Can Tevin Campbell get a hit song ever again?

Will Tevin Campbell ever get a hit song again?   35 members have voted

1. 1. Will he?

• Yes
    • Possibly
    • Likely not
    • 0% chance

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 posts in this topic

His last hit song was in the mid 90's, "U Will Know" with the group of various popular Black male singers,  "Black Men United" was a social statement for Black men dying from police brutality. Tevin snagged lead vocalist.

The song went top 30 on Billboard Hot 100 and was a top 5 R&B/Hip Hop Singles Chart.

I2I from the Goofy Soundtrack could have been a hit too in 1995, but his record label is ****ty and didn't even release it as a single.:cm:

After nearly 20 years with no new music, Tevin created a twitter and dropped a independent song, "Safer On The Ground" which flopped tremendously.

Tevin, however has increased 200k so far in monthly Spotify listeners since mid-late 2016.

Couldn't before, can't now  :cm:

I2I could have went top 5:chick3:

Just now, Arthritis said:

Couldn't before, can't now  :cm:

But he has before, multiply :huh:

Only if one his songs are used in a dance trend, like My Boo

4 minutes ago, GypsyLAMB said:

The only song that sounds like it would be current like that is "Round and Round". 

I could see it. The beat is kind of fresh..

But that song was already a hit. 

11 minutes ago, GypsyLAMB said:

Round and Round is IT.

Prince gonna get those coins from the grave.

1NcS0ro.gif

If the likes of Usher unable to even climbing the chart on his current era, I don't see it happening to Tevin

He's had like two EXTREMELY local semi-hits a couple decades ago. He was never a big artist at his peak, and he definitely has no chance now. He's completely forgotten, an R&B relic, and a couple extra spotify listeners won't change that. You need to get over this guy like the rest of the world did decades ago. Nobody CARES about Tevin Campbell in 2017. I'm starting to doubt that you're even a fan of his, it seems like you just try to set him up to get dragged with these obvious questions. MOVE ON.

2 hours ago, Joey Coco said:

OT: No

@asanders10795544 What did you think of "Back to the World"?

It underperformed in the US, both mainstream and on R&B charts.

The song is cute, I bop to it sometimes.

Somehow it was a top ten hit in New Zealand though? I guess it was hit somewhere:cm:

2 hours ago, Toysoldier99 said:

He's had like two EXTREMELY local semi-hits a couple decades ago. He was never a big artist at his peak, and he definitely has no chance now. He's completely forgotten, an R&B relic, and a couple extra spotify listeners won't change that. You need to get over this guy like the rest of the world did decades ago. Nobody CARES about Tevin Campbell in 2017. I'm starting to doubt that you're even a fan of his, it seems like you just try to set him up to get dragged with these obvious questions. MOVE ON.

Nope, he had more than 2 hits.

He was the 3rd biggest male of 1994.

He's not that forgotten :ahh: I can find celebs posting about him all the time. Poor that.