57 posts in this topic

rac7d
7 hours ago, RickyH. said:

This site doesn't know what they're talking about 90% of the time :skull:

can i quote you in my sig

slw84
31 minutes ago, B-Rabbit said:

It's just grime influenced music.  :rip:

well, it's new toa bigger audience so...

tumblr_moqlbwFVbr1r1dti4o5_r1_250.gif

Tutankhamun
22 hours ago, DivaCup said:

Drake's 'More Life' Playlist Is Redefining Borders of Blackness in Pop

With his globe-hopping release, the icon is ready for the confining boundaries of "rap artists" to explode

drake-new-playlist-read-breakdown-239ee167-5134-4b5e-984f-02712d4bef77.jpg

Drake's ambitious, lengthy, excellent "playlist" More Life, released last Saturday night, serves as affirmation of his desire to take over the pop world. Even when institutions like the Recording Academy refuse to recognize him as such — the mostly sung trop-pop of "Hotline Bling" was nominated in two rap categories at the most recent Grammy Awards — Drake is a pop star, and perhaps our biggest post-Justin Timberlake male pop star of the new millennium.

Aware of the way the world sees him, Drake's been vigilant with refusing to fit into the "rapper" mold he has clearly broken from. Instead, he holds a mirror to the world to show it what he sees. In the reflection is a vision of blackness and the alternative routes in which the culture manifests itself across various borders. For all the talk he does of seeing himself as an artist with few peers, he fits himself into a larger picture of what it means to be a black artist in 2017: "I'm apparently a rapper, even though 'Hotline Bling' is not a rap song," Drake said in a rare interview with Britain's DJ Semtex about his Grammy wins. "The only category that they can manage to fit me in is in a rap category, maybe because I've rapped in the past or because I'm black."

Read the rest of the article at the source

I lowkey use Drake but this entire article is literally just verbal diarrhea and doesn't even have an exact point :skull:

thedastardly
38 minutes ago, B-Rabbit said:

It's just grime influenced music.  :rip:

Did you even listen to the album and do you even know what grime is...

B-Rabbit
Just now, thedastardly said:

Did you even listen to the album and do you even know what grime is...

Yes and Yes