Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Chris Pratt defends Hillsong against anti-gay claims

110 posts in this topic

He should have shut up.

The controversy wasn't even gaining that much attention, so he was better off not addressing it than saying some obviously false nonsense.

7 hours ago, Shawn said:

Hillsong actively campaigned against gay marriage in Australia during the vote in 2017.

And last year - tried to lobby against anti-discrimination laws.

So his tithes (and Bieber's alleged millions) are absolutely going towards their anti-LGBTQ war chest.

Wow, I didn’t know this

how disgusting!!!!!!

Chris Pratt, keep donating money to that church, you will rot in hell for eternity!!!

OT:

The apology is too late

the jury has reached a verdict: Execution by Electric Chair.

3 hours ago, mokitsu said:

Stop quoting me. I can't edit it. Leave me alone

mokitsu

st vincent snapped here whew

xVjqcIf.gif

OT: electric share

I hate this Jesus freak 

That's like inviting a Muslim person and then asking them why their religion throws gay people off buildings or have homophobic beliefs.

Chris is not obligated to delve deeper. He's not his church. He shared something that's dear to him—and that's it. Maybe ask the reverend or the leaders of that church?

7 hours ago, DAP said:

We need less hate in this world, not more

Image result for bursting out laughing gif

Not a religious person saying this. :toofunny2::toofunny3: The only way for that to happen is getting rid of religion worldwide. 

Gays need to pick their battles. 

Everyone is a hypcorite, the point is that Chris Pratt is hardly a threat to the LGBT community. Go after someone that matters

I used to really like him but this whole religion thing has turned me off entirely. Can't get behind anyone that supports a homophobic church.

12 hours ago, DAP said:

Wrong Chris henny

KhoKFiF.gif

The irony. Chris Evans would be the LAST straight man on earth to persecute the gays.

Such a woke king.

Why do religious beliefs make people atomically seem so much uglier 

Atrl strikes again. Defends Muslims protesting outside of schools for teaching about the existence of gay people but condemns a man who goes to a Christian church and hasn’t done anything anti lgbtq at all. 

13 hours ago, citizen said:

He believes in killing animals for fun. So he can rot in hell.

And, all he is is a below-average actor who suddenly got abs. 

This. We only care about his body.

17 hours ago, Jet said:

He’s white trailer park trash so I’m not surprised he didn’t backpeddle.

Justin bieber, Hailey Baldwin, Selena Gomez, the entire Kardashian clan, the Jonas brothers, Vanessa Hudgens etc. all deserve to be dragged for supporting this homophobic ass church too.

Wbk you are an OSH you would drag her whatever she does 

17 hours ago, Venturo said:

Image result for chris pratt gif

this gif makes me suicidal

18 hours ago, TheLastChord said:

Pretty much. This is a non issue. He's free to to believe in whatever he wants and to attend whatever church he wants. He's not using HIS voice to spout anti gay agenda or anything similar, which is all I care about. 

And I also don't support this anti church narrative going on in the last few months, because you're judging HUGE amounts of people based on generalizations, which is exactly what they did to us. This is why this idiotic sjw cruzade will end up being counterproductive at the end of the day, because the only thing that it will accomplish is bitterness and resentment from both sides.

The hilarious thing is that by FAR most of the people attending church are POC. If people knew that I bet they'd shut up.

5 hours ago, ConceptD said:

Atrl strikes again. Defends Muslims protesting outside of schools for teaching about the existence of gay people but condemns a man who goes to a Christian church and hasn’t done anything anti lgbtq at all. 

It's because most people think Christian = white and muslim = POC. So they are comfortable to criticise the "white" group and uncomfortable with criticising the POC group.

But the truth is that the overwhelming majority of Christians are actually POC. It's because they live in the US and they think what they see there of Christianity is representative of the religion globally.

In future decades when white people become an ever-smaller minority in the US, people will start to realise just how many POC are actually Christian and I think Christianity will stop getting so much criticism.

If he doesn't support what the church agendas and become a member just to pray, then go find another chruch?? Like wtf??

He is just being extra :ace:

6 hours ago, ConceptD said:

Most people in this thread didn't defend him at all because he associate with homophobic chruch and take that #whataboutism out of here

19 hours ago, mokitsu said:

the receipts say otherwise. sorry but it's electric chair for captain america

KhoKFiF.gif

Disrespect Evans again and you’ll be the one in an electric chair.

KhoKFiF.gif

His church is doing right by him and his ‘lifestyle’ so everything is fine as far as he is concerned. It may be his personal choice but it’s still problematic 

"We need less hate in this world, not more"

Then maybe stop supporting a cult that actively contributes to it 

tenor.gif?itemid=11355868