Condolences to our New Zealand & Muslim members affected by the Christchurch mosque shootings Read more... ×

142 posts in this topic

Ryann
10 hours ago, Bacardi said:

Tupac never won a grammy but is still praised above all the rappers after him that outsold him and got many grammys. Nicki's still a legend that paved the way for Cardi this decade, sorry

Image result for nicki minaj atrl gif

did you just compare Tupac to Nicki :rip: 

cypriotpcdfan
26 minutes ago, getback said:

Cardi will never be in Nicki spot because

1. she doesn't make beefs with the veterans, beside that one sided feud coming from Nicki. 

2. she's far more successful and acclaimed within a year. when she falls from popularity like everyone else, she won't stoop to Nicki level

3. she has the advantage of being regarded as inspirational, relatable and humble - none of those traits Nicki has. unless her personality changes big time, she will be fine and won't be the butt of the joke when she falls like Nicki

1. SO FAR. She's been the 'it' girl for about a year...

2. No she's not :rip:  Three #1's and a Grammy don't erase 10 years of success

3. That's her persona. And if it's one thing y'all should know about the industry is that it loves to build artists up only to bring them down

24 minutes ago, cherrygoddess said:

I think people are passionate about it because she did the exact same thing to Lil Kim and tried to erase her and then the other stories about her and other female rappers so it’s almost like a karma kind of thing. 

I mean, true. But I guarantee you, Cardi will probably be in a similar spot to Nicki in less than 5 years. That's my prediction. 

cherrygoddess
15 minutes ago, cypriotpcdfan said:

1. SO FAR. She's been the 'it' girl for about a year...

2. No she's not :rip:  Three #1's and a Grammy don't erase 10 years of success

3. That's her persona. And if it's one thing y'all should know about the industry is that it loves to build artists up only to bring them down

I mean, true. But I guarantee you, Cardi will probably be in a similar spot to Nicki in less than 5 years. That's my prediction. 

Cardi most definitely will, especially since there are so many females actually trying now and Cardi will probably end up signing a couple of female rappers, but she wont handle the situation like Nicki has.

El Chico
1 hour ago, getback said:

Cardi will never be in Nicki spot because

1. she doesn't make beefs with the veterans, beside that one sided feud coming from Nicki. 

2. she's far more successful and acclaimed within a year. when she falls from popularity like everyone else, she won't stoop to Nicki level

3. she has the advantage of being regarded as inspirational, relatable and humble - none of those traits Nicki has. unless her personality changes big time, she will be fine and won't be the butt of the joke when she falls like Nicki

1 hour ago, cherrygoddess said:

I think people are passionate about it because she did the exact same thing to Lil Kim and tried to erase her and then the other stories about her and other female rappers so it’s almost like a karma kind of thing. 

The weird thing is if you look at Nickis entire career the honey was planting the seeds to her own downfall from the minute she came into the scene. I mean to disrespect Lil Kim and everyother bitch from the very start by calling them old and worn out and self proclaiming herself as the new queen (not even with the proper stats) was a stupid move. Now people are paying her the same energy without remorse :michael:

iaintiffin
3 hours ago, FefeDobson said:

You are such a pesticide. stop bringing up your hasbeen fav. No one cares.

Yesss!!! Seethe boo boo, I know you must be mad :laugh:

FefeDobson
3 minutes ago, iaintiffin said:

Yesss!!! Seethe boo boo, I know you must be mad :laugh:

I’m not mad, I’m actually one of the few barbs who is actually very happy for Cardi and I think she worked hard to get her award. With that being said your obsessive fixitation with Nicki Minaj is weird and unhealthy. Also you’re hung up on a woman who hasn’t done anything interesting with her career in what? 15 years? Come on now. Stop talking about Kim all the time when she’s irrelevant. 

iaintiffin
Just now, FefeDobson said:

I’m not mad, I’m actually one of the few barbs who is actually very happy for Cardi and I think she worked hard to get her award. With that being said your obsessive fixitation with Nicki Minaj is weird and unhealthy. Also you’re hung up on a woman who hasn’t done anything interesting with her career in what? 15 years? Come on now. Stop talking about Kim all the time when she’s irrelevant. 

Nobody is hung up or obsessed with Nicki boo boo., she's an easy drag, its all ***** and giggles.

Drayb
10 hours ago, Shoto Todoroki said:

It’s sad that a predominantly black network like BET would slam another black artist in favor of the light bright flavor of the month ( with no visible black relatives) just because she’s the “it” girl of the moment when BET has always championed supporting black artist when other entertainment outlets didn’t :doc:  

They always shytted on Rihanna and that's why she doesn't deal with them so NOPE, BET has not always championed all people of color. Just the ones they like. 

Superpower
1 hour ago, Ryann said:

did you just compare Tupac to Nicki :rip: 

He did not. He’s telling you that just because you don’t have a Grammy or a Diamond album doesn’t mean your contributions get nullified. Jesus, the comprehension issues :rip: 

getback
44 minutes ago, El Chico said:

The weird thing is if you look at Nickis entire career the honey was planting the seeds to her own downfall from the minute she came into the scene. I mean to disrespect Lil Kim and everyother bitch from the very start by calling them old and worn out and self proclaiming herself as the new queen (not even with the proper stats) was a stupid move. Now people are paying her the same energy without remorse :michael:

cockiness brings you nowhere and karma is not a liar

honestly Nicki has so much talent and her selling out to pop is not that big of a deal imo, but people are just put off by her attitude, messiness and non-relatable persona

if she didn't make all the mistakes since the beginning of her career, her legacy is still intact by now and she's still much more liked

BSPEARSUK

Aren't the BET awards about celebrating black culture in music not pitting black artists against each other, especially female rappers 

Syňth
10 hours ago, Haburo said:

You’re delusional. The reason they are put against eachother is 100% down to Nicki Minaj’s doing. It’s her fault that she is irrelevant because, since Cardi B, people have been doing to Nicki Minaj what Nicki Minaj did to Lil’Kim. Nicki created this whole formula & whole fued. Cardi B was a fan. Nicki played herself. It’s not fans/media. It’s Nicki. She did this. Not ATRL or ET or People Magazine. Nicki.

#higherfurtherfaster

Nicki has absolutely tried to provoke cardi for a long time. But even more so, atlantic have been trying to take down Nicki for years.

Haburo
21 minutes ago, Syňth said:

Nicki has absolutely tried to provoke cardi for a long time. But even more so, atlantic have been trying to take down Nicki for years.

She’s done it for them.

#higherfurtherfaster

Z A R
On 2/11/2019 at 1:11 AM, Reza said:

We can but we can also laugh at tweets like this. Especially when they are posted on official twitter accounts for influential media stations. :cm:

Yeah it's funny that they did this, but it only blew up in BET's face and made Nicki a victim. Not every company can do what Wendy's does.