Have you ever felt like a girl trapped in a male's body?

47 posts in this topic

Koreku

I've felt like this before I could even properly explain it to myself as a little kid. I hated dressing up in ugly *** cargo shorts with Transformers T-shirts and whenever I would see girls in elementary school do stereotypical girl things and not get reprimanded for it I would feel a strong self-loathing or helplessness that I couldn't articulate. People interacted with me like I was a boy which is understandable because I am a boy but it never felt right. I felt perpetually misunderstood, confused and alone. 

Anyways has anyone else ever felt like a girl trapped in a boy's body? Hope everyone has a good weekend xx :heart2:

iEwVLi2.gif

truthteller

no

i only feel like i'm trapped in a fat body

oY27Lgi.gif

Koreku
8 minutes ago, Ohno said:

Yes but I don't want to transition

exactly

i'll take the facial hair I guess

but if there was a way as a kid to just spin really quickly and magically transform into a girl sailor moon style I would've done it 

oY27Lgi.gif

americanlife

I think I did sometimes as a kid but I am not at all trans.

Otter

When I was a teen, yes. I thought I was awkward as a boy and that as a girl my expressions and character would more at home. I never envisioned I coudl act on it but secretely wished I was born a girl during those years and occasionaly now as well. However, I never had an issue with my genitals and grew more comfortable with myself as I reached my 20s. 

Now I understand more about the experiences between the sexes, I'm very happy to be a gay male :rip: 

Just wish there were more hunties around and that sex was less messy :fan:

Erreur2 La Nature

I think if I have had the choice I would have prefered being a girl but I'd never ever change my sex. That's weird though cause I'm not feminine.

Illuminati

Not gonna lie - sometimes yeah :emofish: Maybe it's just a false expectation that I would have been more attractive to guys as a girl but I will never really know. When people identify as neither, or genderfluid I get it. Some people just genuinely feel that way without being committed to conform to standards of either of the sexes and maybe it really is just my inner rebellion against gender stereotypes.
I don't intend to change my gender and I'm not trans.

Bacardi
3 hours ago, Ohno said:

Yes but I don't want to transition

oY27Lgi.gif

Same

oY27Lgi.gif

Pop Life

Not really. At least not anymore. As a child you have little to no say in your own life, so I think I may have felt more trapped then. I went to a deeply religious private school as a kid and whenever I would express feminine traits I was aggressively reprimanded. It left me feeling wounded in ways I didn't have the words to articulate yet and I ended up acting out alot. There were times where I wondered if I would feel more free as a girl.
Now that I'm an adult I can say and do whatever I want. And with the overall shift in attitudes toward gender I feel much more comfortable. Gender roles are less absolute than they used to be. I don't feel trapped as any one thing. I'm just me. The fact that I'm soft and dress androgynously doesn't make me any less of a man.

jagger88788

Only when I fell in love with a straight guy and wished I was a girl so he would like me :skull:

Kang.

not gonna lie I felt that way as a kid sometimes too.

but into adulthood, no.

PrettyHurts

yes as a child

i enjoy being male now though

oY27Lgi.gif

cOe

Yes, many times, but I've decided to life my life as a gay man and it doesn't bother me much

Koreku
8 hours ago, Miichael said:

Maybe you are trans?

I honestly don't think I am. A lot of the disdain for myself I felt as a kid had more to do with the social aspect of gender; I never felt uncomfortable with my male body and I've never had a desire to dress or appear feminine (although there are certain boy clothes I cannot stand :skull:). I wished I was a girl mainly because I wanted to know what it was like to fit into a role without feeling reprimanded or non-included. 

snowpiercer

Nope but I think you should speak to someone (not on atrl) about this subject OP

Fetch

I think I'd make a fierce drag queen but I like being a man. Ladies and gentlemen, please welcyum to the stage, the incomparable "Sue Dough Sighance" get on up!

Reinvention

When I was younger I thought I wanted to but I think it was just because gender roles are so strictly imposted on children - like if you're a girl you better be into pink, barbies and having tea parties and the boys better be into sports, the outdoors and into toy cars, action man etc.

But yeah, like many gay boys I was into the same things the girls were and when I was young I guess I felt like I was supposed to be a girl.

However now I am entirely happy with my gender as a gay man, it's just that I had these pressures imposed on me by society. It is strange when you see every boy into things you don't care about and you just wanna hang with the girls.

Still remember being like 8-10 and being made to sleep in the boys room and not with the girls. Like we were CHILDREN. I literally don't get what the parents were worrying about.

Dragonfly

If I was born again and I could choose, I might choose female

But that's about it

AvrilLaQueen

Yes, but at the age of 12 or something I started actually liking my body and being a boy. But I wanted to be a girl so much at a young age, I felt it was a mistake to be born as a boy. Now I can't imagine myself living life as a woman, it wouldn't be right :skull: