Condolences to our New Zealand & Muslim members affected by the Christchurch mosque shootings Read more... ×

Chris Pratt defends Hillsong against anti-gay claims

110 posts in this topic

Nemo
1 hour ago, Venturo said:

Image result for chris pratt gif

Who told you it was acceptable to use this gif off local twitter?

KhoKFiF.gif

Divine
50 minutes ago, Lucas32 said:

And that's all there is to it. It's a homophobic church and just because they accept gay people in a "oh you can come to our church despite the fact you're a disgusting sinner" doesn't mean they aren't. They're just not aggressive about it. Not that I expect Chris to understand the issue in the first place.

Until they issue a statement that their position has changed, celebrities (and other people) attending this church deserve critcism.

Well what is ultimately comes down to is that they see sexual orientation as a behavior and not an integral part of one's identity. It's your choice whether you want to agree or disagree with them or go to their church.

The church also views things such as promiscuity + drunkenness as sins. There are a lot of people who disagree with those viewpoints as well. To each their own.

Lucas32
29 minutes ago, Divine said:

Well what is ultimately comes down to is that they see sexual orientation as a behavior and not an integral part of one's identity. It's your choice whether you want to agree or disagree with them or go to their church.

The church also views things such as promiscuity + drunkenness as sins. There are a lot of people who disagree with those viewpoints as well. To each their own.

The difference is that promiscuity and drunkenness are choices and being gay is an immutable characteristic of a person. The difference is they dont deny the legal rights of drunk people and promiscious people but against equal rights for gay people. The difference is that gay people are a minority group while drunks and promiscious people are not. “To each their own“ this would be a wonderful philosophy - too bad they actively seek to enforce a mindset that eliminated gay people‘s ability to live equally under the law, let alone socially.

Lady Claire

Being there or not, he's trash anyways.

Divine
1 minute ago, Lucas32 said:

The difference is that promiscuity and drunkenness are choices and being gay is an immutable characteristic of a person.

Well, that's not what the church believes. The church separates homosexual attraction from activity. In other words, they don't care if you like the same sex, but the ideal is celibacy.

gilded_butterfly
1 hour ago, TheLastChord said:

Guilty of what? People are free to believe homosexuality is a sin as much as I believe I'm free to be a homosexual. There's no law stopping them from believing it and no law stopping me from being gay, so what is the issue here? 

Guilty of supporting bigotry and ignorance, that's the issue.

As a previous user pointed out, this church has actively protested against gay rights and anti-discrimination laws. That is going beyond just simply thinking that being gay is a "sin".

And you honestly see no problem with that whatsoever?!

Yog

I’m so glad LEGO movie 2 is bombing :clap3:But anyways electric chair  

Horizon Flame

His church is not only anti-gay, it's linked to conversion therapy and sexual abuse.

gilded_butterfly
1 hour ago, Gui Blackout said:

He LITERALLY just said that he doesn't support that and his own values differ from the church 

Yet he continues to go there and patronize said church, so...

Divine
4 minutes ago, Horizon Flame said:

His church is not only anti-gay, it's linked to conversion therapy and sexual abuse.

Hillsong does not encourage conversion therapy anymore.

I haven't looked into it but I'm pretty sure they don't have ties with the sexually predatory founder anymore.

Haus

the united states has no shortage of christian churches. your church = your views.

and anyone who tries to separate themselves from it doesn't care because it doesn't affect them. 

Pheromosa
2 hours ago, mokitsu said:

the receipts say otherwise. sorry but it's electric chair for captain america

KhoKFiF.gif

Leave the hotter Chris out of this thank you 

SayCart1991
3 hours ago, BowDown2 said:

Every church is anti-gay.

That's just simply not true.

Smarticle
3 hours ago, mokitsu said:

the receipts say otherwise. sorry but it's electric chair for captain america

KhoKFiF.gif

wrong Avenger

mokitsu

Stop quoting me. I can't edit it. Leave me alone

mokitsu

Samuel
3 hours ago, Jet said:

He’s white trailer park trash so I’m not surprised he didn’t backpeddle.

Justin bieber, Hailey Baldwin, Selena Gomez, the entire Kardashian clan, the Jonas brothers, Vanessa Hudgens etc. all deserve to be dragged for supporting this homophobic ass church too.

exactly, drag everyone who supports this church not just the republican easy target. everyone giving money to that church is supporting & endorsing its homophobia

Jealous
4 hours ago, DAP said:

Wrong Chris henny

KhoKFiF.gif

I'm dead adjflsjfl:ahh:

KhoKFiF.gif

--

OT: Chris Pratt has always been trash. Never found him attractive.

bearman10
4 hours ago, TheLastChord said:

Pretty much. This is a non issue. He's free to to believe in whatever he wants and to attend whatever church he wants. He's not using HIS voice to spout anti gay agenda or anything similar, which is all I care about. 

And I also don't support this anti church narrative going on in the last few months, because you're judging HUGE amounts of people based on generalizations, which is exactly what they did to us. This is why this idiotic sjw cruzade will end up being counterproductive at the end of the day, because the only thing that it will accomplish is bitterness and resentment from both sides.

preach.