HDD: Billboard to add YouTube streams to album chart

Hector

BYE all of my faves are streaming POISONS theyre going to be even more dead :deadbanana4:

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Karasu

• Samson

• Yog

• Cryptique

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Theus said:

That isn't exactly the point. I mean we already had albums that despite being huge flops were able to chart high due to having only one hit song... Now that's going to happen more than ever, and considering the BB200 should reflect the most popular albums, the chart is missing completely its point. 

True but how else can they measure an album's success? They can't do album sales only when sales have been dead for a couple of years now. This is the fairest way to do it imo. The only problem is fake views that Youtube needs to take care of

1 hour ago, Theus said:

That isn't exactly the point. I mean we already had albums that despite being huge flops were able to chart high due to having only one hit song... Now that's going to happen more than ever, and considering the BB200 should reflect the most popular albums, the chart is missing completely its point. 

Like has already been explained, and being overlooked, this isn't going to change anything. And what's a huge flop to you? Pure sales? Those are obselete at this point. BB200 does reflect the most popular albums. Your opinion on how they've decided to do it doesn't mean they're missing the point, it's their creation...

Your thinking is really outdated. These albums are getting streamed. You don't see half of them with major smash hits, but the album track streams are consistent. A lot of these albums aren't even getting singles until after they see how the album cuts perform.

Hundreds of millions of people are streaming music now. They're/our streams matter more than the few hundred thousand still purchasing. How anyone still thinks the opposite in 2019, I...

Wait didn't that already happen a long time ago :psyduck:

mandela effect teas

BLACKPINK COMING FOR UNLIMITED WEEKS AT #1... 

28 minutes ago, WeFoundWill said:

Wait didn't that already happen a long time ago :psyduck:

mandela effect teas

They added YT to RIAA (the people who do certifications).

OT: They’re like 12 years too late. YT is basically over now in the Western World and is losing popularity daily thanks to Spotify and Apple Music.

This is good right? The songs that people are actually listening to will get credit. 

Why they don't do this during 1989 era? :chick3:

2 hours ago, wesleywalrus said:

Yeah the bots in the middle east will make all katy singles diamond

This is about BB albums chart and certifications already include YT streams :deadbanana2:

The way that ATRL clings to a dead format so much that they not even bother reading about what they're talking about :deadbanana2:

nnn why couldn't they have this kinda stuff when JLo was flopping with sales, but doing amazing on YouTube? :jonny:

1 hour ago, Fireworks said:

True but how else can they measure an album's success? They can't do album sales only when sales have been dead for a couple of years now. This is the fairest way to do it imo. The only problem is fake views that Youtube needs to take care of

They should do it like UK charts aka deleting sales from the highest charting single

I mean, if streaming counts why would YouTube not count? However, I still feel that YouTube and streaming should count more than radio, which only a few people and money have control over.

Radio payola is still the enemy of quality music.

1 minute ago, Leon said:

I mean, if streaming counts why would YouTube not count? However, I still feel that YouTube and streaming should count more than radio, which only a few people and money have control over.

Radio payola is still the enemy of quality music.

Radio doesn't count for BB200.

5 hours ago, heartbeats said:

let's go katy :heart2: 

I was about to protest but I won't! :cm:

4 hours ago, Mr. Taxi said:

Well... kpop groups are coming I guess

There's only like 3 groups that could pull big numbers :deadbanana4:

Katy with 500k+ debut. I-

Adding Spotify+AM streams on Album chart is already a joke. And now they want to add YT streams as well. :rip: 

BTS and BLACKPINK :clap3:

12 hours ago, iHype. said:

It’d literally make almost no difference. 

10 million YouTube views would only count as 3K sales with 1:3750 weighing. Even 30 million views in a week (4 million+ per day) would only be 8K sales.

Majority of the #1 songs on YouTube US don’t get 30 million in a week. 

THIS..

as long as it's 1:3750, I'm good

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.