Lady Gaga’s US pure sales updated

ViviLittleM

I thought she'd sold way more physical's 

1 minute ago, mariahcarey said:

I thought she'd sold way more physical's 

She is the highest selling recording artist of her generation (Adele came after and Taylor came before).

4 hours ago, erianoillim said:

Is Just Dance really not diamond yet? It’s been 84 years stuck at 9x plat. And The Fame has been 9x plat for 84 years :angry:

But we need them to certificate them first. I mean TF being 3x Plat while it's getting close to 5 million pure is crime. :deadbanana2:

46 minutes ago, Taidekoons said:

But we need them to certificate them first. I mean TF being 3x Plat while it's getting close to 5 million pure is crime. :deadbanana2:

They’re probably waiting for the diamond cert but surely it has reached it by now with streaming and the Fame sales from Super Bowl, and Enigma? Didn’t The Fame chart when ASIB also was recently released?

I had no idea ASIB is about to outsell ARTPOP in pure sales. :deadbanana4:

Legend. :clap3:

30 minutes ago, Jude said:

I had no idea ASIB is about to outsell ARTPOP in pure sales. :deadbanana4:

Legend. :clap3:

Quality! :cm:

6 hours ago, Fireworks said:

Wow I'm surprised Just Dance sold so much in the US.

ASIB about to outsell Artpop too in pure sales:rip: It really might end up being her second biggest era in the US

Just Dance was so huge in the US it’s so interesting when people not from here (I’m assuming) underestimate how huge it was in 2009

On 2/10/2019 at 1:01 PM, mike3009 said:

No, on-demand streams includes Youtube, as well

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/8427967/billboard-changes-streaming-weighting-hot-100-billboard-200

2.66M are its RIAA units (1.1M sales + 234/150M streams)

I don't think so, if we divide the streams from Bad Romance for 100:1 without YouTube we have 9,850,000 units but the song has +11m in the US.

Born this Way's sales are so disappointing. That era was handled poorly if you look past all the heavy promotion and big first-week numbers. 

butterflysupreme
7 hours ago, luckythisway said:

Just Dance was so huge in the US it’s so interesting when people not from here (I’m assuming) underestimate how huge it was in 2009

It was huge everywhere, people love to understate its success in general

8 minutes ago, butterflysupreme said:

It was huge everywhere, people love to understate its success in general

Absolutely but it performed best in the US out of all the countries worldwide 

19 hours ago, GuusLima said:

I don't think so, if we divide the streams from Bad Romance for 100:1 without YouTube we have 9,850,000 units but the song has +11m in the US.

It's certified 11x Platinum because pre-2016 RIAA certifications were 100:1 streams, it doesn't have 11M+ SPS in the US

YT is absolutely included in these numbers, there is 0% chance Bad Romance, or any 2009 song, has 400M domestic streams from Spotify & Apple Music alone

8 hours ago, mike3009 said:

It's certified 11x Platinum because pre-2016 RIAA certifications were 100:1 streams, it doesn't have 11M+ SPS in the US

YT is absolutely included in these numbers, there is 0% chance Bad Romance, or any 2009 song, has 400M domestic streams from Spotify & Apple Music alone

@GuusLima is right though. If we take the 2019 figure of 395M streams and use the 1:100 ratio, that would give us 3.95M units. Add to that the 5.9M pure sales and we would get a total of 9.85M SPS, or just below diamond for RIAA purposes. (I used 1:100 for the entirety of the streams to prove a point, since using 1:150 from 2016-present as per the RIAA would lower the streaming units total even more.) Thus, we know this SPS number can't include YouTube since the RIAA has it at 11x Platinum and YouTube is the only platform that we're questioning whether it is or isn't included in that streaming total provided by Billboard.

I'm just as surprised though, who would have though that a 2009 song would do almost 400M US streams without YouTube? :jonny:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.