Emma W passed on Cinderella, originally considered for La La

38 posts in this topic

According to Deadline:

"On January 26, 2015, Watson posted on social media, that she’s Belle. Watson was originally being considered for the lead role in La La Land, for which Emma Stone wound up winning the best actress Oscar. Watson also passed on Disney’s Cinderella, but embraced Belle. In interviews, the Harry Potter actress says she was drawn to Belle’s open-mindedness, sense of female empowerment, and her ability to defy the status-quo in her village."

Seems like Emma Watson remains in high demand despite mostly staying away from mainstream movies. Her last wide release was the $100M grossing 'Noah'.

In case you missed it, 'Beauty and the Beast' just opened to $174.7M in the US, the 7th biggest opening of all time.

Emma also now has the recognition of having the biggest opening for a female lead, surpassing Jennifer Lawrence's 'The Hunger Games' ($166M adjusted for inflation).

Emma now has the recognition of having the biggest opening for a female lead, surpassing Jennifer Lawrence's 'The Hunger Games' ($166M adjusted for inflation).

Yay :D

what about TFA tho

Emma also now has the recognition of having the biggest opening for a female lead, surpassing Jennifer Lawrence's 'The Hunger Games' ($166M adjusted for inflation).  

She made the right choice. Her time is now. ;) 

Wow!!! She did that

1 minute ago, Ash12345 said:

Emma now has the recognition of having the biggest opening for a female lead, surpassing Jennifer Lawrence's 'The Hunger Games' ($166M adjusted for inflation).

what about TFA tho

I guess it doesn't count 'cause Harrison Ford has first billing on The Force Awakens. (I just checked the poster, mess at Mark Hamill being #2 :ahh: )

Lily James in Cinderella was perfect so oh well.

10 minutes ago, Ash12345 said:

what about TFA tho

Not sure if Daisy was billed as the lead as she is new. I love her though. Maybe she'll snatch for the next episode!

10 minutes ago, SelenaTheWinner said:

She made the right choice. Her time is now. ;) 

I agree. She's perfect as Belle.

Poor Little Stoners.

3 minutes ago, TheFireLexus said:

Poor Little Stoners.

Yeah, poor Academy Award winner Emma Stone

OT:

Congrats to her :clap3:  

Her star power is undeniable 

Just now, Sabbath said:

Yeah, poor Academy Award winner Emma Stone

OT:

Congrats to her :clap3:  

Her star power is undeniable 

Are Emma Stone fans now the same as Emma Stone? :rip: 

11 minutes ago, TheFireLexus said:

Poor Little Stoners.

:sistrens: 

Her 4th movie in the top 40 :clap3:

she will go back to her flop career after BATB hype fades. Emma Stone is a much better actres swith a much better future

Slay. She made the right choice. Itll outgross Cinderellas domestic gross in a couple of weeks. 

Zm29aNG.png

Kween. Hope she makes the right choices after this. 

5 minutes ago, leon86 said:

she will go back to her flop career after BATB hype fades. Emma Stone is a much better actres swith a much better future

"After BATB hype fades" she will remain the female lead with the highest opening gross in history while Kesha continues to have no career whatsoever.

4 minutes ago, Superbitch said:

Slay. She made the right choice. Itll outgross Cinderellas domestic gross in a couple of weeks. 

More like days. Beauty and the Beast is at 174, Cinderella finished with 201.

2 minutes ago, ALA said:

More like days. Beauty and the Beast is at 174, Cinderella finished with 201.

Kii. Yeah it'll do around 10-15 milli today so Even before the weekend I guess. Kween.

Zm29aNG.png

Feminism always wins. :cm:

29 minutes ago, TheFireLexus said:

"After BATB hype fades" she will remain the female lead with the highest opening gross in history while Kesha continues to have no career whatsoever.

Are you 13?? u bring up kesha cause she's in my avatar? tragic

Glad she turned down Cinderella, it kinda flopped for Disney's standards. And she isn't much of a singer after hearing all that autotune in 'Belle', so I'm glad she turned LLL down as well. :gaycat4:

I guess Emma Stone won in the end.

BATB will slay the box office but Emma Watson will barely benefit aside from money wise. She will remain known as Hermione :)

2 hours ago, Mr.Marvelous said:

Glad she turned down Cinderella, it kinda flopped for Disney's standards. And she isn't much of a singer after hearing all that autotune in 'Belle', so I'm glad she turned LLL down as well. :gaycat4:

I don't think it's hard to beat Emma Stone's singing. After all the point is Mia is an ordinary girl with an ordinary singing skill.

36 minutes ago, Rafael said:

I guess Emma Stone won in the end.

BATB will slay the box office but Emma Watson will barely benefit aside from money wise. She will remain known as Hermione :)

B&TB successfully made her known for more than one role already lol

4 hours ago, Ash12345 said:

what about TFA tho

talent lost.