How was Alicia Keys as the host?

41 posts in this topic

Victon
10 hours ago, Summerboy said:

How many times she said she was a 15x Grammy winner?

TABS

Beatfreak

Best awards show host of the decade and they must have her back next year. I’m completely serious, she brought life to the hosting duties and kept the show moving. She inspired all night long and just embodies what the whole night is about: the love of music.

Cheetos

I enjoyed watching her. She’s extremely talented and should be more appreciated 

fanoftalent

She did great. If you’ve seen her on The Voice, she’s very thoughtful and articulate, so she was a good choice to host the Grammys. Plus she has talent. 

Her bragging in a couple of moments was a bit unnecessary, but that was forgiveable coming from someone talented. 

BeyoncéFlicks

She was clumsy and nervous. I liked her presentation better in 2013 (?) during the BlackBerry keynote. Her Grammys outfit (especially the head cap thingy), made her look like an Indian hotdog vendor in some rural area in Wisconsin. :skull: 

Ghost

She was great. Her medley performance was unbelievable.

umich

She served me lesbian aunt vibes all night and I was here for it.

Meowster

She came off as cool, calm, and collected which is the opposite of what most hosts go for today. I thought that it worked very well. The section of her playing a bunch of songs could have came off as self-indulgent but it worked and brought about a sweet and intimate appeal to her hosting gig. The production of the actual show (with all of those terrible commercial breaks and early reentries) is another topic. 

infrared

great. I think her hosting is great one time but not like an every year thing.

PrettyHurts

She was great and they really should keep her. A breath of fresh air from the tryhard crap we usually get from hosts 

@michael

She tried to make the night all about her.

Thinking Of You

She was great. She kept the show alive and kept it moving. Much better than hosts joking and grasping for viral moments. We want to see her again next year. 

1 hour ago, BeyoncéFlicks said:

especially the head cap thingy

The Caucasity :toofunny3:

IndieKid

She started off a lil awkward, but as it went on she killed it. Absolutely killed it. Because of Alicia, that was the only Grammys show I remember. I want her to host every year. It was like eating peanut M&Ms for the first time. You're OH **** this is my ****, but then you remember what regular M&Ms taste like, and you realize peanut M&Ms aren't as great. So the next time you eat peanut M&Ms it's just okay...but as you keep popping the peanut M&Ms in your mouth, and the chocolate is melting on your tongue from your hot ass breath you realize...WOW, I really ****ing like peanut M&Ms. That's what Alicia Keys was like at the Grammys.

Blessed, IndieKid 

funnychick
9 hours ago, BeyoncéFlicks said:

She was clumsy and nervous. I liked her presentation better in 2013 (?) during the BlackBerry keynote. Her Grammys outfit (especially the head cap thingy), made her look like an Indian hotdog vendor in some rural area in Wisconsin. :skull: 

Imagine stanning Beyonce 'black empowerment' Knowles-Carter and saying this. :skull: The white jumped out.

Park Jinyoung

She was great. She brought a nice energy to the awards and it felt like an event centered around music and performing. Her bit with John Mayer was super cute, one of the highlights to me. They should have her next year.