with this, I mean I can understand if they **** over some side character but they've literally turned every main character into a dumb emotionless plot device :deadbanana2:

1 minute ago, ♚ PRiNCE HiGH ♚ said:

Nailed it. So was the whole R+L=J mess. His whole parentage ruveal was to simply, again, make dany look & go mAd. A plot device for a plot device for a plot device just so ****ing Bran can sit on the throne

rFumOKF.gif

This is what happens when you suddenly decide to switch gears and "subvert expectations" midway through your ending. All the groundwork you did in the previous seasons just stops meaning anything. You have to kind of string it together without any supporting narrative and tie a sloppy knot at the end.

rFumOKF.gif

10 hours ago, T.C said:

1) Dickon did not need to die. She told them to submit to her or die - like most tyrants. A true liberator would tell them they are free to walk and do as they want. 

2) It was revealed that not all of those slave masters were bad. 

3) Did you miss the clip showing her losing loved ones and the previous vision from season 2? It was a combination of everything.

This

10 hours ago, El Chico said:

Posting a video of clips from episodes completely out of contexts. :dies: Burning the women who tricked Dany into sacrificing her unborn son and giving her a brain dead husband in return is a hint she was mad :dies:

Was Sansa mad for feeding her husband to dogs? Is Arya mad for feeding a father his sons and slitting his throat after? Is Jon mad for hanging a boy!? :jonny5:

Apparently gays only sympathize with female characters hence why we have a problem with the writing now......it is known 

Uel4207.gif

yes they were mad. Notice they only have one instance compared to the dragon girl.

9 hours ago, T.C said:

She helped the north because she wanted the D and she wanted to eliminate the walker threat before it would crush her if she took the throne earlier. It’s not rocket science.

Exactly

9 hours ago, T.C said:

1) Those soldiers were conscripted and probably hated Cersei. Instead of just sending them home, she made them submit or die.

2) I don’t really care about them either. But from a narrative POV it shows she was capable of extreme thinking early on. 

Theres also this video which I think should have been added to that compilation video 

She was going to burn a city down as early as s6 if Tyrion didn’t check her. 

All she want to do is destroy yet they're shocked she's a psycho

5 hours ago, Style. said:

Tyrion, Jon, Bran, Sam, etc... these boring ass men gonna be talking for like an hour after they kill Dany. Torture literally torture. :deadbanana4:

The worst part is all of them should be dead.

5 hours ago, ♚ PRiNCE HiGH ♚ said:

Dany's story being made so she can bring Drogon to King's Landing where he can melt the Iron Throne and then leave because King Bran doesn't need a throne. :deadbanana2: 

The fact that Jamie actually tried saving the show in season1 and we hated him for doing it :deadbanana2:

Wait last i checked it was at 198k gjfhdjk

This is true

4 hours ago, Ressti said:

this is even worse

Jon ending the show by killing 3 people :rip: Stab stab stab!

This ending is trash :mazen:

4 hours ago, judaskills said:

If that is real lmao the Bran twist wouldn't have been bad, but if he gets killed that easily. :rip: Jon killing Grey Worm, Dany, and Bran? My God. I used to like Jon too, but that's so unrealistic. 

Sis all of the antagonists/villains have been getting killed easily this season :toofunny2: Night King (although I love the way they did it), Cersei, Daenerys (I hate that I’m now having to consider her a “villain”) and now Bran if this is true  - the last 2 in the same episode jsbndnfb :toofunny2:

1 hour ago, ♚ PRiNCE HiGH ♚ said:

****,  never thought of that mess :deadbanana2:

That's such an amateur mistake tbh. I mean.... HOW? :deadbanana2: All I can thing is that they used those two years just for CGI and nothing more. :deadbanana2:

6 hours ago, Ressti said:

this is even worse

Jon ending the show by killing 3 people :rip: Stab stab stab!

hahah BEST SEASON EVEEEERRR