Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are you scared trump will remove DACA?

7 posts in this topic

Anyone here scared trump will remove DACA?

For me I grew up in the US so if trump removes it today and sends me back to Mexico I have 0 idea what will happen to me.

i'll no longer be able to work or study in the US and I have 0 clue how the Mexican government works.

1 minute ago, Sim said:

Anyone here scared trump will remove DACA?

For me I grew up in the US so if trump removes it today and sends me back to Mexico I have 0 idea what will happen to me.

i'll no longer be able to work or study in the US and I have 0 clue how the Mexican government works.

I feel for you <3, I have a friend thats going through the same thing.  Unfortunately the Mexican government is useless, hopefully he won't. 

Congress is already drawing up legislation to protect DACA applicants in the form of the "Bridge" act. It's not perfect but should trump remove DACA it will help protect DACA recipients for a short time. Basically setting a deadline for congress to pass meaningful immigration reform. 

This is what I don't understand with Republicans and how cruel they can be.

They want people to "go back" to "their countries", but for so many... this is their country? This is their home? Many people on things like the DREAM Act have lived here since they were babies or small children. America is all they know and often they're prouder to be American than most native born Americans (:rip:). 

If you deport them and plant them in the middle of their "native" country, they may not even have anyone they know there. You're essentially ruining the life of someone, for all intents and purposes, is culturally American and throwing them to possibly suffer in an unknown land. 

Also too with certain states letting DREAMers and others pay in-state tuition. The FURY that makes in some people is so.....odd. They argue why should people from neighboring states have to pay out-of-state tuition when a "non-citizen" gets to pay in-state tuition, but for all intents and purposes, those people are cultural residents of that state. Why shouldn't someone who has lived in a state for 95% of their life and gone through their entire education system be denied in-state tuition? And don't most undocumented immigrants given permission to work under things like DACA pay more in taxes than the average lower middle class American worker? :rip: