July Town Hall Thread Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The best PS1 Era Final Fantasy turns 20

22 posts in this topic

Eyes on Me still makes me weep.

Something has to come from FFVIII, it's the only mainline FF that we still don't have available anywhere except PS1, I'm not expecting a full blown remake but maybe a FFIX like release for steam

It lacked the emotional impact of Aerith but I honestly think it’s miles ahead of VII. It suffers from being sandwiched between so many incredible, flagship titles, though (VI, VII, IX and X). If it had been released around garbage like XI or XII, we would have appreciated her the way she deserves.

I haven’t even played that one or VII. IX is my default favorite PS1 FF game and my favorite FF game period.

13 minutes ago, Eternium said:

It lacked the emotional impact of Aerith but I honestly think it’s miles ahead of VII. It suffers from being sandwiched between so many incredible, flagship titles, though (VI, VII, IX and X). If it had been released around garbage like XI or XII, we would have appreciated her the way she deserves.

You won’t come for XII, it is part of the trinity along with VII and this masterpiece.

the Balamb Garden theme legit almost brings a tear to my eye. as was mentioned, VIII had the disservice of following VII, and will forever stand (and howl) alone in its shadow. :sosad:

35 minutes ago, Blue. said:

You won’t come for XII, it is part of the trinity along with VII and this masterpiece.

there is beauty in the idea that we all have our own tastes, but I cannot fathom how you could put XII on the same level as either other. :doc:

It's weird to me that I've only played one FF game despite the series being right up my alley. 

40 minutes ago, Can't_M!ss_This said:

It's weird to me that I've only played one FF game despite the series being right up my alley. 

Missing out 

34 minutes ago, dussymob said:

Missing out 

Gift me them bitch!

2 hours ago, coolcristobal said:

Best game of all time PERIOD :jonny5:

@True Skarlet get in little lokust.

I've been listening to VIII's OST again, whew. :jonny5:

2 hours ago, Blue. said:

XII was trash. The story was so cliche and too involved and the gameplay wasn’t novel enough (Star Ocean had already done it better) to excuse how bare bones and bland it was.

44 minutes ago, Can't_M!ss_This said:

Gift me them bitch!

I use Emulators :) 

Final Fantasy IX was better.

also stop the FF XII slander. Its the last great FF game. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0