• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jet

• WayTooHonest13

• Aristocrat

• wxvii

5 hours ago, Thuggin said:

I think y’all forget that the trajectory for streaming heavy albums is way different than the trajectory for pure sales heavy albums. Post Malone and Drake debuted with way less than Reputation but both their albums ended up way bigger. :laugh: Streaming isn’t about the first week. It serves longevity.

Really? I was told the same when Sweetener broke several streaming records but it ended up on struggling outdoing Reputation first week SPS units after 6 months, so depending on the artist there can be exceptions. I hope she can now have some better longevity with those lil quick streaming hits and probably have her first album spending reputation total weeks on top 10 or maybe snatch her first #1 BB200 YE.

Edited by sober

5 hours ago, Thuggin said:

I think y’all forget that the trajectory for streaming heavy albums is way different than the trajectory for pure sales heavy albums. Post Malone and Drake debuted with way less than Reputation but both their albums ended up way bigger. :laugh: Streaming isn’t about the first week. It serves longevity.

1. No they didn’t 

2. Has Sweetener’s total SPS even reached Rep’s first week total? 

Swifties should calm tf down. Ari's not going to unseat Taylor in the main pop girl table.

17 minutes ago, PrettyHurts said:

fake news it will do over 400k just wait for the next update 

No it won't, 300k from SEA and TEA is completely out of range.

I don’t get the drama comparing Taylor and Ariana, they have both proved themselves with everything they have done the last 2 eras. I believe POP is rising again and they have helped A LOT.

On Topic, I hope Numbers keep rising :party:

Edited by weasley

Lol. Ariana proves them naysayers wrong again. :clap3:

Woo she should put up a few signed copies on her website to boost it even more :duca: 

**** outta here with that pure sales!1!1!1 bull****. y’all are comparing apples and oranges

3 hours ago, sober said:

Really? I was told the same when Sweetener broke several streaming records but it ended up on struggling outdoing Reputation first week SPS units after 6 months, so depending on the artist there can be exceptions. I hope she can now have some better longevity with those lil quick streaming hits and probably have her first album spending reputation total weeks on top 10 or maybe snatch her first #1 BB200 YE.

Ariana’s singles are the opposites of quick streaming hits.

Just her catalog singles on U.S. Spotify:

65. NTLTC - 367,241

72. Breathin’ - 355,747

97. God Is A Woman - 307,131

192. Into You - 197,293

Literally her entire early career is plagued with bad Chart runs because the songs were bigger over time (see: Into You bombing but going 4x Platinum).

3 hours ago, Isaiah said:

1. No they didn’t 

HDD has Sweetener at 1.2M SPS as of 2/1. Seeing as Reputation did 1.238M SPS first week, I think it’s fair to assume that Sweetener has either surpassed it or is very close.

4 hours ago, sober said:

Nothing quick about Ariana's hits. You must be thinking about all those Taylor singles that completely collapsed after a few weeks. How many weeks did Reputation spend top 10? 12? TUN will very likely beat that.

3 hours ago, Isaiah said:

1. No they didn’t 

1. Yes they're much bigger albums. :rip: And they didn't need tricks like getting fans to buy as many albums as possible to get better tour seats either.

2. Last update was 1.2 million without YouTube and the Grammy award winner has a chance to return to the top 10 next week so clearly it's doing well. Off topic though.

5 minutes ago, Thuggin said:

Nothing quick about Ariana's hits. You must be thinking about all those Taylor singles that completely collapsed after a few weeks. How many weeks did Reputation spend top 10? 12? TUN will very likely beat that.

1. Yes they're much bigger albums. :rip: And they didn't need tricks like getting fans to buy as many albums as possible to get better tour seats either.

2. Last update was 1.2 million without YouTube and the Grammy award winner has a chance to return to the top 10 next week so clearly it's doing well. Off topic though.

your answer to #2 could’ve simply been “no it hasn’t”  since that’s what you’re dancing around :cm: 

-

and “much” bigger even though rep was #1 year end despite having its entire first month not counted in the 2018 BB tracking year? Doesn’t sound frontloaded to me despite what you’re trying to say. The fact you’re clingjng to post Malone and drake of all people just to bring Taylor down :skull: 

23 hours ago, analxspears said:

literally none of our faves have been able to consistently out-do themselves every era so y'all f@z can cram it

Yours Truly 138k

My Everything 169k

Dangerous Woman 175k

Sweetener 231k

Thank U Next 300k

21 hours ago, Coklek92 said:

Taylor and Adele say hi

Taylor Swift 40,000

Fearless 592,000

Speak Now 1,040,000

Red 1,210,000

1989 1,287,000

She barely scrapes it with the last one but she did it! Impressive!!! legit has anyone else got this feat i'm actually intrigued 

1 hour ago, Isaiah said:

your answer to #2 could’ve simply been “no it hasn’t”  since that’s what you’re dancing around :cm: 

-

and “much” bigger even though rep was #1 year end despite having its entire first month not counted in the 2018 BB tracking year? Doesn’t sound frontloaded to me despite what you’re trying to say. The fact you’re clingjng to post Malone and drake of all people just to bring Taylor down :skull: 

Reputation was released on the first week of 2017/2018 Billboard year.

38 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

AHHHH please keep going up! I want this to have 500k+ first week :jonny4:

Nnnnnn impossible. I predicted 400k, though but it seems impossible now. :katie:

1 hour ago, Isaiah said:

-

Reputation was the textbook definition of frontloaded. It hasn't even been able to sell in total the double of its first week sales, meaning that its first week account for 57% of its total sales :toofunny2: a frontloaded and forgotten mess. "Sweetener" has proven to have more longevity on the charts (single-wise as well) and "Thank u, next" will likely do so too.

26 minutes ago, Mark Rih said:

Reputation was released on the first week of 2017/2018 Billboard year.

isn't the first week of December the cutoff? reputation released November 10th

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.