Condolences to our New Zealand & Muslim members affected by the Christchurch mosque shootings Read more... ×

Katy wants kids and will prioritize this.

44 posts in this topic

Iceland

"Katy's family knew he was proposing. He talked to her parents about it before," a source tells PEOPLE

By 
February 15, 2019 06:25 PM

Orlando Bloom has been working on his romantic Valentine’s Day proposal to Katy Perry for quite some time.

“Orlando had planned this for a while,” a Bloom source tells PEOPLE. “He wanted it all to be special.”

The actor, 42, even went the old-fashioned route and sought her parents’ permission before popping the question. “Katy’s family knew he was proposing. He talked to her parents about it before,” the source continues.

Even with all the advance planning, Perry, 34, apparently had no idea the proposal was imminent. “Katy was very surprised and shaking with happiness,” the insider tells PEOPLE.

Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom
Stefanie Keenan/Getty

Following their wedding, the next milestone for the pair appears to be parenthood.

“Katy is slowing down her career this year,” a second source tells PEOPLE, adding that the couple “want to get married and start a family sooner rather than later.”

The Bloom source agrees, telling PEOPLE, “They both want kids together and will prioritize this.”

Bloom is already a father to 8-year-old son Flynn, whom he shares with ex-wife Miranda Kerr

Perry shared her first photo with her now-fiancé on Friday, posting a close-up image of the pair surrounded by numerous heart-shaped balloons, while showing off her unique flower-shaped diamond ring, which features a colorful jewel in the center

“Full bloom,” she sweetly captioned the image, using a play on her husband-to-be’s name.

Bloom went on to share the same image on his own Instagram, captioning the adorable snap, “Lifetimes.”

RELATED: Katy Perry Calls Orlando Bloom the ‘Kindest and Cutest Man’ in Sweet 42nd Birthday Tribute

Orlando Bloom and Katy Perry
Orlando Bloom and Katy Perry

Earlier Friday, the second source revealed that although Perry may have been surprised, the couple’s decision to take their relationship to the next level wasn’t a spur-of-the-moment choice.

https://people.com/music/katy-perry-shaking-with-happiness-orlando-bloom-proposal/

Nexto

bitch wtf someone get this hoe in the recording booth

materialboy

I hope she gets pregnant by the end of the year then :clap3: I'm wondering what name they will choose.

The Next Day

She better pull of an Invasion Of Privacy-like era then:clown:

fridayteenage

Katy is slowing down her career this year,

i guess her career will focus on being a reality show personality and shoes or whatever

Slamless
2 minutes ago, Lover said:

ha ray of light is coming :jonny4:

:jonny5:

Popboi.

It’s a great time for her to have kids, perfect age to do so and the GP/Kats could miss her and rebound from Witness when she comes back.

UnusualBoy

Expected but I will need to find more faves then because:

Britney: Takes ages to releases and she's a hit or miss lately

Rhenna: Avon lady

Adele: Releases every 28362262381181826 year

Gaga: She's like Britney with being a hit or miss lately

Katy: Shoe maker and now future mom

:weeps: 

Disruptive

they will make gorgeous babies and will probably be great parents :heart2:  

Happy for them!

Blank

Good for her :clap3: she should release a GH titled Walking On Air with the title track as the lead to tide us over :cm:

Beckeisha

She doesn't need an excuse as to why she No longer can get hits. Her career slowed down before all of this. 

Right Now

A Hilary Duff tea. Get ready Kats (myself included), Katy's career as a pop star as you knew it, is over. :jonny5:

WhateverYouWant

It was her biggest mistake not releasing more frequently in her prime, now with only 3 successful albums and her best selling years behind her she’s taking another extended break.  

Anyways, I’m happy for Katy that she found happiness after a rough couple of years and wish her the best of luck starting a family. :clap3:

Archetype

Aww, I hope they have many children.  I always loved them together. :heart2:

Smarticle

orlando looks terrible in that photo lighting :rip:

they're cute :heart2:

MadMagical

She's going to end up a conservative housewife like Gwen :sad:

DaddyIssuesX

Katy doesn't even need to release anymore the royalties from "Firework" "Dark Horse" and "Roar" will keep her lights on until the day she dies.

Good luck sis and Katy will deffo be a great mum

Cheers
36 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

Expected but I will need to find more faves then because:

Britney: Takes ages to releases and she's a hit or miss lately

Rhenna: Avon lady

Adele: Releases every 28362262381181826 year

Gaga: She's like Britney with being a hit or miss lately

Katy: Shoe maker and now future mom

:weeps: 

I mean are we surprised? They’re all 30+ now and are trying to settle down & make money without the stress of showbiz.

VOSS

I thought katy and her parents didn’t talk anymore? Or have they reconciled

I feel like a lot of her religious stuff has been her trying to win back her parents

AbeHicks

So her name will be Katy Bloom?

It does not sound good