Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

JLo killing stage during her Motown tribute

126 posts in this topic

She did great :clap3: prove em haters wrong.

2 hours ago, i spit on haters said:

I love Jennifer, but, they really should have booked a black artist for a Motown tribute. These are songs I know, love and grew up on.

Vocally, that was disappointing. That's the nicest way to put it out of my love for her. :rip:

And no one does 'Square Biz' better than Teena. The only white woman with soul.

At you thinking there gonna invite random obscure artists nobody has heard of for a tribute :rip: 

The point of them is to stir up interest in Motown so more people go and listen to there music and appreciate it. A bunch of nobodies aren't gonna help.

It was entertaining, but it’s not Motown. And I don’t want a Motown tribute from the AllLivesMatter songstress. 

She murdered most of ATRL's favorite and THEIR favorites, so...

Those vocals :rip:

when they confirmed she was performing, I thought it was a joke. Forgot that she is the same artist who sang the n word in her music and refused to apologise, stole writing credits from black artists and used their vocals... I mean wasn’t Motown established to protect black talent from people like her? But forgetting all of that... she ain’t black. How disrespectful. 

3 hours ago, Ishiba_Makuza said:

She did great :clap3: prove em haters wrong.

At you thinking there gonna invite random obscure artists nobody has heard of for a tribute :rip: 

The point of them is to stir up interest in Motown so more people go and listen to there music and appreciate it. A bunch of nobodies aren't gonna help.

It wasn’t about stirring up anything. You really think Diana Ross is waiting on your streams. GTFO. 

P.S. Teena Marie is dead dummy. And she said not obscure to the black community, in case you forgotten it’s a Motown tribute on black history month

Her energy and dance moves were on point as usual. I think people took issue with the fact that she doesn't deliver big vocals. But you can still do a good tribute without powerhouse vocals. To each their own.

59 minutes ago, Amenemhat said:

Those vocals :rip:

when they confirmed she was performing, I thought it was a joke. Forgot that she is the same artist who sang the n word in her music and refused to apologise, stole writing credits from black artists and used their vocals... I mean wasn’t Motown established to protect black talent from people like her? But forgetting all of that... she ain’t black. How disrespectful. 

Do you follow her closely? 

She has said plenty of times that she didn't write "I'm Real (Remix)". Do you feel the same way when Fat Joe, Big Pun, Jim Jones, The Beatnuts, Lloyd Banks, Juelz Santana, Fabolous, Joell Ortiz, Cardi B, Pitbull, Tekashi, J.R. Writer, etc., used the n word or is it just when Jennifer Lopez used it? I hope you have that same energy.

Also, she didn't steal writing credits from anyone. Everyone who has been part of the process has been credited, this includes background vocalists. And she's always been the lead singer. This isn't uncommon in the industry. There are countless famous singers who started out as background vocalists.

But forgetting all that, she slayed her performance. We love a Tribute Queen! :heart2:

**** was horrible. Always funny when these shows do tributes to black people they never once have hmm idk black people to do it. I’m sick.

10 minutes ago, Notorious MINAJ said:

**** was horrible. Always funny when these shows do tributes to black people they never once have hmm idk black people to do it. I’m sick.

Did we see the same performance? Didn't you see Smokey Robinson, Alicia Keys and Ne-Yo in this tribute? They're black people? And yes, I do happen to agree that JLo shouldn't have been the main artist to do the tribute.

21 minutes ago, Notorious MINAJ said:

Watch the "GRAMMY's LIVE 60th Motown Celebration" tomorrow night that will showcase an incredible line up of many black artists. Like, ya'll really pressed over a 4-5 minute tribute over race? Did you not see Fantasia, Yolanda Adams, & Andra Day tribute Aretha Franklin, or did you skip that part? I can't. :toofunny3:

For someone who's fave took a L in 2018, and then again last night you should really save all this energy for the Bardi Gang. Yikes.

ahhhh, what a legend :jonny5:she was amazing!!

3 hours ago, yamiyuuuu said:

Imagine lipsyncing at the Grammys :rip:

Imagine your favorite looking this beautiful and putting an energic/sexy show like this...

you probably can't.   

1 hour ago, SavagePapi said:

She has said plenty of times that she didn't write "I'm Real (Remix)".

that's note the same as an apology. She recorded.

Do you feel the same way when Fat Joe, Big Pun, Jim Jones, The Beatnuts, Lloyd Banks, Juelz Santana, Fabolous, Joell Ortiz, Cardi B, Pitbull, Tekashi, J.R. Writer, etc.

The bolded are black so idk what they have in common with each other, but what they ALL have in common with Jlo is that none of them should be near a stage leading a Motown tribute anywhere! Hope that answers your question.

Also, she didn't steal writing credits from anyone. Everyone who has been part of the process has been credited, this includes background vocalists. And she's always been the lead singer. This isn't uncommon in the industry. There are countless famous singers who started out as background vocalists.

She stole credits from Ashanti. 

14 minutes ago, Ramooon said:

Imagine your favorite looking this beautiful and putting an energic/sexy show like this...

you probably can't.   

Imagine stanning someone because of their looks and not their artistry 

29 minutes ago, Amenemhat said:

The bolded are black so idk what they have in common with each other, but what they ALL have in common with Jlo is that none of them should be near a stage leading a Motown tribute anywhere! Hope that answers your question.

She stole credits from Ashanti? Can u provide receipts? 

30 minutes ago, Amenemhat said:

So ya still gonna use that She stole whatever 

:cm:

It's embarrassing when the pettys keep using the same old "Jen stole whatever" yet every single person she's worked has been paid and credited and the receipts are all there 

I cringe when they keep trying it.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0