Condolences to our New Zealand & Muslim members affected by the Christchurch mosque shootings Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

JLo killing stage during her Motown tribute

126 posts in this topic

insomniac
6 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

@DanceAgain

I know you’re White but what are you failing to comprehend exactly?

Let’s have a genuine conversation...

Lopez’ performance was f*cking awful. Since when was MOTOWN ever about performing in leotards and/or gyrating on the stage?

Can you HONESTLY not see how people, namely Black people and those of the MOTOWN generation in particular, would be affected by this?

I hope at next years ‘Latin GRAMMY’s’ they call on Fantasia, Janelle Monae or Tinashe to do a tribute to Celia Cruz, Gloria Estefan or Shakira. Let’s also get Joe or Brian McKnight to tribute Luis Miguel and Marc Anthony while we’re at it and Sisqo to tribute Ricky Martin.

If they wanted to celebrate the history of the most important Black institution in Pop culture, why couldn’t they have at least used living Black artists who were a part of Motown, current Black Soul artists at that or at least non-Black artists whose music is predominantly Soul driven?

I didn’t see any Black singer tributing Dolly Parton during her segment.

I don’t see what’s so damn hard to understand! 

It was a hard SLAP in the face to Black artists and Black people! 

I get what you're saying. Do you hold JLo, Grammys or Berry Gordy (founder of Motown records, who handpicked JLo for the tribute) accountable for all of this? JLo is getting all the hate, but her performance in itself wasn't that bad. It's just that she wasn't the right person selected to represent the Motown and black community, but it's not like she did a terrible job. If you book Jennifer for ANY tribute, people shouldn't be surprised that the performance will have a JLo-style interpretation, which is what she did.

GoodGuyGoneGhetto
8 hours ago, DanceAgain said:

AND A ****ING GAIN JLO ISN'T WHITE..

STOP making it about race it's boring AF

She Slayed Your pressed. 

Of you pop :foxaylove2:

Typical White response.

I knew you wouldn’t understand or even try to at least understand.

How damn typical.

:toofunny2:

DanceAgain
5 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Typical White response.

I knew you wouldn’t understand or even try to at least understand.

How damn typical.

:toofunny2:

Typical white response.

:laugh:  says the black person who thinks Blacks can only perform black artists music..

Go complain to the Fcuking Grammy producers who Paid and booked JLo for the Job stop whining about it.

Ramooon

Please correct me, where I come from we don't have any black people, 

is there a rule in the US that says white person cannot cover black artists songs?

If so, what Jen did was wrong, but if not, what are you guys talking about, she did an amazing performance!

simplywohoo

I really felt my brain cells melting when I read those dumbasses trying to drag jlo for this :ahh:

She did AMAZING

SavagePapi
17 minutes ago, Ramooon said:

Please correct me, where I come from we don't have any black people, 

is there a rule in the US that says white person cannot cover black artists songs?

If so, what Jen did was wrong, but if not, what are you guys talking about, she did an amazing performance!

There is no rule. They're just looking for a reason to drag her because she isn't black, and they wanted someone with a stronger voice. :toofunny3:

But I guess white people are allowed to drag John Legend, Yolanda Adams, & Darius Rucker on February 17th when they perform at the Elvis Presley Tribute as well.

Like that's what we're doing now? It's just insane imo. :biblio:

GoodGuyGoneGhetto
8 hours ago, DanceAgain said:

Typical white response.

:laugh:  says the black person who thinks Blacks can only perform black artists music..

Go complain to the Fcuking Grammy producers who Paid and booked JLo for the Job stop whining about it.

Again...

Typical White response.

Imagining standing for “other” Black artists and this being your attitude.

Typical. 

DanceAgain
4 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Again...

Typical White response.

Imagining standing for “other” Black artists and this being your attitude.

Typical. 

Typical response thinking your entitled and no one who isn't black isn't aloud to touch black culture... 

Again it was a Tribute to a certain Music style get over it.

Madonna paid tribute to Prince (a black Funk artist) at the Grammys...

Beyonce (a African American released a Spanish language album) she also performed at the County music awards.

Gonna have a meltdown over them to

:toofunny3:

FreeXone

She KILLED IT. Everyone is just mad because she is not black.

Motown was loved by more than just black people. Jlo literally got famous off the backs of black artist. If you gonna stand with us, let her stand with us! I'm black and this **** is getting out of control.

And if a black artist wasnt to take time to learn spanish and tribute a spanish artist so be it! Celia Cruz at the end of the damn day is black her damn self!

FreeXone
4 hours ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

@DanceAgain

I know you’re White but what are you failing to comprehend exactly?

Let’s have a genuine conversation...

Lopez’ performance was f*cking awful. Since when was MOTOWN ever about performing in leotards and/or gyrating on the stage?

Can you HONESTLY not see how people, namely Black people and those of the MOTOWN generation in particular, would be affected by this?

I hope at next years ‘Latin GRAMMY’s’ they call on Fantasia, Janelle Monae or Tinashe to do a tribute to Celia Cruz, Gloria Estefan or Shakira. Let’s also get Joe or Brian McKnight to tribute Luis Miguel and Marc Anthony while we’re at it and Sisqo to tribute Ricky Martin.

If they wanted to celebrate the history of the most important Black institution in Pop culture, why couldn’t they have at least used living Black artists who were a part of Motown, current Black Soul artists at that or at least non-Black artists whose music is predominantly Soul driven?

I didn’t see any Black singer tributing Dolly Parton during her segment.

I don’t see what’s so damn hard to understand! 

It was a hard SLAP in the face to Black artists and Black people! 

For you to name Celia Cruz in your pitiful argument is laughable. She was a AFRO- latino. She was considered a black woman in the states during her time...so yes why couldn't black artist want to tribute her? And I hope you know there are many black latinos. So yes, you could very well see black spanish speaking people tribute LATIN ARTIST'S LMAO! Gloria Estefan's original band mates when she performed in Miami in her earlier years were some afro-cubans!!! 

JLO's success in the states is not for latin music, so your racism is clearly showing. She is famous for being an RNB-POP singer. The genre of which she got success for was off the backs of the people of Motown before her so why would she not be able to tribute them when her most famous genre of music is THAT DAMN GENRE! 

And you're mad she in a leotard? LMAO! I'm sure if Beyonce or Ciara got up there in a leotard you would not have given two ****s. Why? Because they are black.

Motown's success was not that it touched just black people but the WORLD. It gave black people a platform to let the world love them....of all colors!!! And lets not act the most famous women to come out of Motown was not the best singer herself, Diana sure and the hell was not vocal powerhhouse. So shut up and enjoy like I saw Barry Gordy do when I saw him in the audience.

GoodGuyGoneGhetto
8 hours ago, FreeXone said:

For you to name Celia Cruz in your pitiful argument is laughable. She was a AFRO- latino. She was considered a black woman in the states during her time...so yes why couldn't black artist want to tribute her? And I hope you know there are many black latinos. So yes, you could very well see black spanish speaking people tribute LATIN ARTIST'S LMAO! Gloria Estefan's original band mates when she performed in Miami in her earlier years were some afro-cubans!!! 

JLO's success in the states is not for latin music, so your racism is clearly showing. She is famous for being an RNB-POP singer. The genre of which she got success for was off the backs of the people of Motown before her so why would she not be able to tribute them when her most famous genre of music is THAT DAMN GENRE! 

And you're mad she in a leotard? LMAO! I'm sure if Beyonce or Ciara got up there in a leotard you would not have given two ****s. Why? Because they are black.

Motown's success was not that it touched just black people but the WORLD. It gave black people a platform to let the world love them....of all colors!!! And lets not act the most famous women to come out of Motown was not the best singer herself, Diana sure and the hell was not vocal powerhhouse. So shut up and enjoy like I saw Barry Gordy do when I saw him in the audience.

The fact that you’re “Black” (allegedly) and this is your response is comical.

Be gone, Co*n. I rebuke thee.

FreeXone
56 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

The fact that you’re “Black” (allegedly) and this is your response is comical.

Be gone, Co*n. I rebuke thee.

All you can rebuttal with is coon? LOL! The racism JUMPED OUT. You'd be mad if she didn't acknowledge the many black artist who have CLEARLY inspired her but when she does all you can focus on is that she is not black. You be gone small minded idiot.

DanceAgain
1 hour ago, FreeXone said:

11 minutes ago, FreeXone said:

All you can rebuttal with is coon? LOL! The racism JUMPED OUT. You'd be mad if she didn't acknowledge the many black artist who have CLEARLY inspired her but when she does all you can focus on is that she is not black. You be gone small minded idiot.

End her:worship2:

:clap3:

GoodGuyGoneGhetto
9 hours ago, FreeXone said:

Yes.

You’re absolutely correct. That is my primary rebuttal.

You are a Co*n. 

:michael:

The fact that you as an alleged “Black” individual fail to see why so many Black people, both young and old, are upset and infuriated over this is astounding. The lengths you’ve gone to make excuses for what many Black people are in uproar about is outright embarrassing also.

I see Uncle Tom, Aunt Jemima and Cousin Rufus calling you in the distance.Your weekly tap-dance lessons will be in session soon. 

FreeXone
14 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Yes.

You’re absolutely correct. That is my primary rebuttal.

You are a Co*n. 

:michael:

The fact that you as an alleged “Black” individual fail to see why so many Black people, both young and old, are upset and infuriated over this is astounding. The lengths you’ve gone to make excuses for what many Black people are in uproar about is outright embarrassing also.

I see Uncle Tom, Aunt Jemima and Cousin Rufus calling you in the distance.Your weekly tap-dance lessons will be in session soon. 

Don't lump MANY just because YOU feel like Motown can only be tributed by a black artist. I guess she should not have sung Teena Marie either since Teena was white? LMAO!

If Barry Gordy approved and a black legend like Smokie Robinson loved it and is not mad at it, why should you?. You fail to mention Alicia Keyes, Smokie Robinson and Neyo joined her? All you can focus on is her race. Why can't you appreciate the different spin on it and move on? Oh I know...RACISM. 

GoodGuyGoneGhetto
8 hours ago, FreeXone said:

Don't lump MANY just because YOU feel like Motown can only be tributed by a black artist. I guess she should not have sung Teena Marie either since Teena was white? LMAO!

If Barry Gordy approved and a black legend like Smokie Robinson loved it and is not mad at it, why should you?. You fail to mention Alicia Keyes, Smokie Robinson and Neyo joined her? All you can focus on is her race. Why can't you appreciate the different spin on it and move on? Oh I know...RACISM. 

If you actually read my original post you would see this (highlighted as follows):

“If they wanted to celebrate the history of the most important Black institution in Pop culture, why couldn’t they have at least used living Black artists who were a part of Motown, current Black Soul artists at that or at least non-Black artists whose music is predominantly Soul driven”?

Your remark about Teena Marie makes no sense considering she was a White artist whom Black people adored; she was a White artist whose music was predominantly based in the R&B/Soul/Funk traditions; she was a White artist whom was actually signed to Motown records for the vast majority of her career.

There is no correlation here as Black people would not have minded at all if she were the primary artist behind this tribute (if she were alive).

The same terms would apply if Jon.B, Average White Band, Simply Red, UB40 and even George Michael (if he were alive) lead the tribute.

What are you failing to see, understand and comprehend here? :bibliahh:

You say that you are Black and yet all you continue to make are excuses and demean us for how we/the vast majority of us are feeling.

Where were the Black artists/singers in the Dolly Parton tribute?

In the pre-GRAMMY telecast they tributed Classic Rock bands; where were the Black artists/singers tributing AC/DC and LED Zeppelin?

You are a MOTHERFU*KING Co*n.

Point-Blank-Period.

FreeXone
28 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

If you actually read my original post you would see this (highlighted as follows):

“If they wanted to celebrate the history of the most important Black institution in Pop culture, why couldn’t they have at least used living Black artists who were a part of Motown, current Black Soul artists at that or at least non-Black artists whose music is predominantly Soul driven”?

Your remark about Teena Marie makes no sense considering she was a White artist whom Black people adored; she was a White artist whose music was predominantly based in the R&B/Soul/Funk traditions; she was a White artist whom was actually signed to Motown records for the vast majority of her career.

There is no correlation here as Black people would not have minded at all if she were the primary artist behind this tribute (if she were alive).

The same terms would apply if Jon.B, Average White Band, Simply Red, UB40 and even George Michael (if he were alive) lead the tribute.

You say that you are Black and yet all you continue to make are excuses and demean us for how we/the vast majority of us are feeling.

In the pre-GRAMMY telecast they tributed Classic Rock bands; where were the Black artists/singers tributing AC/DC and LED Zeppelin?

Point-Blank-Period.

If there was a major female black country artist to sing Dolly there would be no problem. You dont have to be white to sing Dolly Parton. If lenny kravitz got up there and tributed  ac/dc or led zepplin no one would care!!! And stop bringing up race if your issue isn't about Race then you ****ing idiot. If you mad about her being chosen because she isn't a "soul singer" then say that. Stop bringing up, "it's black history month and where are the black artist" like an idiot, not to mention 3 black artist JOINED HER!!! 

At the end of the day Jlo is a great a performer and her primary genre is not latin...it has always been RnB/Pop. Her biggest hits were urban hits!! She has been singing "black music" forever so stfu COON. She is no more or less rnb than rihanna,beyonce or ciara.  You didn't see spanish folks complaining when Beyonce sang irreplaceable in spanish or French folks mad when she sang French at the Oscar's so stfu.

Save My Life

Call me when they actually call black artists to do tributes. First Prince, Aretha, now this :toofunny2: How embarrassing.

Save My Life

Call me when they actually call black artists to do tributes. First Prince, Aretha, now this :toofunny2: How embarrassing.

Amenemhat
1 hour ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Point-Blank-Period.

:lipton2:

didnt peep one POC in Dolly Parton's tribute and nobody said a word. But black people can't have nothing to themselves apparently.

JesusORGod
1 hour ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Point-Blank-Period.

You’re so dim so you believe everyone else is... how embarrassing.

You don’t need any type of skin colour to do a tribute for anyone. DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT A TRIBUTE IS?.. :ahh:

The fact Ariana etc has done Whitney tributes and people where fine with it but go off and hate Jlo and use her skin colour as an excuse. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0