Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

JLo killing stage during her Motown tribute

126 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, Amenemhat said:

that's note the same as an apology. She recorded.

The bolded are black so idk what they have in common with each other, but what they ALL have in common with Jlo is that none of them should be near a stage leading a Motown tribute anywhere! Hope that answers your question.

She stole credits from Ashanti. 

Lloyd Banks & Fabolous are half Latino. So it's OK for ALL the rappers I mentioned previously to use it who are of Latin descent (and they still continue to do so), but not for Jennifer Lopez who is Puerto Rican. Your wasting your energy on 18 year old tea when there are more ongoing issues today with people who are not POC.

And Ashanti was credited as a background vocalist in both remixes, and as a writer on "Ain't It Funny (Remix)". That's not stolen credits.

1 hour ago, SavagePapi said:

Watch the "GRAMMY's LIVE 60th Motown Celebration" tomorrow night that will showcase an incredible line up of many black artists. Like, ya'll really pressed over a 4-5 minute tribute over race? Did you not see Fantasia, Yolanda Adams, & Andra Day tribute Aretha Franklin, or did you skip that part? I can't. :toofunny3:

For someone who's fave took a L in 2018, and then again last night you should really save all this energy for the Bardi Gang. Yikes.

What does nicki have to do with anything? I have no beef with Cardi or her stans so try again with you delayed ass shade sis.

And the second part of my post wasn’t necessarily about last night. It’s a common trend I’ve seen for awhile with these “tributes”. And I said I didn’t like the performance now deal hoe.

29 minutes ago, SavagePapi said:

Lloyd Banks & Fabolous are half Latino.

And they are still black so Im not following your point.

30 minutes ago, SavagePapi said:

but not for Jennifer Lopez who is Puerto Rican. 

Yes, not for Jlo who is not a black woman. What is so hard to understand?

17 minutes ago, Amenemhat said:

And they are still black so Im not following your point.

Yes, not for Jlo who is not a black woman. What is so hard to understand?

And she's Puerto Rican. Do you not understand Puerto Rican ancestry? I-

So what makes it OK for Big Pun, Fat Joe, Pitbull, Joell Ortiz, Juelz Santana, Jr Writer, Jim Jones, The Beanuts, Cypress Hill, Tekashi, Cardi B, and so many others to continue using the "n-word", but J.Lo uses it one time and she's dragged?

Where's that same energy for Tekashi? :huh:

Well, I can't believe she literally got to do an entire Motown Tribute.... There was seriously NO ONE else?!?! I'm sorry, it still blows my mind she was chosen for... MOTOWN? Also, shame they chose one of the weakest female vocals in mainstream. 

It wasn't a bad performance, but strange choice. Also, what was with the salsa breakdown? What does that have to do with Motown? :rip: 

5 minutes ago, SavagePapi said:

And she's Puerto Rican. Do you not understand Puerto Rican ancestry? I-

Are you trying to say Jlo is black? I- 

6 minutes ago, SavagePapi said:

So what makes it OK for Big Pun, Fat Joe, Pitbull, Joell Ortiz, Juelz Santana, Jr Writer, Jim Jones, The Beanuts, Cypress Hill, Tekashi, Cardi B, and so many others to continue using the "n-word", but J.Lo uses it one time and she's dragged?

Where's that same energy for Tekashi? :huh:

As I made clear already anyone who is non-black should not be using that word. Non-black people should not be leading Motown  tributes. JLO IS NOT A BLACK WOMAN and has never identified as such. End of discussion, sit the **** down.

1 minute ago, Inverted said:

It wasn't a bad performance, but strange choice. Also, what was with the salsa breakdown? What does that have to do with Motown? :rip: 

So disrespectful.

8 minutes ago, Inverted said:

That wasn't salsa it was 50's dancing 

1 minute ago, Amenemhat said:

As I made clear already anyone who is non-black should not be using that word. Non-black people should not be leading Motown  tributes. JLO IS NOT A BLACK WOMAN and has never identified as such. End of discussion, sit the **** down.

You're a joke, love. You don't have an argument, and you have no reason being here if you're that upset.

J.Lo slayed, and we're living for it!

Queen! :clap3:

Apparently if someone wants to do a tribute, they can only do so if they are the same race. I think she did great and showed her love for the music.

1 minute ago, SavagePapi said:

J.Lo slayed, and we're living for it!

dragged by blue check twitter, the Rolling Stones and now USAToday. who is we?

8 minutes ago, Amenemhat said:

Are you trying to say Jlo is black? I- 

Breath FFs 😂

And JLo isn't ****ing white either 

So black people can only perform Black artists music? 

:toofunny3: 

So black artists shouldn't be performing white artists Music right? And vise Versa is that what your getting at

1 minute ago, DanceAgain said:

Breath FFs 😂

So black artists shouldn't be performing white artists Music right? And vise Versa is that what your getting at

That’s the vibe I’m getting from everyone complaining. 

15 minutes ago, DanceAgain said:

Breath FFs 😂

I never said she was white, the fact that you even asked me this question shows you clearly dont know the 1st thing about Motown. Motown was established to promote, protect and platform BLACK artists, who were abused and marginalised by the rest of the industry, had their records stolen, and vocals given to non-black frauds who would imitate them. So why in black history month of all months is a Motown tribute, being used to platform another non-black "artist" who also lipsync'd the vocals of black talent on multiple occasions. Its so disrespectful. 

The fact that she diid a salsa break just goes to show she has no reverence or connection to the culture, because its just about her. She will attend award shows every year winning zero awards, and perform medleys of every song but her own :mandown:

1 minute ago, Amenemhat said:

I never said she was white, the fact that you even asked me this question shows you clearly dont know the 1st thing about Motown. Motown was established to promote, protect and platform BLACK artists, who were abused and marginalised by the rest of the industry, had their records stolen, and vocals given to non-black frauds who would imitate them. So why in black history month of all months is a Motown tribute, being used to platform another non-black "artist" who also lipsync'd the vocals of black talent on multiple occasions. Its so disrespectful. 

The fact that she diid a salsa break just goes to show she has no reverence or connection to the culture, because its just about her. She will attend award shows every year winning zero awards, and perform medleys of every song but her own :mandown:

I wasn't reading that essay.

Your clearly pressed, She was asked and Paid by the Grammys take it up with them sis instead of acting bitter.

If you didn't like it, don't watch it ya said ya bet move on why keep going over it.. let it go it makes u look bitter and petty.

14 minutes ago, DanceAgain said:

I wasn't reading that essay.

Your clearly pressed, She was asked and Paid by the Grammys take it up with them sis instead of acting bitter.

If you didn't like it, don't watch it ya said ya bet move on why keep going over it.. let it go it makes u look bitter and petty.

dont ask questions if you're not ready for an answer. If I look "bitter" its because it left a bad taste in my mouth, and i'm not the only one. She will continue to receive her lashings.

The lip syncing :rip: 

I still find it strange how they chose her out of literally every one.

17 minutes ago, Amenemhat said:

dont ask questions if you're not ready for an answer. If I look "bitter" its because it left a bad taste in my mouth, and i'm not the only one. She will continue to receive her lashings.

Lashings? :toofunny3: I've Read far more Articles etc praising Her slaying last night.

Haters are Gonna hate She did that **** she truly is World-class 28 years in Business and still a Powerhouse I see why people fume.

Stay focused on been angry I mean all she did was perform and haters are seething she really Won didn't she Her names everywhere 

:sistrens:

@DanceAgain

I know you’re White but what are you failing to comprehend exactly?

Let’s have a genuine conversation...

Lopez’ performance was f*cking awful. Since when was MOTOWN ever about performing in leotards and/or gyrating on the stage?

Can you HONESTLY not see how people, namely Black people and those of the MOTOWN generation in particular, would be affected by this?

I hope at next years ‘Latin GRAMMY’s’ they call on Fantasia, Janelle Monae or Tinashe to do a tribute to Celia Cruz, Gloria Estefan or Shakira. Let’s also get Joe or Brian McKnight to tribute Luis Miguel and Marc Anthony while we’re at it and Sisqo to tribute Ricky Martin.

If they wanted to celebrate the history of the most important Black institution in Pop culture, why couldn’t they have at least used living Black artists who were a part of Motown, current Black Soul artists at that or at least non-Black artists whose music is predominantly Soul driven?

I didn’t see any Black singer tributing Dolly Parton during her segment.

I don’t see what’s so damn hard to understand! 

It was a hard SLAP in the face to Black artists and Black people! 

9 hours ago, selfmadelatino said:

Apparently if someone wants to do a tribute, they can only do so if they are the same race. I think she did great and showed her love for the music.

Is that all you’ve gotten from the backlash she’s receiving in some parts?

Is that the extent of your vision and intelligence when it comes to this matter?

Seriously?

2 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

@DanceAgain

I know you’re White but what are you failing to comprehend exactly?

Let’s have a genuine conversation...

Lopez’ performance was f*cking awful. Since when was MOTOWN ever about performing in leotards and/or gyrating on the stage?

Can you HONESTLY not see how people, namely Black people and those of the MOTOWN generation in particular, would be affected by this?

I hope at next years ‘Latin GRAMMY’s’ they call on Fantasia, Janelle Monae or Tinashe to do a tribute to Celia Cruz, Gloria Estefan or Shakira. Let’s also get Joe or Brian McKnight to tribute Luis Miguel and Marc Anthony while we’re at it and Sisqo to tribute Ricky Martin.

If they wanted to celebrate the history of the most important Black institution in Pop culture, why couldn’t they have at least used living Black artists who were a part of Motown, current Black Soul artists at that or at least non-Black artists whose music is predominantly Soul driven?

I didn’t see any Black singer tributing Dolly Parton during her segment.

I don’t see what’s so damn hard to understand! 

It was a hard SLAP in the face to Black artists and Black people! 

AND A ****ING GAIN JLO ISN'T WHITE..

STOP making it about race it's boring AF

She Slayed Your pressed. 

Of you pop :foxaylove2:

25 minutes ago, Lukey said:

The lip syncing :rip: 

I still find it strange how they chose her out of literally every one.

She was actually handpicked by Motown records founder Berry Gordy. I wonder if he's getting slack for that by his peers.

57 minutes ago, Amenemhat said:

dragged by blue check twitter, the Rolling Stones and now USAToday. who is we?

"Motown gets a fun, high-energy homage from JLo and the Grammys" - Detroit Free Press

"Twerking, Costume Changes & So Much More! Jennifer Lopez Gives It Her All for 2019 Grammys Motown Tribute" - E! News

"Jennifer Lopez never fails to put on an incredible performance and last night at the Grammy Award 2019 was no different. Proving age is just a number, the 49-year-old put on an explosively energetically performance." - Daily Star

"Of course, she's Jennifer and did what she does best, which is provide a performance full of dancing, charisma, and enviable ~lewks,~ no matter if you liked her singing or not" - Cosmopolitan

"Jennifer Lopez Pays Tribute to Motown With High-Energy Medley" - Billboard

"In addition to singing the medley of songs, Lopez didn’t stop moving the entire time. The star gave an incredible dance performance that saw her accompanied by backup dancers, sit atop a piano and much more" - Fox News "

Jennifer Lopez took the stage Sunday night to pay tribute to Motown at the 61st Annual GRAMMY Awards, and the singer absolutely slayed" - Entertainment Tonight

She was praised on Twitter by Today Show, GMA, E! News, Page SIX, Billboard, Leona Lewis, Alejandro Sanz,  Nick Cannon, etc. last night! 

Whew lordt! We love praise! :clap3:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0