If Cardi isn’t Black, then nicki isn’t either

126 posts in this topic

IndieKid

I just tune out people who pull the "Cardi's noT bLaCK" card. It's only an argument you see on stan Twitter anyway; the GP (or anyone with sense) doesn't care. She looks black and she's a part of black culture. Don't use race as a secret Pokemon card because you're really just PRESSED at her success - that's NASTY. The whole world sees Cardi for what she is: a talented, down-to-earth BLACK LATIN WOMAN who makes bops...and there's nothing you hating-ass warthogs can do about it.

Green
3 hours ago, @michael said:

Cardi B is obviously a black woman. Black Latinos exist, believe it or not!

Basically this.

It seems like for some people Black Latinos don't exist :rip: 

Kool_Aid_King
12 minutes ago, Callisto. said:

What are you talking about when people say they are black they don't mean only black. Majority of African American's aren't only black

Cardi has said she is mixed with African, European etc., 

Cardi really isn't as dumb as y'all portray her. Everything y'all claim she hasn't done or said regarding her ethnicity she has said it.

The girls love to play games because their Queen of rap and a few idiots on twitter 

Shoto Todoroki

Cardi didn’t even identify as a black Woman till a few years ago....

Hi_im_new

A bunch of non blacks having a group thesis on blackness....

Amenemhat
47 minutes ago, Shoto Todoroki said:

Cardi didn’t even identify as a black Woman till a few years ago....

Precisely.

In her Vlad interview she is asked about her use of the n word and compared to Jennifer Lopez, she then went on to list her family tree and describe it as mixed (spaniard, african and indigenous). At no point did she stop Vlad and say she’s was black woman, at best she said she had some black in her, well so does Demi Lovato. That doesn’t mean anything. 

She then went onto say that it doesn’t matter because white people see all minorities the same, which is basically making the case of “political blackness” which is NOT the same thing as being black. That is the same thing south Asians tried in the UK. And that can’t run.

HïFidelity
On 2/11/2019 at 6:05 PM, Pink Matter said:

I don't see how saying if you don't look black then you're not black doesn't make sense but okay. I mean if you think someone like Paula Patton's son can claim blackness then by all means :michael: 

Edit: Also, I'm not sure how someone can claim blackness without looking black. The two seem intertwined to me but maybe I'm missing something.

You are. Some leaders of the civil rights who identified and was known only as Black (IE Walter Francis White, who led the NAACP) almost appeared white and could pass as white but never identified as such. You couldn’t disqualify or discount their Blackness if you want to.

It’s actually quite complex, because what if Paula Patton’s son did call himself black, then what? You could criticize it but it actually wouldn’t matter much.

Frozens
On 2/11/2019 at 1:14 PM, Sinister said:

Yall dumb as ****. Nicki was born and raised in Trinidad. She is and has always been black.

Yall are so dumb

Nicki is mixed, she always bragging about her dad being Indian and her Japanese great grandfather. Trinidad is just a geographical place anyway

Frozens
On 2/11/2019 at 2:26 PM, yonsé said:

this is a disgusting post.

she IS a black woman and has claimed her blackness for decades. are y'all kidding me with this colorist bullsh*t? in front of all these white people? embarrassing.

reverse colorism isn't a real thing lmao, colorism only affects dark skin people is a negative way. Mariah is white because she's white passing

Lights and Waves
On 2/11/2019 at 7:18 PM, luckythisway said:

Just read this whole thread and I can't believe this is a statement.... :biblio:  Cardi is clearly black and going by your logic, Mariah is whiter than her even though her dad is darker than both of Cardi's parents. Africa is such a big country you don't think that there are genetic variations around the continent? Like look at her, I take one look at her and I can tell she is Latina and black. 

cardib.png

How do the Barbs see photos like this and still claim Cardi isn’t black? :deadbanana4:

Aram

Why you are so serious about being black or not?

Isn't that racist? we should just appreciate ourselves.

Domination

It’s always rich to see Barbz saying Cardi isn’t black when Nicki herself, a light skinned woman of mixed heritage, came into the game calling Lil’ Kim, a darker skinned woman who is indisputably African American, a “nappy headed” monkey.

dussymob

The same people in this thread claiming people like Halsey and Cardi are not black are the same people trolling about Ariana Grande being a POC. I’m leaving this site soon. It’s a waste of a real ***** time....

getBusy
On 2/11/2019 at 7:52 PM, IndieKid said:

I just tune out people who pull the "Cardi's noT bLaCK" card. It's only an argument you see on stan Twitter anyway; the GP (or anyone with sense) doesn't care. She looks black and she's a part of black culture. Don't use race as a secret Pokemon card because you're really just PRESSED at her success - that's NASTY. The whole world sees Cardi for what she is: a talented, down-to-earth BLACK LATIN WOMAN who makes bops...and there's nothing you hating-ass warthogs can do about it.

so much this

and btw i couldn't care less about Cardi or her success, but this whole 'she aint black' story is stupid

hooligan2011
On 2/12/2019 at 10:03 AM, Amenemhat said:

Precisely.

In her Vlad interview she is asked about her use of the n word and compared to Jennifer Lopez, she then went on to list her family tree and describe it as mixed (spaniard, african and indigenous). At no point did she stop Vlad and say she’s was black woman, at best she said she had some black in her, well so does Demi Lovato. That doesn’t mean anything. 

She then went onto say that it doesn’t matter because white people see all minorities the same, which is basically making the case of “political blackness” which is NOT the same thing as being black. That is the same thing south Asians tried in the UK. And that can’t run.

You are sounding more and more racist to me as this thread progresses.

Kassi

People need to stop!

Cardi is mixed race, but just as “black” as other mixed race African American celebs. The fact that she’s Hispanic too means that the boat her black ancestors came in landed further south. That’s it. 

Roman Holiday

Halsey and Mariah are white women. 

Cardi is black. 

6_INCH_HEELS

Even if Cardi isn't part black, so what? Latinos help cultivate the hip hop movement. Its just as much Cardi's culture as it is Nicki's. Her statement has always been ignorant and biased, simply because Cardi is succeeding where she isn't.

Keith

I was shocked when I learned she had latino blood. I thought she was a straight up black american.

JoshSpears1805
On 2/11/2019 at 8:57 PM, toxicLambBot said:

That’s stupid. Let’s say wentworth Miller and alicia keys had a baby, is that baby not black? They are both biracial it just happened their phenotype favors their white side but their genotype is still mixed. Lots of people in the Caribbean have black ancestors, just because they may not look it doesn’t negate their ancestry. 

no, because its 3/4 white therefore white 

JoshSpears1805
Just now, toxicLambBot said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-drop_rule

educate yourself. The discrimination people went through. Just read about it. 

the one drop rule applies to the KKK, are you suggesting the usa should still use racist systems to categorise people/ also I am from the uk where mixed race people are not black 

toxicLambBot
1 minute ago, JoshSpears1805 said:

the one drop rule applies to the KKK, are you suggesting the usa should still use racist systems to categorise people/ also I am from the uk where mixed race people are not black 

Applies to the kkk?? Did u know it was the law and enforced? Blacks were not allowed to vote, we’re not permitted the same civil rights as whites regardless of how white you can pass. But you’re from the uk, why try to talk about something you know NOTHING about. Again READ. Did you know segregation was a thing??   

Cosmo

RACE AND ETHNICITY ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS.

CARDI CAN BE BOTH HISPANIC AND BLACK.