Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

American Idol RETURNS | Season 17(Premiere).

60 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Tomorrow is the Premiere Night.

was the last season already a year ago? damn time flies

I’ll tune into the first couple of episodes, but if it’s anything like the previous season then I won’t be watching.

47 minutes ago, jamesfog said:

Flop

That's rude.

The last time American Idol produced a real star (with longevity) was in 05 with Carrie Underwood, right?

Just now, Schami66 said:

The last time American Idol produced a real star (with longevity) was in 05 with Carrie Underwood, right?

Kinda true.

Truth is most winners of AI are flops after the win the last 10 years.

They dont have different chances than any other regular people, despite the push.

But if there hasnt been a successful winner in nearly 15 years, why are people still going to American Idol? 

They should just scrap the show like they announced it two (?) years ago.

And while theyre at it, they can cancel The Voice too, since that show never produced a famous singer at all. :deadbanana4:

44 minutes ago, Schami66 said:

But if there hasnt been a successful winner in nearly 15 years, why are people still going to American Idol? 

They should just scrap the show like they announced it two (?) years ago.

And while theyre at it, they can cancel The Voice too, since that show never produced a famous singer at all. :deadbanana4:

American Idol reaches out and recruits contestants by inviting people promising enough to make for good television 

And these shows stay on the air because they're in the business of selling adspace, not artist production and selling records. Enough people still watch these shows to make it worthwhile keeping them on air

2 hours ago, Schami66 said:

Technically, yeah. Jordin Sparks had a good career for a few years. It does still open the doors for them for other things and maybe they will have a big star again. Last year's winner was so boring she has no shot of being huge.

I'm so ready :duca: 

American Idol doesn’t have that support anymore you have to good vocals or a niche in your genre as a contestant or winner to become successful (Kelly,Carrie,Jennifer,Jordin,Daughtry,Phillip,Adam) 

A girl group that never was but slayed.  :jonny6:

6 hours ago, Schami66 said:

3 hours ago, FrederickSpears said:

Technically, yeah. Jordin Sparks had a good career for a few years. It does still open the doors for them for other things and maybe they will have a big star again. Last year's winner was so boring she has no shot of being huge.

Adam Lambert sweetie...

Katharine McPhee has a great career as an actress!

I mean these contestants have more chances to get opportunities after the show ends than if they were on The Voice so.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

Adam Lambert sweetie...

I was speaking of winners, but yes we all know Adam is one of the huge stars. (and should have won)

The Voice just launched with a surprising 2.1 rating & The Masked Singer ended with a 3.6.

Idol is kind of screwed :rip: 

14 hours ago, SamanthaJadeFr said:

I mean these contestants have more chances to get opportunities after the show ends than if they were on The Voice so.

Kelly's winners on The Voice have been doing well so far. Brynn got signed to Atlantic Records, is on tour with Kelly now at sold out arenas, and is working on her first Atlantic records here soon.

American Idol worked well in the pre streaming era. It’s not a coincidence that the last successful winner from Idol (Phillip Phillips) happened just right before the streaming platform started becoming more popular for music consumption. It’s going to be hard for an act from a competition show to do well in the streaming era now. They will have to work their way up. A good example of this is Fifth Harmony. They did very well for not winning and streaming helped them a lot but it took them awhile. 

21 minutes ago, Bloo said:

Kelly's winners on The Voice have been doing well so far. Brynn got signed to Atlantic Records, is on tour with Kelly now at sold out arenas, and is working on her first Atlantic records here soon.

I hope Brynn’s career trajectory will be similar to Fifrh Harmony’s. If Brynn can build up her fanbase and streaming power, she’ll be able to do well commercially. 

12 hours ago, Shawn said:

The Voice just launched with a surprising 2.1 rating & The Masked Singer ended with a 3.6.

Idol is kind of screwed :rip: 

Idol beat The Voice in the ratings more than once last year

I forgot who won last year. :rip: 

Looking forward to this. Katy really delivered last season, and I have no doubt that she'll do the same again this year.