BET shades Nicki, Young Money pulling out of BET Experience

57 posts in this topic

Kim Kardashian

She has a fair point with the first screenshot.

Gross how she was loyal to BET for a long time and now they are bandwagoning hate.

But this 'Cardi isn't black' thing is not it.

Cheers

Kii @ Nicki and the Barbz attacking Bardi for being a "latina" and not black. This is why so many Latinos don't know/claim being black. 

Orpheus

BET has been dragging black artists though, tbh

However, she/they are well within their right to pull out. Not sure they'll be missed though 

Divine

I hate Nicki as much as the rest of y'all do right now, but honestly? Good for her. BET played themselves clowning her like that when she was lined up to perform for their sh*t. Some social media intern who thought they were being cute is getting fired today.

Hallucinogen

She’s pushing 50 crying and posting other people’s pics just because they posted something mean 

Caesar

Latinos are literally mixed race :deadbanana2:

Barbz do y'all want Latinos to embrace their blackness or?

Bimbo

Coming for Cardi for being latina lmao this washed bitch always the victim in her mind.

Cap10Planet

It was very unprofessional of BET. However, she needs to stop this "she's not even black" shtick against Cardi, especially when she bleached her skin and wore a Barbie blond wig just to make herself appealing to the masses.

WeFoundTrouble
2 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Latinos are literally mixed race :deadbanana2:

Barbz do y'all want Latinos to embrace their blackness or?

There is an anti-black stigma that a lot of Latinos carry. A lot of cardi’s fans would never support a black artist, they only support Cardi because she is blatina. 

mokitsu

nicki being disgusting by erasing cardi's blackness :coffee2: 

Jimmy.

Good for her. 

I have no idea what BET were trying to do by dragging an artist who THEY booked to headline a show. 

Fenrir

Good for her for sticking up for herself. :clap3: 

BET was wrong for shading her when she’s been nothing but good to them over the years. 

Caesar
1 minute ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

There is an anti-black stigma that a lot of Latinos carry. A lot of cardi’s fans would never support a black artist, they only support Cardi because she is blatina. 

This lie :rip:

BarbFatale

Bless her heart she’s still trying it with the “ShE iS nOt bLaCk” :lmao:

Making herself look pressed and stupid af

PrettyHurts

I don’t blame her tbh, that’s a really gross thing for BET to tweet

Divine
4 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

There are a lot of people who have no clue Cardi is Latina. And it's not a colorism issue because she's just as light-skinned as Nicki.

Weed
12 minutes ago, Cheers said:

Kii @ Nicki and the Barbz attacking Bardi for being a "latina" and not black. This is why so many Latinos don't know/claim being black. 

Girl, what? No it's not :skull:

WeFoundTrouble
1 minute ago, Caesar said:

It’s not a lie. My dad is Mexican American, my mom is African American. I get an insightful perspective in my daily life that maybe some others don’t get the privilege of seeing. I’m not saying my word is the end-all-be-all by any means, but you can’t seriously believe the majority of Hispanic/latinx people who like Cardi are gonna go support Saweetie or Angel Haze or any other BLACK rappers. It’s not just an anti-Nicki thing, it’s an anti-black stigma that needs to be dealt with in the community.

FutureHive
3 minutes ago, Caesar said:

a new excuse everyday. i thought Atlantic bought her fans?

Floraholique
7 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

That's a lie and you know it

WeFoundTrouble
2 minutes ago, Floraholique said:

That's a lie and you know it

Sorry, maybe phrased wrong. They’re not supporting her BECAUSE she is Latina but they are more open to supporting her because she isn’t a (Non-Latinx) black woman.

Anvarie

I mean what did they expect? Could you imagine if BET made that same tweet about Beyoncé if Rihanna won a Grammy? The lashings would be even more severe :cm: