DiCaprio to star in TV series directed by Scorcese

13 posts in this topic

KnightOfAllRealms

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpun3ETkTtv3sPUDuQm4W

scorsese-451219.jpg

Leonardo DiCaprio and Martin Scorsese's The Devil in the White City adaptation is going from a film to a TV series.

Hulu and Paramount Television are developing a small screen adaptation of Erik Larson’s New York Times bestselling nonfiction thriller. The news was announced onstage at the Television Critics Association press tour on Monday.

The Devil in the White City tells the chilling true story of two men, an architect and a serial killer, whose fates were forever linked by The Chicago World’s Fair of 1893. Each embodying American ingenuity at the dawn of the 20th century — Daniel H. Burnham, a brilliant and fastidious architect racing to make his mark on the world and Henry H. Holmes, a handsome and cunning doctor who fashioned his own pharmaceutical “Murder Castle” on fair grounds — a palace built to seduce, torture and mutilate young women.

The project has been in development at various studios since 2003. It was previously at Warner Bros, before moving to Paramount — but the studio let the rights lapse in 2004 and again in 2007, as the period setting posed budgetary challenges. At one point, Tom Cruise was to star and produce an adaptation and later Kathryn Bigelow was attached to direct and produce. It wasn't until 2010 that DiCaprio, said to be long fascinated by the dark subject matter, nabbed the rights himself.

In addition to Scorsese and DiCaprio, executive producers will include Stacey Sher, Rick Yorn, Emma Koskoff and Jennifer Davisson.

Mr. Loco

I loved the book, I will totally watch this! Besides, DiCaprio & Scorsese are the perfect combination

Legendary

Netflix must be fuming when they have their film deal with Scorsese

JesusORGod

Leo can still get it :jonny5:

He’ll always be sex symbol to me 🖤

fridayteenage

the book is ok

i guess leo wanna egot

Destiny

Legend DiCaprio on TV fghjjkfggghjjf :jonny5:

Coming for the Emmys :soda:

KylieistBoi

This is going to be huge. I am so excited to see Leo on TV!

Feanor

Where does it say that he will star in this? It only says that he will produce.