Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Nicki shades BETs + drops out of concert

97 posts in this topic

BET deserves backslash from this :cm: they're doing what they should be fighting against. Mocking black women and celebrating their losses.

They gave Nicki several awards back to back for 7 years straight, but the minute other female rappers show up (Remy & Cardi), they want to flip the script and start dragging her because it's popular. No wonder high profile black artists pay them dust. :cm:

4 minutes ago, Navyofbadgals said:

This is what bothered me too :shakeno:

i legit do not understand why people say cardi isn’t black when like 3/4ths of the DR’s population alone is of mixed ethnicity .... like yes she has obvious latinx roots and maybe even more closely identifies with those roots than any others , but it’s damn near impossible to say she does not have any “black” in her genealogy with the amount of cultural mixing that went on in the caribbean region due to colonialism / the slave trade being basically run out of santo domingo

it makes nicki look so gross and desperate

2 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

Nicki is so pressed she can't even hide it

giphy.gif

How is she pressed when she was insulted. Y’all so dumb :skull: 

26 minutes ago, dwennz said:

i like her response. why would BET say that...

fax:clap3:it wasn't smart for BET to do that. 

I would pay to be in the room when the social media intern got called in to answer for that tweet. That being said, that second cap in her tweet is ****ing stupid, you can be black and Latina.

1 minute ago, Superpower said:

They already had Cardi iirc. Nicki & Young Money on Saturday. Cardi and the Migos on Sunday. They didn’t win anything. This is embarrassing, even Nicki haters should side with her. BET will probably turn on Cardi when the next girl blow up

i wont side with a woman who is dating a rapist and killer she deserves all the draggings she gets. You can do whatever you want :michael:

This 50 year old going through all the comments on the BET instagram and taking screenshot after screenshot  :bibliahh:

7 minutes ago, KingBeyonce. said:

Yeah, I think it was on 106&Park. Karrueche made a joke about Blue's hair. I don't remember it word for word but you can guess that it was not a nice comment. 

6 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

They made a joke about her hair a few years ago on 106&Park. it had to go on hiatus then got canceled :skull: 

--

tweeting a pic of the writer is really mean and inflammatory because she knows her stans are going to eviscerate the poor woman who is probably making like 40k a year and just trying to do her job :skull: but i get she wants to stand up for herself.

Mess :rip: 106&Park was on their last leg anyway, so it's nice they shot themselves in the foot :cm: trash!

2 minutes ago, Superpower said:

How is she pressed when she was insulted. Y’all so dumb :skull: 

cause her ignorant ass tried it with the "cardi is not black" shade. she could've dragged BET without, once again, trying to erase/define another woman's identity. why is that so hard to understand? :skull:

Bet was tasteless for that. Cårdi didn’t mention nicki so why is her name in Bet mouth?

In the end it’s foe the best

rumors have been that many in the crew are difficult behind the scenes so bet probably feels the end of the young money era is here and can easily find replacements 

that said, still foul for being that shady.

i think nicki must have pissed off people behind the scenes for them to do her that dirty 

2 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

This 50 year old going through all the comments on the BET instagram and taking screenshot after screenshot  :bibliahh:

:rip:

6 minutes ago, Stepfon said:

Here we go with the "black woman" card that Nicki loves to pull every time something doesn't go her way. But, it wasn't smart for BET to do this at all.

Except it’s 100% valid. BET is supposed to champion black artists, not tear them down or pit them against each other.

This is one those rare cases when Nicki is 100% right on everything. 

why is she attacking Cardi and her identity when BET the ones that came at her? she stay being tragic as hell.

2 minutes ago, slw84 said:

i think nicki must have pissed off people behind the scenes for them to do her that dirty 

Don’t try to find justifications, BET is just trash. That’s it. 

why is she coming for Latinos though? does she not know you can be Latino and black? 

Oh wow guess you can only be a WOC if you're black :biblio:

7 minutes ago, qurl said:

i legit do not understand why people say cardi isn’t black when like 3/4ths of the DR’s population alone is of mixed ethnicity .... like yes she has obvious latinx roots and maybe even more closely identifies with those roots than any others , but it’s damn near impossible to say she does not have any “black” in her genealogy with the amount of cultural mixing that went on in the caribbean region due to colonialism / the slave trade being basically run out of santo domingo

it makes nicki look so gross and desperate

I mean you just have to look at her, she clearly has black ancestry. Thats like saying Ozuna is LaTino but not black. But dont even bother with these morons

5 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

:deadbanana4:

9 minutes ago, Reza said:

i wont side with a woman who is dating a rapist and killer she deserves all the draggings she gets. You can do whatever you want :michael:

So just because Nicki is dating someone who has already served his time in jail, it’s open season to treat her like a piece of wet dog poop? Got it!

7 minutes ago, Judas Bertha said:

cause her ignorant ass tried it with the "cardi is not black" shade. she could've dragged BET without, once again, trying to erase/define another woman's identity. why is that so hard to understand? :skull:

You’re more upset about Nicki reposting screenshots than BET actually insulting Cardi. I hope you keep this energy when that trash network shades Cardi. 

4 minutes ago, Joyride said:

why is she coming for Latinos though? does she not know you can be Latino and black? 

not sure if she has any latino fans left. but that wasnt smart

She really tweeted a pic of the writer? :rip: 

This woman is pushing 50. 

6 minutes ago, Superpower said:

Don’t try to find justifications, BET is just trash. That’s it. 

Girl you don’t know me.

there is no justification but there is a history which leads to why I think they are ok with ending ties with them. Theyll probably put out some nonsense pr statement apologizing but in the end. I don’t think they feel the need to appease young money crew that are difficult behind the scenes and don’t alway show up when they claim to at their events 

its just a ln unprofessional way of handling it.