• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mezik

• MaRy

• OBEY

• LookinIn

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Kamil24 said:

if I am outside of my province on election day (I'll be in Quebec/New Brunswick), can I still vote? Or do I have to go to an advance poll

Yes you will, you can't vote in any other riding but the one you are registered in (ie the one where your official address is)

If you can't make it to an advance poll, get an absentee ballot. 

Interested in this even though I live in the US. Are the elections calculated by popularity or something similar to the electoral college.?

On 7/25/2019 at 7:56 AM, LookinIn said:

I- :deadbanana4:

in some dark twisted way I hope he rises in the polls enough to eat away conservative votes and allow the liberals to win 

A Trump tea. Are the conservatives really taking notes from our government? :deadbanana2:

17 minutes ago, Mellark said:

Interested in this even though I live in the US. Are the elections calculated by popularity or something similar to the electoral college.?

Girl... No one does that **** :rip: 

Are we still expecting Trudeau to flop?

Edited by Wonderland

It's gonna be a very very close race.  Everyone is gonna eat away votes from one another. 

I'm... Idk if I'm gonna vote this year. 

5 hours ago, Wonderland said:

Girl... No one does that **** :rip: 

Are we still expecting Trudeau to flop?

yes :fan:

2 hours ago, Monster Megamind said:

It's over for Trudeau... What a disaster this decade is for liberals

It's never really over. :cm:

Canada uses first past the post, so I guess it is possible to win control of the government without winning the overall popular vote?

Calling it now, neither party will win a majority and we’re gonna have another election 2-years from now.

6 hours ago, Monster Megamind said:

It’s not going to be a sweep like the Ontario provincial election, they are still neck and neck in most polls. I think we’re going to see a minority government form, and if the Liberals are smart they will remove Trudeau and put Freeland in to run. It’s her time to shine. :alexz: 

3 hours ago, Mezik said:

It’s not going to be a sweep like the Ontario provincial election, they are still neck and neck in most polls. I think we’re going to see a minority government form, and if the Liberals are smart they will remove Trudeau and put Freeland in to run. It’s her time to shine. :alexz: 

Freeland needs more time tbh. I think she'd be a total Hillary to the GP if she were to become leader in the next few years. She doesn't have the charisma that Trudeau does and will be seen as a shrill hawkish type :cm:

Trudeau still has a likeability factor to alot of people. The fact he is physically attractive compared to the other leaders will still help him and the libs alot :cm:

3 hours ago, LookinIn said:

Freeland needs more time tbh. I think she'd be a total Hillary to the GP if she were to become leader in the next few years. She doesn't have the charisma that Trudeau does and will be seen as a shrill hawkish type :cm:

Trudeau still has a likeability factor to alot of people. The fact he is physically attractive compared to the other leaders will still help him and the libs alot :cm:

I hate Trudeau - it makes my blood boil I have to vote for him. :rip: 

1 hour ago, Mezik said:

I hate Trudeau - it makes my blood boil I have to vote for him. :rip: 

I've never understand people who hate Trudeau :toofunny2:

I understand disliking him but hate is such a strong feeling toward someone so harmless IMO :flower:

12 hours ago, LookinIn said:

can you imagine if Maxime loses his seat because voters picked the wrong one on the ballot:deadbanana4:

9 hours ago, LookinIn said:

I-

The Clown of Politics strikes again :bibliahh:

Both of these had me screaming today :ahh: 

1 minute ago, Miles. said:

Both of these had me screaming today :ahh: 

How can anyone who votes Green take themselves seriously :bibliahh:

a Gary Johnson supporter tea :bibliahh:

Edited by LookinIn

13 hours ago, Genius1111 said:

Canada uses first past the post, so I guess it is possible to win control of the government without winning the overall popular vote?

Yup. It most recently happened in 1957.

20 hours ago, Monster Megamind said:

Neoliberalism has become way less popular than conservativism. Liberals do not believe in centrists anymore so it's natural that neolibs are falling one after the other. Progressives/green parties will start rising but that will take time. For now will need to suck it and hope conservative parties don't ruin countries in the long term :cm:

4 hours ago, Chemist said:

Neoliberalism has become way less popular than conservativism. Liberals do not believe in centrists anymore so it's natural that neolibs are falling one after the other. Progressives/green parties will start rising but that will take time. For now will need to suck it and hope conservative parties don't ruin countries in the long term :cm:

the Green Party will never be a main thing here, they are way too kooky for the GP:toofunny2: The federal NDP just needs another Jack Layton, which Jagmeet Singh is not.

Also I wouldn't call the Liberal Party centrist to a tee exactly anymore, in fact the Trudeau government has been one of the most progressive, Considering they've taken on the drug companies, legalized marijuana etc. I guess since Free Trade Deals like CETA and TPP are considered evil and centrist now that Trudeau is one since he got it done :deadbanana4: Go look at how Brexit is doing and all those industries under Trump Tariffs and come and tell me again why Free Trade is bad. 

What we really need is the PPC to grow a bit. Im tired of having 3 left wing parties splitting 60% of the vote and only 1 Conservative party getting the other 40%. It's time to split conservative votes in this country the same way we split liberal ones.