Best of 2018 is now open! Read more... ×

New Evanescence album this year!

42 posts in this topic

CoS

So we will apparently know about this project in a month according to this new interview with Amy. Her response to the next question could also indicate as to where Amy is going with the album, she did say it doesn't define the next project but something could be in there.

AW: With the recent re-emergence of Evanescence, naturally the question on everyone’s minds is: What’s coming next?  You’ve been hinting a little bit lately about a ‘unique’ project with the band that’s different from the normal Evanescence fare. While I understand your desire to remain tight-lipped, are there ANY details you can spare on this project?

AL: I am going to spill all of the details on this project in about a month – I just need to give it some time. I know that’s annoying for a journalist, but the core of it is getting to hear Evanescence in a new way. It really is. It’s not just ‘the next Evanescence album’ – it’s something else, and it’s definitely challenging. It’s from a place where it still connects absolutely to the core of what the band is, but it’s forcing everyone to try new things and work outside of our comfort zone completely, and work in new elements. So I’m very excited about it, and that’s what I’ve been spending the majority of my time doing during all of this stress for all of the other things in the background. I’m just working over a bubbling cauldron of stuff over here! I’m very excited about it, and I really hope the fans are too when they hear what it is, but I can’t give any other information than that right now.

AW: While the upcoming project is still very hush-hush, perhaps you can give your input on this: Now that you have a strong new lineup, do you have an idea of what direction you’d like the band to head in? Not exactly just with this album, but what you would like to achieve with future Evanescence material over the next few years?

AL: Um, I see how you’re trying to be tricky and just get more information out of me about the ‘thing’!

[We both burst out laughing]

AL: BUT [laughs] I feel that would just be giving it away! So, this is just a very general statement, because I don’t have a specific direction for the next-next-thing – although we’re starting to formulate that already – but I’m starting to learn that less is more, in a way. Evanescence, for me, has always been this place where every single thing you can imagine is in there. We’ve used so many tracks that pro tools can’t handle it, and it’s an issue. So with all the strings, the programming, the guitars, the background vocals, and all of these things that go into our music, as wonderful as that all is, I’ve come to realize that sometimes you’re not hearing all that we’re doing because of all that is going on. I’ve come to sometimes enjoy being able to hear just one thing at a time a little bit.

That being said, that’s not meant to really describe anything other than that my headspace right now is that I can appreciate moments of simplicity, and I think that’s important. I think that’s an important direction for us to think about in the future, that everything doesn’t always have to be so full or so complicated. Because in life, sometimes your emotions are a huge hurricane of stuff and other times it’s just one little simple thought.

Source: AltWire

and there's also this that could be a hint to the project or tour or both. Jen mentioned about Amy wanting to do something special at the end of the European tour also.

Sofi‏ @SofiPeppe Mar 23

@evanescence @AmyLeeEV Would be SO amazing If you guys make a DVD live with a huge/complete orchestra

Amy Lee‏Verified account @AmyLeeEV

@SofiPeppe @evanescence Interesting...

J-esper

:jonny: this al sounds so exciting and interesting, I am so ready for this new project and the tour and damn if she would eventually do an orchestral DVD, I would die. Especially the TOD material would be lifted to a whole other level live.

I♥Toronto

6 years. 6 damn years i've waited. it's happening, guys!

http://evanescencecrew.wixsite.com/evanescencecrew/single-post/2017/04/27/Evanescence-press-conference-in-Quito-Ecuador-04262017

During their interview, Amy Lee announced that after the new top secret Evanescence project is released later this year, Evanescence will start working on a new traditional LP, their first since 2011

IMadeYouReadThis

I thought they actually announced something :rip:

They're supposed to be announcing something in the next few weeks - hopefully before their London shows...

IMadeYouReadThis
6 minutes ago, I♥Toronto said:

6 years. 6 damn years i've waited. it's happening, guys!

http://evanescencecrew.wixsite.com/evanescencecrew/single-post/2017/04/27/Evanescence-press-conference-in-Quito-Ecuador-04262017

During their interview, Amy Lee announced that after the new top secret Evanescence project is released later this year, Evanescence will start working on a new traditional LP, their first since 2011

Whatever this special project is, I feel like it's taking up the space that a full Evanescence album could fill and when it's announced I think it's REALLY gonna annoy me.

sk8erfan

Not gonna lie, this kinda has me worried what this special project might be since they'll be doing an album afterwards :dancehall: 

GRMusic
2 minutes ago, sk8erfan said:

Not gonna lie, this kinda has me worried what this special project might be since they'll be doing an album afterwards :dancehall: 

Same here...

IMadeYouReadThis
19 minutes ago, sk8erfan said:

13 minutes ago, The Unforgiving said:

An LP? :rip: 

Amy sis wyd

same :rip:

My current theory: they'll get other artists/bands to record Evanescence songs and release that as a compilation thingy

why?

1- a different way to hear evanescence

2- in a Q&A session someone asked her about the whole process of the project and she said 'if I say that it'll spoil the whole thing'

I was thinking it was linked to a new album but now I'm pretty doubtful that it'll involve any new music at all... if there was ANYTHING new they'd be promoting it to a live audience...

I♥Toronto

I'm thinking this "special secret project" might be a tour dvd. or a dvd or some kind. most likely not an album. but if it is, PROBABLY would be cover songs. i dunno

IMadeYouReadThis
1 hour ago, I♥Toronto said:

I'm thinking this "special secret project" might be a tour dvd. or a dvd or some kind. most likely not an album. but if it is, PROBABLY would be cover songs. i dunno

I'm worried....

sk8erfan
7 minutes ago, IMadeYouReadThis said:

I'm worried....

Whatever it is, it better be something good, if we edn up with some random non-music related mess, the meltdowns will be real

IMadeYouReadThis
1 minute ago, sk8erfan said:

Whatever it is, it better be something good, if we edn up with some random non-music related mess, the meltdowns will be real

Honestly... their last album came out 6 years ago. I had basically just started high school then. I'm now 2 years into uni. The amount of teasing isn't nice. Whatever this project is, it BETTER be new music in some capacity or imma get real mad. 

sk8erfan
2 minutes ago, IMadeYouReadThis said:

Honestly... their last album came out 6 years ago. I had basically just started high school then. I'm now 2 years into uni. The amount of teasing isn't nice. Whatever this project is, it BETTER be new music in some capacity or imma get real mad. 

The exact same situation here :eek: 

IMadeYouReadThis
1 minute ago, sk8erfan said:

The exact same situation here :eek: 

I mean let's be honest as well, their last album felt slightly forced and didn't match up to TOD. If 'rushing' a new album will mean that it'll be another forced effort, I'd rather wait and have a naturally gorgeous album like TOD...