4 new main pop girls.

64 posts in this topic

JBJT2786
1 hour ago, PoisonPill said:

If you can’t understand how I Like It is a pop song in every sense, I’m not sure what to say. Pop music is intersectional, a song can be both Latin and pop, both urban and pop.

I Like It is literally  classified  as Latin trap...please look it up. The sample it's even using isnt even classified  as pop, its Boogaloo  or Latin R&B. So at most its  Latin R&B  with trap rap elements. Its insulting to Latino people you call a Latin Trap song  pop. :rip:

Cardi...again...is not...a.. POP girl.

PoisonPill
1 hour ago, JBJT2786 said:

I Like It is literally  classified  as Latin trap...please look it up. The sample it's even using isnt even classified  as pop, its Boogaloo  or Latin R&B. So at most its  Latin R&B  with trap rap elements. Its insulting to Latino people you call a Latin Trap song  pop. :rip:

Cardi...again...is not...a.. POP girl.

I don’t think most of us define pop girls by such literal genre specifications. A pop girl is a female artist who embodies the qualities and appeal of a popstar in not just chart topping hits but image, fashion, performance, cultural presence and impact, relevance to gay culture etc. In that sense, I believe that Cardi is seen by most as a “pop girl.”

Miles.

Cardi is not pop. 

Dua is not main. 

Ari and Halsey yes. 

Kkamjong

CLC's song is #497 on Melon. The Show is the pits

Legendairy

I get the sense of Cardi being a main pop girl. Some girls just for the literal meaning pop = pop music. Cardi has a pop girl aura, that’s the thing. However she’s still in her first era, but she’s very promising, I give her th

Cardi and Ariana for sure. They’re slowly entering larger than life status, Ariana for some years now actually, like how Katy Gaga Riri and Taylor are. Halsey and Dua, they have hit songs, that’s it. :cm:

JBJT2786
1 hour ago, PoisonPill said:

I don’t think most of us define pop girls by such literal genre specifications. A pop girl is a female artist who embodies the qualities and appeal of a popstar in not just chart topping hits but image, fashion, performance, cultural presence and impact, relevance to gay culture etc. In that sense, I believe that Cardi is seen by most as a “pop girl.”

That's cute and all but since your initial post was basing it on hits....you're still wrong. 

Legendairy

I get the sense of Cardi being a main pop girl. Some girls just for the literal meaning pop = pop music. Cardi has a pop girl aura, that’s the thing, people do talk about her one way or another. However she’s still in her first era, but she’s very promising, I give her th

Cardi and Ariana for sure. They’re slowly entering larger than life status, Ariana for some years now actually, like how Katy Gaga Rand Taylor are. Halsey and Dua, they have hit songs, that’s it. :cm:

alfonso12

Ariana is, Cardi might become one with her next album, Halsey and Dua are on their way but not yet there.

On 2/11/2019 at 3:48 PM, Rei said:

Halsey is the only main popgirl out of those.

Cardi is a main rapgirl.

Ariana and Dua are meme popgirls.

Halsey is a main pop girl but Ariana isn't? imagine being this delusional :lmao: wouldn't have expected more from you though. :gaycat4:

Blank
7 hours ago, Iceland said:

tea 

all her singles post new rules were hits in my country. I hear one kiss and electricity  every time when I’m in the disco :duca:

Me too, we love a main pop girl who made it to 2019 :duca:

alfonso12

Btw I wonder if those who think Halsey is a main pop girl are from the US, cause she's almost a non-factor outside North America. Without me is literally her first solo top 10 hit in most of Europe and Oceania. :rip: