Chris Pratt defends Hillsong against anti-gay claims

110 posts in this topic

DAP

Chris Pratt is speaking out to defends his church after Ellen Page claimed that the church holds anti-LGBTQ beliefs.

The Oscar-nominated actress criticized Stephen Colbert for letting Chris talk about his religious beliefs on The Late Show, but for not questioning him about the church’s alleged views on LGBTQ people.

“It has recently been suggested that i belong to a church which ‘hates people’ and is ‘infamously anti-LGBTQ.’ Nothing could be further from the truth. I go to a church that opens their doors to absolutely everyone,” Chris wrote in a lengthy message on his Instagram Stories.

“Despite what the Bible says about divorce my church community was there for me every step of the way, never judging, just gracefully accompanying me on my walk,” Chris continued. “They helped me tremendously offering love and support. It is what I have seen them do for others on countless occasions regardless of sexual orientation, race or gender.”

Chris added, "My faith is important to me but no church defines me or my life, and I am not a spokesman for any church or group of people. My values define who I am. We need less hate in this world, not more. I am a man who believes that everyone is entitled to love who they want free from the judgement of their fellow man.”

"Jesus said 'I give you a new command, love one another.' This is what guides me in my life. He is a God of Love, Acceptance, and Forgiveness. Hate has no place in my or this world," he concluded

http://www.justjared.com/2019/02/11/chris-pratt-defends-his-church-after-anti-lgbtq-claims/

Hmmm thots?

KhoKFiF.gif

mokitsu

the receipts say otherwise. sorry but it's electric chair for captain america

KhoKFiF.gif

SelenaTheWinner

People just love to hate... especially online. 

nicholasisweird

...keep saying it. just keep saying it. keep saying it out loud and maybe you'll convince......... hope.

.......cause you won't be convincing anybody else so dream on. 

DAP
1 minute ago, mokitsu said:

KhoKFiF.gif

Wrong Chris henny

KhoKFiF.gif

Emerson

Not exactly a rousing statement of support for the LGBTQ community. 

Gui Blackout

Why you didn't include the rest of the quote?

Chris added, "My faith is important to me but no church defines me or my life, and I am not a spokesman for any church or group of people. My values define who I am. We need less hate in this world, not more. I am a man who believes that everyone is entitled to love who they want free from the judgement of their fellow man.”

"Jesus said 'I give you a new command, love one another.' This is what guides me in my life. He is a God of Love, Acceptance, and Forgiveness. Hate has no place in my or this world," he concluded

Great response :clap3:

Mtjjproducer
2 minutes ago, mokitsu said:

KhoKFiF.gif

Isn’t Chris Evans caption America???

SoulKiwi
5 minutes ago, mokitsu said:

KhoKFiF.gif

That’s Chris Evans sis

KhoKFiF.gif

OT: Sure Jan, electric chair!

DAP
1 minute ago, Gui Blackout said:

Why you didn't post the rest of the quote?

Chris added, "My faith is important to me but no church defines me or my life, and I am not a spokesman for any church or group of people. My values define who I am. We need less hate in this world, not more. I am a man who believes that everyone is entitled to love who they want free from the judgement of their fellow man.”

Great response :clap3:

Oop. JustJared must have edited it because I didn’t see that part in the post. 

KhoKFiF.gif

Flynn

Do I Love Gay People? by Hillsong's founder Brian Houston.

I also live by my own convictions, and hold to traditional Christian thought on gay lifestyles and gay marriage. I do believe God’s word is clear that marriage is between a man and a woman. The writings of the apostle Paul in scripture on the subject of homosexuality are also clear, as I have mentioned in previous public statements.

Hillsong Church welcomes ALL people but does not affirm all lifestyles. Put clearly, we do not affirm a gay lifestyle and because of this we do not knowingly have actively gay people in positions of leadership, either paid or unpaid. I recognise this one statement alone is upsetting to people on both sides of this discussion, which points to the complexity of the issue for churches all over the world.

Yeah, I think that says it all.

Jynx

Hus church was probably there for him after his divorce because he has money and fame. :lipton:

Divine
9 minutes ago, mokitsu said:

KhoKFiF.gif

wrong Avenger :celestial5:

Captain America is a non-problematic liberal (and way hotter than Pratt).

Divine
1 minute ago, Jynx said:

Hus church was probably there for him after his divorce because he has money and fame. :lipton:

The church discourages divorce in most circumstances, but doesn't shun people who have gotten them.

The Catholic Church may be more strict about it, but as far as I know, most Protestant denominations aren't.

TheLastChord
8 minutes ago, SelenaTheWinner said:

People just love to hate... especially online. 

Pretty much. This is a non issue. He's free to to believe in whatever he wants and to attend whatever church he wants. He's not using HIS voice to spout anti gay agenda or anything similar, which is all I care about. 

And I also don't support this anti church narrative going on in the last few months, because you're judging HUGE amounts of people based on generalizations, which is exactly what they did to us. This is why this idiotic sjw cruzade will end up being counterproductive at the end of the day, because the only thing that it will accomplish is bitterness and resentment from both sides.

citizen

He believes in killing animals for fun. So he can rot in hell.

And, all he is is a below-average actor who suddenly got abs. 

SelenaTheWinner
Just now, TheLastChord said:

Pretty much. This is a non issue. He's free to to believe in whatever he wants and to attend whatever church he wants. He's not using HIS voice to spout anti gay agenda or anything similar, which is all I care about. 

And I also don't support this anti church narrative going on in the last few months, because you're judging HUGE amounts of people based on generalizations, which is exactly what they did to us. This is why this idiotic sjw cruzade will end up being counterproductive at the end of the day, because the only thing that it will accomplish is bitterness and resentment from both sides.

Yep. 

citizen
3 minutes ago, TheLastChord said:

Um, there's a huge difference between judging people for being gay, and judging people for raping children and causing centuries of horrific pain. Your comments are ridiclous and extremely ill-thought out. Try again.

citizen
1 minute ago, SelenaTheWinner said:

Yep. 

Nope.