Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

10 posts in this topic

I dont know too much about her but i love her personality :gaycat4: :heart2:

Is Cardi a Black Woman?Latina? She looks racially ambiguous? Whats her race? ethnicity? :huh:

Is ha core audience Black or Latino? :devil:

Educate me.

Thank u.

kiss 💋

8FMSSDa.jpg

Xoxo

She’s mixed race like so many Latino’s it’s not that hard to figure out :ace:

Repeat with me:  Latin is not a skin color

she's black and latina

like she's part DR part trini. both countries are super mixed. most dominicans and trinis are at least half black

a lot of people with caribbean ancestry are super mixed to a point where even someone that "looks" south asian could be like half african in reality :deadbanana2: non-caribbeans struggle with this sh*t all the time. as a caribbean who is also a bit mixed myself it's so hilarious to see americans try to decode caribbean ethnic identity

Cardi B is tired of others discussing her cultural background. When the "Bodak Yellow" rapper was interviewed by Zendaya for CR Fashion Book, the two discussed her goals for 2018, how her life has changed has since the fame, and how she feels when others attempt to define her culture by dissecting her features.

"One thing that always bothers me is that people know so little about my culture. We are Caribbean people. And a lot of people be attacking me because they feel like I don’t be saying that I’m black." she told Zendaya. "Some people want to decide if you’re black or not, depending on your skin complexion, because they don’t understand Caribbean people or our culture."

"I don’t got to tell you that I’m black. I expect you to know it," she added. In the past, the rapper has been called out for only identifying as Latinx instead of explicitly owning her blackness. However, in her interview with Zendaya, she made it clear that she does identify as black, and she wants people to stop correlating her race and ethnicity with her physical features.

TRENDING NOW

Best Friend Tag with Zendaya and Zink Coleman

Afro-Latina identity is a topic that has been questioned repeatedlyin the beauty space. For instance, vlogger Monica Veloz (AKA, MonicaStyle Muse), who identifies as Afro-Latina was called out in her comments for "being way too dark to be Hispanic." In response, she created a vlog stating that identifying as Latina doesn’t negate her blackness. A similar situation occurred when Love and Hip Hop Miami star Amara La Negra found herself having to defend her natural hair and brown skin after a music producer asked Amara if she "identifies as Afro-Latina because she's African or wears an Afro."

Cardi also told the publication that European countries took over the Caribbean, but she still identifies with her African roots. "I expect people to understand that just because we’re not African-American, we are still black. It’s still in our culture." she said. "I hate when people try to take my roots from me. Because we know that there’s African roots inside of us."

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/cardi-b-opens-up-to-zendaya-about-her-cultural-identity

28 minutes ago, eaucitronnée said:

she's black and latina

like she's part DR part trini. both countries are super mixed. most dominicans and trinis are at least half black

a lot of people with caribbean ancestry are super mixed to a point where even someone that "looks" south asian could be like half african in reality :deadbanana2: non-caribbeans struggle with this sh*t all the time. as a caribbean who is also a bit mixed myself it's so hilarious to see americans try to decode caribbean ethnic identity

27 minutes ago, Navyofbadgals said:

Both

23 minutes ago, Callisto. said:

Cardi B is tired of others discussing her cultural background. When the "Bodak Yellow" rapper was interviewed by Zendaya for CR Fashion Book, the two discussed her goals for 2018, how her life has changed has since the fame, and how she feels when others attempt to define her culture by dissecting her features.

"One thing that always bothers me is that people know so little about my culture. We are Caribbean people. And a lot of people be attacking me because they feel like I don’t be saying that I’m black." she told Zendaya. "Some people want to decide if you’re black or not, depending on your skin complexion, because they don’t understand Caribbean people or our culture."

"I don’t got to tell you that I’m black. I expect you to know it," she added. In the past, the rapper has been called out for only identifying as Latinx instead of explicitly owning her blackness. However, in her interview with Zendaya, she made it clear that she does identify as black, and she wants people to stop correlating her race and ethnicity with her physical features.

TRENDING NOW

Best Friend Tag with Zendaya and Zink Coleman

Afro-Latina identity is a topic that has been questioned repeatedlyin the beauty space. For instance, vlogger Monica Veloz (AKA, MonicaStyle Muse), who identifies as Afro-Latina was called out in her comments for "being way too dark to be Hispanic." In response, she created a vlog stating that identifying as Latina doesn’t negate her blackness. A similar situation occurred when Love and Hip Hop Miami star Amara La Negra found herself having to defend her natural hair and brown skin after a music producer asked Amara if she "identifies as Afro-Latina because she's African or wears an Afro."

Cardi also told the publication that European countries took over the Caribbean, but she still identifies with her African roots. "I expect people to understand that just because we’re not African-American, we are still black. It’s still in our culture." she said. "I hate when people try to take my roots from me. Because we know that there’s African roots inside of us."

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/cardi-b-opens-up-to-zendaya-about-her-cultural-identity

Thanks for bringing awareness :gaycat4: Im woke and educated now :gaycat3: