10 #1s  

23 members have voted

1. 1. First to Get There?

2. 2. Will Get 10 Eventually

18 posts in this topic

Chainsmoker

Which of these current hitmakers will reach double digit #1s first? (and as a bonus question, who will get there eventually?)

The Options

Ariana Grande: Currently on a hot streak, getting to back to back #1s, new album may have more. Still pretty far away though.

Cardi B: The Current Queen of Rap. Got 3 in the first year of her career. Still somewhat far from double digits though. 

Drake: Rivals Rihanna as the biggest one of his generation (in the US). Scorpion got 3 alone and he has 6 total now. (7 if you count Sicko Mode)

Katy Perry: Both the Closest and the Furthest at the same time. She had a huge start to her career getting 9 #1s in just 6 years but she seems to have lost her hitmaking power. Can 365 get her back on track?

Post Malone: Like Drake, had a very huge era last year with 3 huge hits (two of which that reaches the summit) and then a third #1 with Sunflower.

Ed Sheeran: Also huge start current aa he got two huge hits with his last era. Still far away though and he doesn't release music as frequently as some of the others.

Taylor Swift: Currently half way there. Last era didn't have hits as big as expected but she usually manages to have at least one big hit per era.

Justin Bieber: Last Era had 3 #1s and then scored two more in 2017. Expected to release more music this year. 

Adele: 4 #1s so far. Expected to release this year. Could sell out and make trendier music. 

Bruno Mars: 7 #1s and still going strong. Also expected to release soon. 

IndieKid

Katy Perry is the closest (9) but I don't think she's likely to get another #1. Really anyone on that list can get it in the near future (sans Drake and Taylor, cause they won't release as frequently as the other fresh faces on the list).

But it's insane that Rihanna is the only artist this generation with over 10 #1s :psyduck:

Sazare

I only see it ever happening for Drake.

IamCY

Drake's gonna be there soon.

It would take a miracle for Katy but then again she only needs 1.

Marvin

Drake probably

Ariana maybe in a decade

Katy if she gets lucky

I don't see the rest ever reaching 10. I see 5-8 at most for Post, Ed, Taylor, Justin, and Adele. Cardi may be able to snatch a few more 

Jynx

Katy could do it but it'll probably have to be a collab (with her as the lead, ofc).

Plus she deserves to get 10 #1 singles. :'(

Reb'l Rêveur

365 will give Katy her 10th, so her :fan:

highwind44029

If trends don't change in the next five years, I can only see it happening for Drake. It still remains to be seen how much of a force Taylor is going to be in her next era, but I hope she does well and saves pop music.

Or Katy if Drake features her.

Bacardi

Drake first

Bieber, Ed and Katy possibly

But OP You forgot BRUNO MARS who has 7

Koreku

Adele can get two #1s next era if she plays her cards right. She didn’t properly push her singles after ‘Hello’ which is a shame. 

I can most most definitely see Drake & Bieber get ten #1s. 

I don’t even think Post cares about being on top so I’m not sure if he’ll ever get to 10.

Taylor and Ariana can get 10 eventually 

Theduy0312
1 hour ago, Sazare said:

I only see it ever happening for Drake.

JoshSpears1805

don't forget Miley Cyrus and Kesha

Chainsmoker
1 hour ago, Bacardi said:

Drake first

Bieber, Ed and Katy possibly

But OP You forgot BRUNO MARS who has 7

Oops Mess. I forgot :rip:

I'll add him. 

Kiss It Better

i think Drake will get it by 2022 he just need 3-4 more (depends on if you count Sicko Mode or not) and Adele might get it eventually as well (unless she gets stuck at 9 like Katy) same with Taylor

for Ari i think she might get stuck in 6-8 #1s if she's still doing pretty well by AG9 era, prove me wrong though 

Illuminati

I mean Katy only has one left, if she doesn't reach it first that will be really embarrassing :rip: